Reviews Categories | Lightning & Surge Protection/Supression | Storm Copper Components Grounding Bar Kit Help

Reviews Summary for Storm Copper Components Grounding Bar Kit
Storm Copper Components Grounding Bar Kit Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $19.61 ($25.99 w/ Callsign Engrav
Description: Ham Radio Grounding Kit - .125" x 2" x 5" Copper Ground Bar with 8 holes, 2 UL Recognized Standoff Insulators, 1 Stainless Steel Mounting Bracket and 4 Stainless Steel Assembly Bolts and Lock Washers.
More info: http://store.electrical-insulators-and-copper-ground-bars.com/rfgrounding.html

You can write your own review of the Storm Copper Components Grounding Bar Kit.

W5QM Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2012 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Top notch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered a larger DIY ground bar kit for the shack entrance. It was less expensive to buy the kit than to piece out the parts from other metal and insulator suppliers. I received the kit within 48 hours of ordering and there was no extra charge for shipping. It was very well packaged and the package would have outlived the delivery truck. My kit is complete, the only bolts they provide are for the bar to insulator and insulator to bracket junctions. They do not provide bolts for ground wire attachment. If I need more grounding supplies, they will be at the top of my list. Jim W5QM

W1WW Rating: 3/5 Jan 16, 2012 08:44 Send this review to a friend
Shipped incomplete!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the ground bar kit and received it promptly. But....It was short the bolts (that were to be included) necessary to attach ground wires. To make sure I was wasn't going crazy, I checked the description again on the web site, and it states that the bolts are to be included with the kit.

Long story short- after multiple attempts to receive the correct bolts (items never shipped/wrong items shipped) I just gave up because of the poor follow through by Storm. And had to purchase the bolts locally.

So to recap. The product appears to be OK. But check you order for completeness. Because it looks like the service after the sale is weak.

KC9MEU Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2010 23:08 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Storm Copper has a complete selection of grounding systems. Their products are top of the line and the quality is First Class. If you want to "Do it Right" this is the company you should use for your grounding needs.

KE5IRD Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2009 08:33 Send this review to a friend
Great Quality and Price!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After looking around for awhile for a grounding solution, I happened upon these guys. The kit they offer is perfect for my shack; they have bigger ground bus bars and various copper components for those with a more extensive setup. But the kit I ordered is pretty much plug and play - thick copper bus bar with insulators and a mounting kit. I threw in the extra $6 for my callsign to be engraved - nice touch!

Engraving is done in a 'dot matrix' style. I inked mine with a black Sharpie and wiped the excess off with isopropyl alcohol for a cleaner contrast.

Anyway, if you don't have a good common ground, I highly recommend these guys. You can get setup for < $20 and free shipping.