Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Wimo Logper Full 130-1300 Help

Reviews Summary for Wimo Logper Full 130-1300
Wimo Logper  Full 130-1300 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $115 euro
Description: Description: Description: Logperiodic antenna for 130-1300Mhz,
23el 8dbi gain.
More info: http://www.wimo.de

You can write your own review of the Wimo Logper Full 130-1300.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2017 04:16 Send this review to a friend
Updated review: usable for Satellites too!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is not a long yagi! But you can work satellies even at 1 degree above the horizon. Not being a long Yagi can be sometimes an advantage. This antenna has a much more flexible use and much much much cheaper! It has continuous coverage from 130 to 1300Mhz. Not having an extreme directivity during contest, you do not need to precisely turn the rotator at all times. It allows to work sats even when they are high in the sky and you use a normal TV ROTATOR WITHOUT ELEVATION! Signals will be less strong but, the satellite being closer, you can still work it at high elevation. When the satellites are further between 2 and 20 degree the antenna shines. Having a moderate gain similar to my vertical antenna and the polarization of the signal from a satellite is probably mixed, I thought that even a vertical antenna could eventually suffice for a satellite QSO. I could hear reasonably well several QSOs with the vertical antenna but signals were less strong than the logperiodic. I could hear the downlink of a transmitted CW note with the vertical antenna but was not as strong as the Logperiodic and was not sufficient for a SSB qso. With the Logper it is that easy to have Satellites SSB QSOs, even with the cheapest TV rotator and low power (10-15W)! At least for XW series and AO73 satellites.

The antenna has negligible SWR and only a moderate gain but it goes further one could expect. With just 10w you can make QSOs even beyond 400 miles away on VHF! In UHF is a bit harder but 300 miles can be reached. At 1296Mhz I have only sporadically tested it at receiving and could receive within 100miles.

Overall it went far beyond my expectations. 6 years ago I found a tiny three inches cut along the upper boom. I did put some epoxy glue to fix it but honestly I thought it would not have lasted. I am happy I was wrong and the antenna works better than ever!