Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | A1 Tower Service By K1TO Help

Reviews Summary for A1 Tower Service By K1TO
A1 Tower Service By K1TO Reviews: 30 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: A1 Tower Service specializes in serving the amateur radio community with the Design, Installation, Maintenance, Repair and Removal of Rohn guyed towers and a wide variety of antennas. Focused on Safety, Quality, Efficiency and Integrity.

More info: http://a1towerservice.com/

You can write your own review of the A1 Tower Service By K1TO.

W8JXM Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2012 18:24 Send this review to a friend
HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dan did a great job. Made up two wire antennas for me and hung them from my tower. Very happy with his work and most fair price.
Dan is a real gentleman.

K1KNQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2011 07:16 Send this review to a friend
Antenna install.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Friday before SS SSB contest. New tower had no antennas on it. Dan arrived at 1:30PM and immediately went to work. By 5:30PM, he had installed a ten foot mast, 4 element tri-bander stacked with 2 element 40M, rotator and cables.
Dan did a great and efficient job. I heartily recommend his service. As a result I had a successful SS contest.

8P9KW Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2011 11:07 Send this review to a friend
Considerate and Safe Tower and Antenna Work  Time owned: months
Dan has many years of experience as an operator and station builder. He knows and understands what we need and require when it comes to towers and antennas. Dan will help you through all aspects of tower and antenna projects -- he will do it all, or select parts. For me, I needed someone I could trust completely to build and install, along with me, and thusly help me get things done with the little spare time I have. He is happiest in the air, but is just as capable on the ground.

He will always bug you to be safe too :-)

Dave, NN1N

K3LB Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2011 03:53 Send this review to a friend
Beam Installation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dan Street, K1TO, is without doubt the best antenna installer in the country. I decided about a year ago to put up a 12-element Optibeam. Dan advised me throughout the design and acquisition phases, and when I had everything on-site, he arrived promptly and did a superb job of putting the antenna on top of my 100' Rohn 45 tower.

The installation went smoothly and safely. Safety of course, is Dan's trademark. My new antenna looks great and works great.

Dan guided me through this year-long project with uncommon competence, and kept his sense of humor. Also, the cost was extremely fair. It's wonderful to get such world class quality at a reasonable cost.

If you have antenna or tower work and want a reliable partner who will produce a great finished product, call Dan. K1TO is at the top of my "go to" list for antenna work.
... Larry K3LB

KK3Q Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2011 07:16 Send this review to a friend
These Are The Pros  Time owned: months
Dan K1TO, and Terry, N4TB took down the log periodic of K4RRF who is now silent key. I watched these guys work on this installation and was truly impressed with their skill and professionalism. I've put up and taken down three of my own towers and have helped several others so I know the amount of work involved in tower work. Dan and Terry made this work at the K4RRF QTH look effortless. They used a methodical process to take the log periodic and tower down that made it look easy as pie. A1 Tower should be your first call when you need antenna/tower work. I have submitted an article to eham.net with more details about the removal of the K4RRF tower which is awaiting approval at the time of this review..

W1WEF Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2011 16:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was very happy that Dan could do my tower work during a visit to Ct. He did an excellent job, and even taught me a few things despite many years of doing my own tower work. With a back operation less than a month ago, I was not ready to climb again myself. I was impressed with Dan's use of two lanyards so that he was never without one around the tower when he met guys or other obstructions. He wore a hardhat...another safety precaution that I should emulate! He also pointed out that although I have thrust bearings, the weight of the mast and antennas should be on my rotors, not suspended by the thrust bearing! I had always kept the bottom of the mast above the rotor a bit for ease of pulling the rotor. I highly recommend A1 Tower Service for any tower and antenna work.

K4QX Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2011 18:08 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC WORK AT AFFORDABLE PRICES  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I hired Mr. Dan Street, K1TO, of A-1 Tower Service to get 3 antennas assembled, up in the air and working well. I Must say I am Impressed. Dan does Quality Work and his Prices are very fair. I highly recommend Dan to anyone who needs new antenna work, new tower work, changes in your antenna set up and repairs to existing towers, antennas and related products. Dan is one of the few men younger than me that I can truly look up to. Dan has the answers and he'll get you on the air Fast whether it's repairs or complete new installs of antennas, towers and all related equipment. Dan is a good Thinker and will come up with the Best Cost Effective Solution to your Tower and Antenna needs. You will be impressed with Dan's work because I know good work when I see it. Thank You Dan Street for your Good Works and Kindness. 73, Jeff Haught, K4QX, Largo, FL.
GOOD JOB DAN, THANK YOU KIND SIR.

K5AUP Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2011 05:15 Send this review to a friend
That extra mile of safety and planning  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a Monstir beam and 100 foot Rohn taken down in South Carolina. Dan was able to work his schedule around to fit mine and we drove to SC together from central Florida. We had a crane scheduled. Dan was able to do the job safely and used the crane efficiently so as to not have extra charges. With me as ground crew he orchestrated the job and had all on the ground in under 3 hours.

I'm in the aviation business so I especially admire Dan's methodical planning and his concern for safety. He even brought a hard hat for my 70 year old head. If you need any tower or antenna work I highly reccommend Dan.

KI2G Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2011 09:12 Send this review to a friend
You will be a satisfied customer and end up with a new friend t  Time owned: months
March 22 2011

I would highly recommend the services of A1 Tower Service run by Dan K1TO for any antenna/tower projects you may have in mind.

In reading the other comments here I would also concur with the many attributes of Dan’s work. I will focus on an intangible that is very important to me.” How did I feel when the job was done”

My job was a Cubex Quad 5 band two element Project. The antenna is surrounded by trees and is a real dog to work on. Due to restrictions this my only option. Dan undertook the mission of having to drop the antenna part way disassemble and fix broken elements and untangle elements that had been damaged by the trees. We also did not know if the rotor was bad or acting poorly because of the branches. It turned out to be bad but……… Dan had brought along a replacement and we were able to swap it out there and then and not have to send it away for repairs.

The antenna uses 5 different feeds and some with matching sections making for a lot of coax on the tower and a lot of connections. I had some problems but did not know where. Using the MFJ analyzer and a VTVM we were able to check the coax and fix the troublesome areas. Everything was resealed and dressed down the tower.

When the job was done it was really done. Unlike so many times before when the contractor left there was still work for me to conclude that would have been so much better done when doing the tower work. When Dan left the job I was satisfied as a customer but I also knew everything worked and I could use it NOW! A very nice feeling.

N6TV Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2010 17:43 Send this review to a friend
Careful and perfect, easy to work with  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I hired Dan to replace all the 21-year-old coax and cables running up my 89' self-supporting crank-up tower. First I had Dan remove the old RCS-8V switchboxes and all the cables, plus the rotator cable. He had to break a rusted U-bolt to get one of the RCS-8Vs down; it was not an easy task but handled it brilliantly.

The next step required climbing up a 2.5" mast to replace the DC control wire feeding my Seco-Systems Tornado tuner on the rotary dipole, the trickiest part of the job. A mast step was installed, and Dan handled the task in very safe manner.

Dan then replaced six rusted muffler clamps on my 20m boom-to-mast plate with some new 2.5" plated U-bolts from IIX.

Finally five new coaxes went up the tower and Dan carefully created the proper rotator loop and taped everything up very carefully in a nice neat cable bundle, using high quality materials (Scotch 130C + Scotch Super 33+ or Scotch 88). The rotator loop worked perfectly the first time.

All in all, excellent work, highly recommended. He is just very easy to work with.