Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Jetstream JT82B Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JT82B
Jetstream JT82B Reviews: 1 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $$24.95
Description: Mobile dual band antenna.
2.15 db on 2m, 2.15 db on 70cm
Less than 1.5:1 VSWR
UHF or M type connector
Black in color
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com/jt82b.shtml

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JT82B.

KC0VEP Rating: 3/5 Sep 20, 2009 06:43 Send this review to a friend
its just OK  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked this up from R&L electronics, and put it on my magmount on top of my car. Adjusting the SWR was a bit of a pain. In order to adjust the SWR on 70cm I ended up pulling the top part of the whip off, which was for 2M, I was able to adjust the SWR down to 1.4:1 for 70cm. but as soon as I put the whip back in for the 2M portion, the SWR went up to 2.5:1. I was able to adjust the SWR on 2M to 1.6:1 around the repeater freqs. It actually had a lower SWR at the lower frequencies (144 vs 147), but I had the whip out as far as it would go and still make contact with the set screw. The whip needs to be about another inch longer.

I may try to pick up a whip that is slightly longer and see if I can get the swr down to where I would like. My other thought is to drill a whole in my roof and mount it directly. Not sure if that would help with the SWR or not, but if nothing else it would present a neater apperance then having a cord run down the back window and into the trunk. IF I do either I will post another review with the new results.

Overall it is OK. It seems to do a better job then my last home-brew 2 meter antenna I had on the car (also a magmount).
Final SWRS: