Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | A1 Tower Service By K1TO Help

Reviews Summary for A1 Tower Service By K1TO
A1 Tower Service By K1TO Reviews: 35 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: A1 Tower Service specializes in serving the amateur radio community with the Design, Installation, Maintenance, Repair and Removal of Rohn guyed towers and a wide variety of antennas. Focused on Safety, Quality, Efficiency and Integrity.

More info: http://a1towerservice.com/

You can write your own review of the A1 Tower Service By K1TO.

KM4SEG Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2017 20:19 Send this review to a friend
Hex Beam Installation   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dan was a great resource to soundboard my ideas for this project pre-installation, and helped identify the best materials for the job. We were able to remove two antennas, and swap out the top section of a 25G and install the Hex. He was polite, professional and reasonable. It is apparent he has a passion for our hobby, and is not out to profit on his fellow hams. I would strongly recommend his services.

N4TZH Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2017 12:20 Send this review to a friend
Options  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dan came by and surveyed my tower and asked me what I wanted to accomplish. After some discussion and analysis, we agreed on an approach that saved me both time and money. Dan is concerned with what his customers want and not about padding time and his pockets.

K3LB Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2016 03:57 Send this review to a friend
5 Years, Still Perfect  Time owned: more than 12 months
5 years ago, Dan (K1TO), installed my antenna and it still works perfectly. There has been no unscheduled maintenance of any of Dan's work and that makes his modest installation charge an even better value. Thanks again, Dan. 5 years of great performance and counting. ... Larry K3LB

N4OX Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2014 15:30 Send this review to a friend
A1 Tower Service is A+++  Time owned: more than 12 months
Dan's webpage should really say: "No job, too big, or too small". The first tower job Dan did for me was to install a C3 at 40 feet. The next tower job was a little bigger. Dan took down a 200 foot rotating Rohn 55 tower with 9 monoband yagis. What is really amazing is Dan did this job without benefit of a crane and the ground crew was the tower owner and a few friends. Dan knows how to install and remove any size tower or antennas and gets it done safely. Safety is the number one priority to Dan and he plans his work and discusses it with you before he starts work. Dan did use a crane to remove a damaged Optibeam from another tower during this job as it was the safest way to do the work and not damage the antenna any more than it had already been damaged by the weather. Dan's price was reasonable and I knew exactly what my final cost would be upon completion of the work. Dan gets my highest recommendation.

K3FGO Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2014 12:20 Send this review to a friend
Top of the heap  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not only did Dan help me plan out the proper size tower for my 3 yagi stack, he was able to locate pre-owned tower sections in great shape, as well as pre-owned antennas (optibeam) that I was about to purchase new. He saved me tons of $$. His rate is very fair and he got me up and running in no time. He's the Man!

K4NA Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2014 17:07 Send this review to a friend
Top of the Line  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used Dan K1TO on three different occasions in the last few years. He is a great guy plus his tower skills are second to none. I will never consider another installer as long as Dan is available. I could say a lot more but just look at all the '5's listed in the reviews. Enough said! 73 de K4NA

KV1P Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2014 07:07 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dan came to my QTH on Saturday to take a 46 foot tower, and he is a total professional in every aspect of the job. Safety is his prime concern for everyone connected to the project. I would use Dan over and over again no doubt about that; Dan is the only one you need to call.

KF4MMF Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2014 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Tower work!  Time owned: months
Recently my Cushcraft A3s developed a trap problem which needed repair. I contacted Dan and once again he came to the rescue. He arrived promptly and rigged the antenna and within 30 minutes my antenna was on the ground for repair. I repaired the trap and up and away the beam went to to the top as quickly as it was lowered. Everything was done safely and to the highest of safety standards. Great service and very professional. Thanks Dan!

N1CC Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2013 21:03 Send this review to a friend
Super Job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After finding a 7 acre new location several services were needed. Texas tower people were priced out of sight, and difficult to work with. I went to Dan, in part because I have known Dan since 1978. Dan came out and took the old short tower and antenna down, did a site survey at my new location in July. He specified all that I needed to do to prepare and we set the date for the new installation. Dan arrived on Monday and by Wednesday the job was done. All of his advice and preparation had come true and the tower and antenna for Domestic operations is up and works perfectly. Dan will return in September 2014 to put up the "DX System" to complete the MS/M2 setup that I envisioned. His prices for the Domestic phase were less than half Texas tower competitors asked in their bids -- and I paid travel costs for Dan. He is prompt, expert in planning, fast and complete in the installation - someone you can really trust.

K3LB Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2012 13:12 Send this review to a friend
Tower Maintenance  Time owned: more than 12 months
On Monday of this week, Dan arrived promptly at my QTH to perform an annual Antenna System Maintenance Check. My Antenna System includes a 100 ft Rohn 45 tower, a 12-4W Optibeam, Prosistel Rotator, and Bury Flex coax.
Not a lot of maintenance was required because Dan did a superb job of installing the system just over a year ago; everythign still works perfectly.
After tightening a few bolts and adjusting a truss cable, Dan pronounced my Antenna System good for another year. I very much appreciate Dan's expert work, attention to detail, and his amazingly low cost. Dan stands head and shoulders above any other tower professional I have ever known.