Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | K8RA P6 Single Lever Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for K8RA P6 Single Lever Paddle
K8RA P6 Single Lever Paddle Reviews: 29 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$160
Description: Hand made solid laquered brass single lever key. Highly adjustable, 4 lbs weight, with optional rosewood or walnut paddles. Silver contacts, precision bearings
More info: http://www.k8ra.com/

You can write your own review of the K8RA P6 Single Lever Paddle.

K6MJR Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2014 18:59 Send this review to a friend
A Treasure Piece  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I just learned of Jerry's passing today. He will be truly missed but never forgotten. I will proudly use my P-6 paddle with pride. This paddle has such nice craftsmanship and feels great! Very smooth and quiet. If you ever find a pre-owned one, I would not hesitate to buy one again and again.

NZ8J Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2013 04:36 Send this review to a friend
2nd update, one change  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's been over 2 1/2 years since my last update. At that time I had been using the paddle for several months and never had to readjust my settings from the initial setup. Well, I like a very light touch and close spacing on my paddles so I decided to trim a couple turns off the tension springs to reduce the tension even further. Worked perfectly!! I couldn't ask for a smoother paddle. One indication of a well engineered and constructed paddle is how well it operates with light tension and close spacing and still retain its ability to NOT insert unwanted elements, this one doesn't. I've owned expensive paddles from other manufacturers that I couldn't make that claim about. Jerry now offers a magnetically controlled tension option that most likely would have eliminated the need for my mod. Great paddle!

(By the way this mod also worked great on my P2jr, my P4 has the magnetic return tension option and works just as I like)

Tim
NZ8J

FORMER_WN1B_BS Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2013 14:18 Send this review to a friend
What class act.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Both Jerry and the P6 are class acts. The P6 was a Christmas gift from my wife 2 years ago. I contacted Jerry on Christmas eve day and happened to catch him vacationing in Florida. He had a new P6 with him and shipped it that day. What great service and what a great guy to chat with. I agree with K6LRF's earlier post in that Jerry's products *are* like works of art. I feel the same way about mine. The finish is excellent. Adjustment and setup are simple and things stay where you put them. In my opinion, based on feel, price and performance, this has been one of the best investments I've made in ham radio. I'd buy it again without hesitation.

WB0KFC Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2013 14:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered a P6 and it was promptly delivered on schedule. It is a very nice looking key and easy to adjust. I set it to my liking about 4 weeks ago and have not touched it since. It does not move whatsoever on the desk. Everyone comments on it and even though I have many bugs and paddles, I now always use the P6. I have been sending code for 40 years and this is one of the nicest sending keys I have ever used. I would buy one again over the competition if something happened to the one I have.

K6LRF Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2013 21:49 Send this review to a friend
Quality, Beauty, Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Jerry was very responsive to my questions and the placement of my order. The P6's performance is as good as it looks. It's a piece of art....brass with rosewood paddles (WOW!). I went with the magnets for arm repulsion...much better than springs. Very smooth operation and it doesn't move when keyed.
The paddles on the P6 are larger than those on other brands and it's an added benefit. It feels great.

I like my old Kent, but I love my new P6.

K9VUJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2012 03:11 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful and heavy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This one is beyond my expectations. It is a beautiful solid brass single lever paddle. It will not slide around on the desk. If for no other reason you will want one just to look at, but that would be shameful. It is to be used, vigorously. K8RA is a real gentleman, answers questions quickly and ships fast. This is another product that is first class and MADE IN THE USA.

KT4GN Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2012 11:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Craftmanship  Time owned: more than 12 months
The P6 is by far the most smoothest single
Lever paddle I have used. The adjustments if needed are quick and simple. Jerry will answer any question , you may
have concerning his paddles. I am waiting for him to design a straight key.

K8MAZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2012 07:06 Send this review to a friend
My kind of key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've used a number of paddles over the years. Since my favorite was a Scheunemann einhebel, I do have a base of comparison and must add that this is not a "honeymoon" review.

As a 99.9% cw op., my concern is sending good code. In order to make this happen, I must feel "at home" with the key. And this is why Jerry's P6 is now my #1. It just feels good and is a joy to use. Its action is great and forgiving. I'm an old ham with typical old ham problems and need all the forgiveness I can get.

Jerry has put alot of thought and work into his keys. The craftmanship is excellent on this really good looking hunk of brass.

These days, customer service is a major issue. In this area, K8RA has a well deserved reputation. He modified my key perfectly to meet and overcome my sending quirks. Jerry is a pleasure to work with.

Yes, I still use my Scheunemann, although I don't think it liked my fist very much. Still it has weight, looks good and holds down papers very well.

K2OO Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2012 12:15 Send this review to a friend
Gorgeous!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had Jerry make the P6 with the over-sized base of the P5.(It turns out that it is exactly what Jerry did for his personal key!) It weighs in at over 7 pounds and the extra height is very comfortable. Jerry's customer service is as good as you could hope for.

NC1T Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2012 17:31 Send this review to a friend
great single lever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my paddle about a week ago. Jerry was great to deal with. The quality of key is outstanding and Jerry's customer service as they say was priceless. Highly recommend.