Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Efactor Dual-Band Antenna 144/432 Mhz Help

Reviews Summary for Efactor Dual-Band Antenna 144/432 Mhz
Efactor Dual-Band Antenna 144/432 Mhz Reviews: 8 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: The EfactorAntenna is a dual-band antenna designed for the 144/432 SSB portions of the band. It is a horizontally polarized antenna,with a omni-directional pattern that has a gain of 1.5 DBD on 144 MHz and 3.2 DBD gain on 432 MHz. It is made of high quality materials, all aluminum and stainless. It is weatherproof so operating in rain, sleet or snow is possible. The Efactor has only one feed line, perfect for the Icom 706 series and the Yaesu 857 & 897 radios. Its sleek design makes it perfect for apartment dwellers, condo’s or restricted area's. Check out the reviews on the Efactorantennas website.
More info: http://efactorantennas.com

You can write your own review of the Efactor Dual-Band Antenna 144/432 Mhz.

ND1V Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2017 11:56 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I live in SW Virginia (FM16), and have been on V/UHF for a while. This antenna works great.

Conditions are everythng, but when I can work Massechusetts From SEVA on 432 using 5 watts from a FT-817ND, the antenna is doing something right!

It was at about 37' until a storm took the pole down. I'm putting up the phased set in the coming months.

SA3AYF Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2012 07:16 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this antenna at fielddays, on portable ops, on the roof and in just about any conditions imaginable and it allways performs like a true champion !

Only once has the connector loosened from the soldering (this detail could be made much sturdier) but that was an easy fix.

That would have rendered a 4 on the rating, but the performance is so good it outweighs that small debacle.

Great antenna, no competition !

W9WY Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2011 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna BUT  Time owned: more than 12 months
Needs to be made of heavier stock. Direct lightning hit vaporized it! (That was humor).

Actually the antenna worked great for 3 years or so until just recently when it, along with a few others suffered a direct lightning hit. I liked it so well I am going to try again. Maybe I will be luckier this time.

KC2GUY Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2011 12:44 Send this review to a friend
Great Performer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Found the efactor 144/440 antenna on the web, and read the reviews...ordered one to work repeaters and satellite. So far, it works amazingly well.
I get full output on my yeasu 350ar as a base station, and SWR's are under 1.5 on both bands. Great reports on all repeaters. AND, the XYL doesn't mind it up on a pole at all !

I am very pleased with it. Works for me. I give it 5 stars as a base VHF/UHF. Amazing for its size.

KC2PLJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2010 06:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I recently purchased another E-factor dual band horizontal antenna. This antenna is great for Rover or fixed portable use when space is at a premium. It's nice being able to run one feed line from your FT-857D or Icom 706 MKIIG and get on 2/70cm SSB. Try one out and get on the the higher bands on sideband.

KB9YNJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2009 21:31 Send this review to a friend
Great little antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months

Wanting to get on 2 meter sideband and needing a horizontally polarized antenna, I found the E factor 144/432 solid aluminum horizontal loop online at a very reasonable price. It arrived well packaged in a couple of days. Installing it on a steel tv mast at 25 feet was a simple 20 minute job. SWR on 144.200 was just under 1:2:1.

My first contact was at a distance of 250 miles from my station 16 miles NE of Louisville, KY to just South of Chicago in NW Indiana. I got a Q 5 signal report running only 60 watts! Later during the day, I was able to make a few more contacts within a 60 to 70 mile radius and got good signal reports all around with good clear reception! Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

With limited space due to other antennas and a rotator being out of the question, this little E factor dual bander is perfect for my needs. I would recommend this great little antenna to anyone looking for a quality product that works right out of the box. No gamma match or assembly needed! It even came weather proofed and during a rain shower today, there was no change in swr or signal!

Great quality and performance and smart design makes it a winner in my book. ( KB9YNJ)

N2NEH Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2009 09:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my first e-factor dual band antenna about a year ago. It seemed that it would be an easy way to get on 2M/70CM SSB/CW... boy, was it. It was tuned up right out of the box and I put it to work. This antenna is built like a tank and functions just like the literature said it would.
I made a permanent mount for the dual band e-factor on my roof and have fed it a diet of LMR-400 coax. I can reliably get out to 50-75 miles on both bands. I even got in to Philadelphia (I live near Albany,NY) with it once on 2M using just 50 watts.
My first dual band impressed me so much, I have since purchased a second one for portable ops.
Bottom line: If you want 2M/70CM SSB-CW capability...buy this antenna now!

KB0VSL Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2009 16:08 Send this review to a friend
Superb Performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased my first Efactor Dual Band antenna 12 months ago. Mounted on my mountain bike for rides along the river park here where I live. VHF/UHF SSB is my joy so I don't like missing any chance for long distance DX. I've had 340 miles contacts running 35 watts on 2m SSB and 180 miles contacts on 432 MHz on 20 watts. Very Low VSWR, simple design and construction and very affordable. You can't beat the performance for talking across town or to a good station with a yagi across state. The perfect low profile omini directional antenna for home, attic, car or portable use. A great match with radios like the IC- 706 series, IC-7000 and Yaesu's 857/897. The best part is you can work both bands with a single feedline. I have since purchased 2 more antennas, one as a gift and the other for a back-up should something happen to my first one. David ships quick and your antennas arrive well packaged and ready to mount. Coming back from the Sept 2009 VHF contest, we worked Bob/K2DRH from the mobile in EM27 with 170 watts. A distance of over 400 miles. The antenna can hear them as well as be heard. We also worked Dana/W0BOV (Using an E-Factor) from the contest location on Rich Mt in EM24 Arkansas. You can hear his signal on 50 watts at over 350 miles here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VxTN_hGE2Q