Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | K8RA P6 Single Lever Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for K8RA P6 Single Lever Paddle
K8RA P6 Single Lever Paddle Reviews: 29 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$160
Description: Hand made solid laquered brass single lever key. Highly adjustable, 4 lbs weight, with optional rosewood or walnut paddles. Silver contacts, precision bearings
More info: http://www.k8ra.com/

You can write your own review of the K8RA P6 Single Lever Paddle.

NQ3U Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2012 05:22 Send this review to a friend
SWEET Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Jerry was great to deal with. The key arrived promptly and was packaged very well. The key is very heavy and stays put on the desk. The build, machining, and finish quality are all top notch.
Out of the box it was set up perfectly and I did not have to make any adjustments. The feel is very light and I've been practicing with it to get used to a paddle from a Lionel J-38 straight key. And as one would expect the P6 paddle is a quantum leap. I think the J-38 is going to be relegated to a "look pretty" on the desk.

KF5OFS Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2012 05:53 Send this review to a friend
Excellent customer service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
These paddles are excellent. Heavy and well constructed. Any questions or special requests you might have are answered immediately and without hesitation. Jerry is a great guy to deal with and his workmanship goes without question. Buy one already.

W4EA Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2012 09:34 Send this review to a friend
GREAT CW KEY  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The P6 is everything that has been written about it. I was very impressed first with the package it came in, the documentation, and the professional approach that Jerry has taken with his products. I have the magnetic tension setup, it is very easy to adjust as are the other adjustments. You can easily get this fine key tailored to your style of operation. I am really enjoying using this key......Thanks Jerry.

W1CN Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2012 18:46 Send this review to a friend
Great Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Should have done this a long time ago. Decided to get my code speed up and dragged out the usual American well known iambic key. Quickly learned that I was not a ianbic kind of guy. Looked at Jerry's P6 and decided to give it a try, after all Jerry offers a 30day trial. Showed up on time, well packed and perfectly adjusted. Jerry won't be seeing this P6 anytime soon. Just a great paddle at a very attractive price and a perfect example of a master machinist's work. de W1CN

WA8PGE Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2011 16:53 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After a 20 year break in ham radio, I attempted to use an iambic paddle, a Bencher, and just couldn't get my accuracy up where it should be.

I have now used the P6 for several weeks and must say that the other reviews are right- the P6 is really expertly crafted. The paddle is nice and heavy, does not slide around, and my accuracy is steadily improving.

It is also very aesthetically pleasing and a nice addition to my ham station.

I would highly recommend this paddle.

W1CKT Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2011 14:13 Send this review to a friend
quality from start to finish  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After using an iambic for many years, I decided that the tremor in my hand was causing too high a cw error rate. After seeing the reviews for single paddle keys from K8RA, I called him and ordered one.

Boy, what a solid key! From the quality of the workmanship to the way it feels in the hand, this is by far the best key I have ever owned.

W9CLA Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2011 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Great key for old Bug users  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was interested in getting back on CW after a brief 50 year absence! I had previously used a Vibroplex bug and just couldn't (or wouldn't) make the transition to an Iambic paddle. The P6 was great because the operation is not totally unlike that of a bug. After a couple of weeks I was back to 25 WPM+. Great construction and a solid feel it doesn't move around on the desk!

It's great working new DX that I would have otherwise missed had I exclusively on SSB and RTTY.

AA2LD Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2011 18:56 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful instrument  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Jerry has produced a wonderful and solidly built key that exceeds my expectations. My Bencher and very expensive Italian model now sit on a back shelf. Many thanks for a reasonably priced product and the extras (good manual and screw driver). I love the single lever----very smooth and quiet!!

W8RMA Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2011 18:22 Send this review to a friend
FINEST I HAVE EVER USED!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been pounding brass for over 40 years and the K8RA P6 is the finest paddle I have ever used.

This is my second K8RA paddle, the first being one of Jerry's original P1's, a great iambic that continues to work as good as the first day that I got it. Even if I should never use the P1 again, it will stay on display on top of my tuner.

Both my "old" P1 and the new P6 share superb workmanship, top grade materials and the precision and reliability that you would expect to find in a finely crafted machine.

My biggest complaint with every other paddle I that have used is "table creep". The P6 weighs in at four pounds and IT WILL NOT CREEP!

It also seems that I am making fewer mistakes with the P6 than with the iambics. This single lever P6 is a joy to look at and a joy to use.

Oh, and spend the extra few bucks and get the wood paddles.

Thanks Jerry.

W6LAX Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2011 14:52 Send this review to a friend
Check this out  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am so glad I came across some glowing reviews of K8RA's keys; I was about to plop down several hundred bucks on a alluring Italian model, but as I read the specifics of the P-6 I realized it was more of what I actually wanted.

It arrived within a couple of days of my order along with a few "goodies" that Jerry includes. It is a beauty with the rosewood finger pieces I chose.

Jerry could be selling these for considerable more $$ - for him they are a labor of love, flawlessly finished in every detail. As others have said, it doesn't drift around the operating table as my old Bencher tended to do. You can set this to your operating preference and the adjustments stay put.

This is old-fashioned American craftsmanship and a joy to use.