Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | RadioWavz 40m End Fed Half Wave Help

Reviews Summary for RadioWavz 40m End Fed Half Wave
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $47.99
Description: 40 meter end fed half wave wire antenna
More info: http://www.radiowavz.com/

You can write your own review of the RadioWavz 40m End Fed Half Wave.

KD0PBO Rating: 4/5 Mar 20, 2014 10:25 Send this review to a friend
Not too shabby....  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
...for an end fed wire.

I've had this wire up for a little over 3 months now and have had great results on 40m. It will tune up to a flat 1:1 SWR on 40, 20, and 15 with relative ease but it doesn't seem to hear as well on 15 and 20 as it does on 40m. For 40m though, it has been working great, allowing me to make contacts to both coasts from my Missouri home.

The only problem I've had with it is about 2 weeks after I strung it up, a relatively weak wind storm came through and ripped the wire out of the factory solder crimp. So I replaced both ring crimp connectors on the main wire and stub and so far so good. Much more solid connection that so far, as stood up to wind storms producing 50-60 mph wind gusts.

Its a little pricey but if you can find it on a discount somewhere, it wouldn't be a bad antenna for back up or portable use.

KC8UNR Rating: 2/5 Sep 7, 2013 21:39 Send this review to a friend
not worth the money  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had 4 of these in last 5 years.
Each one has shorted out, or opened, after
less than 1 year. I DO NOT OWN an amp, and
frequently run qrp, they each have FAILED with minimum use. I had one go bad in 3 months.
I have tried calling 3 times, also many emails
sent and NO RESPONSE FROM RADIOWAVZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Their dipoles seem very good(knock on wood)have 4 of them, and for many years. So why is the end fed so bad compared to their dipoles?

N6WY Rating: 4/5 Dec 13, 2009 19:18 Send this review to a friend
It works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered my RadioWavz 40m End Fed Half Wave Antenna from Gigaparts and it arrived very quickly. Installation was simple at my QTH for an end fed 40 meter half wave. My review is based on using this antenna with my one and only HF rig. My HF rig is a home brew cw transceiver that has about 5 Watts output and a simple superhet receiver. I have no test equipment and no VSWR meter.

The Positives:
* Good construction.
* I can hear stations and make contacts with the stations I hear.
* The antenna is tuned to the lower end of 40 meters per the instruction sheet that came with the antenna. I want the antenna for the lower end of 40 meters. Instructions explained how to tune the antenna to a different part of the band if you have basic test equipment.
The Negatives:
* Do not know what to do with the tuning stub. I took it off the antenna. I hope that the performance data included with the instructions was with the tuning stub off. Instructions gave No indication about tuning stub required to obtain the advertised performance. You need an antenna analyzer to determine if you need the tuning stub. If I knew what to do with the tuning stub, I would give this product a 5.

K3OCW Rating: 4/5 Aug 7, 2009 16:34 Send this review to a friend
Works for me. 8.5  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
At my QTH I need to use an end fed wire. So, I installed my own. It worked for my TS-520S, but then I got an ICOM 746 and it didn't like the the homebrew.After searching for end fed antennas on the net, I decided on the RadioWavz.I order it on Tue. and it was to arrive Friday. Wednesday of next week rolled around and no antenna?? I called and was told mine got shipped to Texas by mistake. Well, Rochelle of RadioWavz,shipped another by second day Fed EX, it was here by Friday.It's installed about 25' up and working good. The ICOM tunes up at 1:1. The ICOM is happy and I'm making more contacts than I did with the home brewed.So I'm happy. I would rate it an 8.5. If you need an end fed antenna, I would look into these.