Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Sangean W R - 1 Help

Reviews Summary for Sangean W R - 1
Sangean W R - 1 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99.00
Description: High-end AM/FM table top radio
More info: http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/spcialty/4394.html

You can write your own review of the Sangean W R - 1.

N4DBM Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2009 09:51 Send this review to a friend
Update - Still Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had to update the review after experimenting more with the WR-1 receiver. Hooked an external FM antenna (single element folded dipole) with correct matching transformet, etc, 75 ohm coax with type F connector to the radio. I was fully expecting the radio to overload on FM broadcast just like every other receiver I've ever owned, but to my surprise, the receiver SENSITIVITY and SELECTIVITY is better than any other analog or PLL synthesized receiver I've ever seen. My antenna element is atop the roof (about 30 feet) and I am receiving one station on EVERY allocation, from 88.1 to 107.9. I have several 100,000 watt stations within 20 miles of my house and STILL YET can hear very distant NEXT ADJACENT SPACED channels. This thing must have an extremely tight, high quality I.F. filtering system.

As I mentioned in a previous review, the AM selectivity is also excellent, but I thought the FM performance was highly, highly above normal.

73, N4DBM.