Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Diesel Model #360-22 Help

Reviews Summary for Diesel Model #360-22
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Mobile speaker obviously intended for the CB crowd

You can write your own review of the Diesel Model #360-22.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2009 13:43 Send this review to a friend
Surprised me!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi, I recently bought a large lot of mobile speakes from good 'ole ePay, er, eBay. The seller was not too distant, so the shipping was cheap. The price I paid was one of the 'bargains of a lifetime'.

One of the speakers, was the listed Diesel # 360-22. I have seen similar Diesel speakers in truck stops in the past. I was always 'tempted' to buy one, since they are not priced like a Sounds Sweet. However, I have a ton of small speakers and always thought it would be an 'also ran'...
I made a 'switch box', so I can instantly switch between 10 different speakers. This makes evaluating them very easy. If you have to unplug one speaker and plug in another, you ain't gonna remember what the last one sounded like. I like to line up a bunch of different ones in a row and switch through them. I get one of my buddies or drag the gf into the shack for these 'tests'. ha ha
Anyway, the Diesel is not only a nice looking speaker, it sounds just excellent. It accentuates the highs which gives it 'clarity'. There is a switch on the back which I just discovered today. It simply states "on - off". Judging by the difference in audio, I suspect it's just a cap switched across the speaker.
(some CB speakers call this a "Noise Blanker") WOW!!!
So, next time you are at a 'Flying J', and have a couple of bucks in your pocket, snag one.
I do NOT know if this model is still made.
By the way, included in the sale was 5 NEW SH2P4s.
These little (!!!) speakers continue to flat amaze me. Please see reviews for them.....

tnx