Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | AR-303 Help

Description: Lightweight antenna rotator for small antennas up to 40kg,
azimuth angle 360° with mechanical endpositions. Control
unit for 230VAC with direction indicator. Can be mounted on
support pole with 38 to 50mm diameter, turning pole diameter
24 to 50mm, weight 4kg. Requires 3-wire control cable.
More info: http://www.wimo.de

You can write your own review of the AR-303.

AF5CC Rating: 2/5 Sep 15, 2014 21:17 Send this review to a friend
Wouldn't buy another  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the Hygain AR-303 a few years ago. I was going to order a UTE-105 rotor but R and L electronics was out of them, so I figured I would get this one from them instead. I have had good luck with MFJ products in the past, guess my luck ran out on this one.

I have used it with a 3 element MFJ yagi and a fairly small 2 meter beam, or a Cushcraft A270-10S dualband yagi. These are all light, small antennas. From the start the rotor wouldn't rotate a full 360 degrees, it would only make it about 355 degrees. The slippage that others speak about is real. I would have to go up on the roof and reposition it about once a year.

Now it is getting worse. I repositioned it a couple of weeks ago, and now it only rotates about 280 degrees or so, and bounces as it rotates. I think it is getting ready to die. I have a Radio Shack rotor that will be replacing it when I get motivated enough to swap them in and out.

I will give it a 2 as it has rotated my antennas for the past 4 years or so, and did have it turning a Mosley Mini 32 for a couple of months. However, it never completely worked right and it is pretty much finished. Luckily I have the antennas setup now where I can look outside the shack window and see where they are pointed as I can't rely on the control box to tell me.

Wish I had waited and bought the UTE-105 or anything else instead. I wouldn't buy another one of these.

KF5HVW Rating: 3/5 Nov 12, 2012 15:43 Send this review to a friend
OK  Time owned: more than 12 months
This unit is less than $100 which is 1/3 the cost of next unit. It works OK but has some slippage that requires me to lower antenna and reposition. I use it on a MOSLEY Beam antenna that is 9 Lbs.
This is the only antenna rotor I have even used
and I plan to upgrade it soon due the slippage issue.

EA4DGW Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2011 01:59 Send this review to a friend
Excelente rotor ligero  Time owned: more than 12 months
Tengo instalado el rotor AR303 desde hace un año con una antena dipolo rígido ECO para 10-15-20m. No he tenido ningún problema, es preciso en la orientación y muy fácil de instalar y muy ligero. Una vez con fuerte viento se desfasó el indicador y el rotor. Desconectando el cable de tres hilos que los une giras el mando a la posición real y vuelve a estar enfasado. No se lo que durará pero de momento no tengo ninguna queja. ¡Ojo! es solo para antenas muy ligeras y poca resistencia al viento, en la parte superior lleva un casquillo de fricción de acero inoxidable y en la inferior un rodamiento muy pequeño.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 0/5 Sep 12, 2009 09:23 Send this review to a friend
works FB!!!! After that...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
... I replaced my new indoor unit, which was literally liquefying, with an old one, which I found at a hamfest and bought 'as is' for 15$, branded CB-Vicky and showing at least 20 years of age.
I believe that there are a number of three-wire indoor units, which could work equally well for this rotor.

The old CB vicky indoor unit is similar to the new branded by Jebsee. However the mechanics is so much more quiet, smooth and reliable compared to the noisy new controller which is so prone to failure (especially near and under the knob).

Using the old controller I would now give a 5/5 to this rotor. Still, I cannot understand how new products sold in the market seem to be designed to perform worse rather than better.

-------------------

Previous review:

This is my updated review after three days of use.
I repaired the small plastic support replacing the small plastic cylinder with a metal screw of the same size put accross the plastic base.

Then a thin copper contact simply broke. I repaired that.

Then one plastic triangle close the knob disgregated. Albeit the external part might be fine, the control-box of this rotor is melting!

--------------------

My old review:

Bought this from Wimo. It is called Jebsee AR-303 Masterrotor. This rotator looks great for the price. I paid this rotator at about the price for a Heil microphone capsule. Price per kilo ratio is just great, about 13 euro! Wow!

Well.. this rotator just lasted between 2 and 3 hours. A fundamental and very thin white plastic support inside the control box simply broke. I still cannot believe how a company sells products that depend on a such weak component. Save money, in my view, the value of this product is negative

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 0/5 Aug 24, 2009 07:00 Send this review to a friend
Biodegradable matter?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my updated review after three days of use.

Then a thin copper contact simply broke. I repaired that.

--------------------