Reviews Categories | Lightning & Surge Protection/Supression | I.C.E Coaxial Suppressor Help

Reviews Summary for I.C.E Coaxial Suppressor
I.C.E Coaxial Suppressor Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $44
Description: Patented Coaxial devices for lightning surge protection of facilities. Used by Commercial, Military, and amateur facilities world wide. Several models to chose from.
More info: http://www.iceradioproducts.com

You can write your own review of the I.C.E Coaxial Suppressor.

KG5I Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2005 07:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've just installed 4 I.C.E. devices at the base of my tower. I mounted them inside a NEMA box on a copper bulkhead. As others have said, I noticed a decrease in static-type noises. I have my HF, VHF, &UHF feedlines all going through these devices. In addition, I have my 8-wire rotor cable inline too. These units are well-built and should provide many years of service. The nice folks at I.C.E. also sell the correct chemicals you need to properly fasten these to your grounding unit too. But for me the main reason for using these are "Ligntening Protection". So far I've not had any near hits, but I am confident these units will protect me.

W3ETC Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2005 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Actually works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Based on the reviews of this site I went ahead and purchased five of these devices along with the mounting plate and grounding bar. These are rugged beefy devices that actually do make a difference in the backgound nosie level as they provide a constant drain to ground. Support was great as I called them a couple of times to understand the proper way to install a complete grounding solution for the shack. Very helpful and took their time. Lightening is interesting stuff and there is alot of information that is all over the place as to what not and what to do. I appreciate the time they spent. The products are solid devices encased in a tight chassis that can be mounted in or outside. I mounted mine inside and made them and the plate the center of my grounding solution. I A/B ed the noise difference with them in and out of the line and you can hear and see a difference. I recommend these devices and the extra piece of mind they provide.

WV4R Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2004 22:01 Send this review to a friend
More Bang for the Bux...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the ICE#303u for years. I favor the 8KW-PEP/4KW-CSS model w/SO-239 connectors costing about $44. The Quality is Obvious. The Design is Fantastic. The Price is Right! Looks Professional. Works Professionally. A little known additional feature/benefit is the wealth of literature I.C.E. makes available for the asking. They have a toll-free number. The sales staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. This unit Has to get the wv4r FIVE-Star Rating cuz it workz gud & lasts Long time! 73 es God bless, murf.

W3ULS Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2002 22:34 Send this review to a friend
Mounting Hardware  Time owned: more than 12 months
I agree with the comments of the others on the I.C.E. coax suppressors, and call attention to the additional fact that I.C.E. sells aluminum blocks that permit placement of the coax suppressors directly onto ground rods. This arrangement obviates the need to run copper straps or braid from the suppressor to ground as the block clamps on the ground rod and the suppressors are then bolted directly to the block.

K9KJM Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2002 17:01 Send this review to a friend
VERY GOOD PRODUCT  Time owned: more than 12 months
i have been using I.C.E. Products for years, and have had no problems with them. Very well constructed, connected between radios and antennas on top of towers that have taken direct lightning hits, with no damage to the radios. While there is no such thing as 100% protection, I compare these units favorably with Polyphaser, which is also a great product. NOTE: any protection device needs to be connected to a good ground system, something lacking in most ham situations.

KA7GKN Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2001 10:44 Send this review to a friend
a great product and well kept secret  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
via Eham.net I came across this device. I ordered the 303 for hf, 302 for uhf/vhf and the 348 for my rotator. I am impressed with their construction quality, size...made in USA! excellent tech support over the phone etc etc
The 303 really surprised me in significantly cutting the "hash-static" in my station. at first I did not believe it so I did the in/out circuit test to be sure it was not an emotionally induced result! I then did more reading about the build up
of static in coax and this thing really helps

Final thought, for the very affordable price and the excellent construction I want to know how come this device was kept secret for so long? How come no one reviewed this in any ham rag????

lightning only strikes the same place once ...because it destroys it the first time..so get a 303 to help reduce your odds of damaging your gear

Marty, KA7GKN

W7TRX Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2001 00:16 Send this review to a friend
High performance, high quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
In about one years time I had popped the front ends on 4 different shortwave radios due to static. I needed some help. I ordered and installed ICE supressors on both my SWL antennas. No more blown radios after 3 years of use.

After becoming a ham, I have 4 more of these ( one for each antenna feedline) mounted and grounded just outside my shack to protect my radios. No failures in over a year with this setup. They are built like a tank and will likely outlast my antennas. I swear by them.

I also have several of their bandpass filters and they exhibit the same high quality construction.

I highly recommend these products.

W7TRX