Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | RigExpert AA-230PRO Help

Reviews Summary for RigExpert AA-230PRO
RigExpert AA-230PRO Reviews: 17 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $650.00
Description: Powerful, laboratory grade antenna analyzer designed for testing, checking, tuning or repairing antennas and antenna feedlines in 0.3 to 230 MHz range. Main features (to name a few): Graphical SWR (Standing Wave Ratio) and impedance display, multi language user interface, memory storage and connection to a personal computer (USB port), etc... The TDR (Time Domain Reflectometer) mode is essencial for quick cable testing and cable fault location.

More info: http://www.rigexpert.com

You can write your own review of the RigExpert AA-230PRO.

W4DRH Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2013 13:21 Send this review to a friend
Must have equiptment  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very well built, will run for several hours on a charge, easy to upgrade software

WB5JHY Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2013 10:46 Send this review to a friend
Fine quality tool  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not much left to be said about this unit. I guess that's why there are not that many posts being written. It's extremely reliable and stable.
Bob at Array Solutions has been very professional and helpful. However, I just discovered that HRO is now a distributor for RigExpert analyzers now and they discount off of list price. Found out two weeks after I paid full price for the new AA- 600. That was a $75.00 loss for me. HRO also includes free shipping. Another $18.00 out of my pocket. Bob at Array Solutions wouldn't waive shipping to me even on my second purchase of an expensive analyzer. He is in Texas and I'm in Louisiana so you know the shipping wasn't that much. Not much customer appreciation there I would say. So RigExpert AA-230Pro and the AA-600 rate a solid 5.000 but Array Solutions only a 4.0

N4SRQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2012 12:58 Send this review to a friend
Great product.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This may very well be one of the best consumer priced antenna analyzer available. It is way better than the MFJ models and the ability to interface the PC and plot the SWR curves makes this guy a winner. This is more than just an antenna analyzer - it is incredibly versatile. You can do cable testing and fault location,
measure capacitance or inductance of reactive loads and then some.

NN5I Rating: 5/5 Feb 29, 2012 20:05 Send this review to a friend
Stunning excellence  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've used other antenna analyzers, but recently purchased the AA-230PRO from Array Solutions.

I'm a retired electrical engineer, and used to be an equipment designer. I've used all sorts of test equipment, from the simplest to the most ultra-sophisticated. After using the AA-230PRO for a week, I'm astonished that any others remain on the market. It's that much superior. How did I ever build antennas without it? In a week, it saved me what would have been weeks of work with any other equipment.

Highly, highly recommended; and Array Solutions shipped it almost immediately, so I had it with very little delay. These guys are pros, and give pro-level service.

KG1F Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2012 18:04 Send this review to a friend
Array Solutions - great support for RigExpert AA-230Pro  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just had such a great customer service experience with Bob W5OV at Array Solutions! I bought a RigExpert AA-230Pro about a year and a half ago, and haver been really pleased with it. See my earlier review here. Last month I took the 230Pro to my local ham club meeting for show and tell, and unfortunately damaged it by transporting it without sufficient protection.

I contacted Array Solutions, where I purchased it, to asks them to repair it. I was ready to pay - I screwed up by not protecting it. But Bob said send it in and they would see what they could do, and today I got it back, and they replaced the damaged parts and it looks as good as new. I am thrilled with the support I got. This was an expensive tool to purchase - I'm glad I bought it from Array. They are a great supplier!
BTW - I have nol personal or business interest in Array Solutiojns. I am just a happy customer.
Fred
KG1F

VE3LLL Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2011 12:39 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased after a year  Time owned: more than 12 months
After over a year and a fair bit of use I'm still pleased with this purchase. For me, user of a multi-band trapped vertical antenna, the 230PRO's best feature is it's ability to show VSWR at five different frequencies at the same time... very slick. But it does everything well.

KD0NJP Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2011 15:04 Send this review to a friend
Feature Rich and Easy to Use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
So far, I have only evaluated one antenna using this meter. A buddy of mine has a 259 and we both agree. The AA-230PRO has some great features. Sending a tone for SWR to a handheld makes triming wire antennas a snap. I will updat this after tuning a Paralle Diapole!

VE9AA Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2011 17:47 Send this review to a friend
Seems to do everything  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
OK, yes, I have only owned it a day, but must say, Yuri VE3DZ was vy FB to deal with and it was here in only a few days...even over Easter weekend.

So far I've used it on 8 different antennas, some of them large multiband ones and it is a dream to use. Have only opened the (very small) manual/leaflet a couple times. (could've been a little more descriptive at times), but this product is quite intuitive to use (more than I thought it would be).

I am sure I am going to use the SWR2air mode quite a bit. I always hated running back and forth to the shack when adjusting the air-variable caps on the bases of my 1/4WL lowband verticals. At times I had my 10 year old on a walkie-talkie reading out the SWR-meter to me-as I adjusted the antennas by hand...(@ the 5watt level of course)HI!! (he's not too keen on ham radio and didn't relish this chore)

The Multi-SWR mode is pretty cool looking. Beats fiddlng with the semi-broken band switch on my aging MFJ-259(non B model).

I have a lot to learn about this unit, and YES, the price really did hurt somewhat. I could buy a nice xcvr for the $$, but I hope to get a lot of years use out of it.

(slight)Cons noticed so far: Would've liked the SWR2Air mode beeps to be a little quicker as (remote)tuning is done. It seems too slow. Would've liked it to be a little quicker on the response time (less lag). Tuning will have to be done very slowly I think.

Other than those 2 minor issues, I don't have anything bad to say about it or the service after only 1 hours+ use.

DL1AIW Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2010 01:43 Send this review to a friend
Greatest Analyzer  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Everything has been written about this fabulous tool for antenna and cable measuring. It does everything needed in the shack or during fieldday. It measures exactly impedance, SWR, cable lenght, identifies cable faults, shows the results also on a graphical display, can send the data for further investigation to PC, is 100% portable and not too expensive. Nothing else is needed to bring any antenna-system to work. Would give it a number higher than 5 if possible.

VK6NU Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2010 22:24 Send this review to a friend
Great piece of gear  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Finally decided to spend big and buy the AA-230PRO and I'm really pleased I did. Just back from setting up a portable station for the Oceanic DX Contest for our Club Station VK6NC. All antennas were erected for the contest and the AA-230PRO was fantastic, so easy to use and you get the info you require very fast. We had a lot of fun tuning our 160/80 inverted V at 80 feet but the 230PRO made it easy. Also checking our tri-bander was quick and easy. If you don't feel like spending big on the AA-230PRO, I see there are now a couple of new cheaper models coming. Even the AA-230PRO is such good value. Its very rugged and has really good battery life also, no AA batteries here, a nice rechargeable one . I've only just touched the surface with it and look forward to trying out all the other features in the coming months.

Go on buy one, you will be glad you did.

John VK6NU