Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Array Solutions Baluns Help

Reviews Summary for Array Solutions Baluns
Array Solutions Baluns Reviews: 41 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $85
Description: 4:1 and 1:1 high power baluns, 5 kW CCS or continuous rating, to over 10 kW
More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com

You can write your own review of the Array Solutions Baluns.

N2YXW Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2007 12:00 Send this review to a friend
Great product, Great service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am also a zerofive vertical owner. I could not be more happy with my Array Solutions AS200 tuner balun. Just open it up and look at the quality of the material and workmanship. Jay and Bob both were very helpful and speedy in answering my questions. Such personal service is such a rare find these days!

N1EJH Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2007 22:58 Send this review to a friend
kb1ljj  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm another Zero-Five Vertical owner, Tom has endorsed Array Solutions Tuner Balun AS200. Well since Tom builds the best Multi Band in the business today I didn't hesitate to follow his lead. At the time I was using another brand balun DX Eng. It worked Ok but was way too big and heavy. When I received my AS200 from Jay I thought ,You gotta be kidding! Small, light weight looked like a toy. Well I opened it up and compared it to my present balun DX Eng., NO contest Array Solutions has got it down!!! Over built with the best raw components,fit and finish outstanding. It's funny one can get cranked over such a simple devise. Kb1ljj

KB7ORD Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2007 20:31 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the AS-200-Tuner Balun based on ZeroFive's recommendations. All I can say is this, the product is bullet proof, works, and the people at Array Solutions are professionals when it comes to questions, service, and a quality built product that works beyond expectations. Other balun manufactures might as well turn their lights out and close their doors.

Thanks,

Randy - KB7ORD

K2MK Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2007 14:10 Send this review to a friend
AS50-L1 Line Isolator works very well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had some higher than normal SWR on my new SteppIR BigIR on 15 through 10 meters (2:1 at best). Verticals are very sensitive to installation conditions and perhaps my radial arrangement was a bit on the unusual side. The SteppIR engineers thought that there might be some feedback on the coax or perhaps resonant radials. They suggested two things that both worked. First they said install another ground rod near the antenna for a radial ground. I already had one ground rod and the second one did reduce the SWR a bit (to about 1.8:1). Then they suggested installing a choke balun in the feedline upstream from the antenna. I checked with Array Solutions and this is the model they recommended. I bought it and installed it in the shack and it brought the SWR down to 1.3:1.

My non-technical conclusion is that the balun is well made and does the job it is supposed to do. I got a very quick answer to my e-mail to the company from Jay.

When I need some other accessory I will check with Array Solutions to see if they have what I need.

K8CHD Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2007 16:39 Send this review to a friend
I don't have to say "take it from me"  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
New AS-200 tuner balun, new Zero-Five 43 foot vertical, new Begali camelback! Everything written here about quality, service, and performance is dead on. Each one of these products exceeded my expectations in all three categories. Array Solutions gets my "10". (As do the other two).

NC3Z Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2007 06:56 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Using the W1JR-50-3N on my Force12 9 element 6M beam and it's working great. The optional mounting plate makes a nice secure mount.

AD1Y Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2007 08:49 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased  Time owned: months
AS-200-Tuner: Well-built, heavy-duty unit recommended by Tom (ZeroFive Antennas) for his 30-160 meter 50-ft. vertical.

Not only does Jay have no qualms about opening up the unit to take a look at the components, he encourages it. His confidence is well-placed. Quality materials and quality workmanship. A great combination with the ZeroFive vertical.

With this balun, the antenna tunes easily and takes high power on 30, 40, 80, 160 with an ATR-15.

Jay is great, returning phone calls and e-mails promptly and even helping out with a non-balun-related technical issue.

Thanks Jay and everyone at Array Solutions for a fine product and excellent customer service.

KC8OKG Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2007 17:39 Send this review to a friend
Dont hesitate! Buy one.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Does what it says, works like a charm. Built like two tanks in a waterproof enclosure. Handles three times the power I could ever put into it.
Array Solutions builds the highest quality products I have ever seen. Jay and Bob have been so patient and helpful. These guys know their stuff inside and out and put forth products that will last a lifetime. It seems that whatever they sell, its top notch. Check out their website. If they offer it-its the best you can buy at a price thats more than reasonable. Thanks for reading my review. Sincerely, Greg Sarris

HB9TQB Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2007 06:41 Send this review to a friend
Great Combination  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I’ve just upgraded my antenna system from an old Hustler 6BTV for a Zero Five multiband vertical - I ordered the 4:1 balun from Array Solutions as suggested by Tom but had it delivered to Tom at Zero Five antennas so both the Antenna and the balun arrived at the same time in Switzerland in one package.

I had the antenna up within 40minutes of delivery.

Performance – for the last 2 weeks I haven’t stopped adding new DX countries with great signal reports busting through pile ups. Compared to my old 6BTV Hustler which I replaced with this Zero Five multiband vertical it’s a different world – Mongolia 5/9 on 40m, India 20m 5/9, Hawaii 5/9 20m and Guinea 5/9 17m.

The SWR on all bands is very smooth - I think the highest SWR is on 17m 1:3.0 which my Yaesu Quadra amp has no problem tuning with the sensitive internal auto-tuner – no problems running the full legal power limit…

Andrew Birch
HB9-TQB
andrew@birch.ch

N6EDV Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2007 13:42 Send this review to a friend
Super Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just installed my first Array Solutions 4:1 balun onto my 75 meter inverted V with an AT5K tuner. 15' of 213 to get the RF out of the shack and then ladder line from the balun to the antenna. Tuning has become very smooth and accurate. What an improvement! Way to go, Jay.