Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | A1 Tower Service By K1TO Help

Reviews Summary for A1 Tower Service By K1TO
A1 Tower Service By K1TO Reviews: 32 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: A1 Tower Service specializes in serving the amateur radio community with the Design, Installation, Maintenance, Repair and Removal of Rohn guyed towers and a wide variety of antennas. Focused on Safety, Quality, Efficiency and Integrity.

More info: http://a1towerservice.com/

You can write your own review of the A1 Tower Service By K1TO.

K1CC Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2012 19:08 Send this review to a friend
Great job  Time owned: months
Dan took down all the monobanders on my 100 ft tower, including sidearms and rotators, which also required lowering a 20 ft mast to get to the top antenna. Every tower job has itís unique aspects and occasional glitches. Dan takes the time to think through the job before starting and comes up with a game plan which heíll share with you. He will also give you good advice about antennas and has a lot of experience as an installer and a world-class operator to back up what he says. He communicates very well about whatís going while heís on the tower, always mindful of safety. If you need someone you can trust with a lot experience and attention to detail Ė Danís the man!

N4EEB Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2012 14:05 Send this review to a friend
Perfection  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got Dan's name word-of-mouth from local hams who had heard of his reputation as a top-notch tower rat. When it came time to hire someone to take my antennas down off the tower, perform maintenance and reinstall them, I thought of Dan K1TO and A-1 Tower Service. Dan showed up on-time with the proper tools and ready to go to work. His attention to safety related maters was very impressive. Dan works very quickly. Before I knew it, the antennas were on the ground, repaired and back up in the air working and looking great. Dan is a professional, friendly and highly competent guy. You will not regret hiring him for your tower and antenna work, and I highly recommend him.

W8JXM Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2012 18:24 Send this review to a friend
HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dan did a great job. Made up two wire antennas for me and hung them from my tower. Very happy with his work and most fair price.
Dan is a real gentleman.

K1KNQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2011 07:16 Send this review to a friend
Antenna install.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Friday before SS SSB contest. New tower had no antennas on it. Dan arrived at 1:30PM and immediately went to work. By 5:30PM, he had installed a ten foot mast, 4 element tri-bander stacked with 2 element 40M, rotator and cables.
Dan did a great and efficient job. I heartily recommend his service. As a result I had a successful SS contest.

8P9KW Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2011 11:07 Send this review to a friend
Considerate and Safe Tower and Antenna Work  Time owned: months
Dan has many years of experience as an operator and station builder. He knows and understands what we need and require when it comes to towers and antennas. Dan will help you through all aspects of tower and antenna projects -- he will do it all, or select parts. For me, I needed someone I could trust completely to build and install, along with me, and thusly help me get things done with the little spare time I have. He is happiest in the air, but is just as capable on the ground.

He will always bug you to be safe too :-)

Dave, NN1N

K3LB Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2011 03:53 Send this review to a friend
Beam Installation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dan Street, K1TO, is without doubt the best antenna installer in the country. I decided about a year ago to put up a 12-element Optibeam. Dan advised me throughout the design and acquisition phases, and when I had everything on-site, he arrived promptly and did a superb job of putting the antenna on top of my 100' Rohn 45 tower.

The installation went smoothly and safely. Safety of course, is Dan's trademark. My new antenna looks great and works great.

Dan guided me through this year-long project with uncommon competence, and kept his sense of humor. Also, the cost was extremely fair. It's wonderful to get such world class quality at a reasonable cost.

If you have antenna or tower work and want a reliable partner who will produce a great finished product, call Dan. K1TO is at the top of my "go to" list for antenna work.
... Larry K3LB

KK3Q Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2011 07:16 Send this review to a friend
These Are The Pros  Time owned: months
Dan K1TO, and Terry, N4TB took down the log periodic of K4RRF who is now silent key. I watched these guys work on this installation and was truly impressed with their skill and professionalism. I've put up and taken down three of my own towers and have helped several others so I know the amount of work involved in tower work. Dan and Terry made this work at the K4RRF QTH look effortless. They used a methodical process to take the log periodic and tower down that made it look easy as pie. A1 Tower should be your first call when you need antenna/tower work. I have submitted an article to eham.net with more details about the removal of the K4RRF tower which is awaiting approval at the time of this review..

W1WEF Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2011 16:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was very happy that Dan could do my tower work during a visit to Ct. He did an excellent job, and even taught me a few things despite many years of doing my own tower work. With a back operation less than a month ago, I was not ready to climb again myself. I was impressed with Dan's use of two lanyards so that he was never without one around the tower when he met guys or other obstructions. He wore a hardhat...another safety precaution that I should emulate! He also pointed out that although I have thrust bearings, the weight of the mast and antennas should be on my rotors, not suspended by the thrust bearing! I had always kept the bottom of the mast above the rotor a bit for ease of pulling the rotor. I highly recommend A1 Tower Service for any tower and antenna work.

K4QX Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2011 18:08 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC WORK AT AFFORDABLE PRICES  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I hired Mr. Dan Street, K1TO, of A-1 Tower Service to get 3 antennas assembled, up in the air and working well. I Must say I am Impressed. Dan does Quality Work and his Prices are very fair. I highly recommend Dan to anyone who needs new antenna work, new tower work, changes in your antenna set up and repairs to existing towers, antennas and related products. Dan is one of the few men younger than me that I can truly look up to. Dan has the answers and he'll get you on the air Fast whether it's repairs or complete new installs of antennas, towers and all related equipment. Dan is a good Thinker and will come up with the Best Cost Effective Solution to your Tower and Antenna needs. You will be impressed with Dan's work because I know good work when I see it. Thank You Dan Street for your Good Works and Kindness. 73, Jeff Haught, K4QX, Largo, FL.
GOOD JOB DAN, THANK YOU KIND SIR.

K5AUP Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2011 05:15 Send this review to a friend
That extra mile of safety and planning  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a Monstir beam and 100 foot Rohn taken down in South Carolina. Dan was able to work his schedule around to fit mine and we drove to SC together from central Florida. We had a crane scheduled. Dan was able to do the job safely and used the crane efficiently so as to not have extra charges. With me as ground crew he orchestrated the job and had all on the ground in under 3 hours.

I'm in the aviation business so I especially admire Dan's methodical planning and his concern for safety. He even brought a hard hat for my 70 year old head. If you need any tower or antenna work I highly reccommend Dan.