Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa) Help

Reviews Summary for Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa)
Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa) Reviews: 39 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $35 per hour +parts
Description: Most makes and models. Fast turn-around. Well stocked with original equipment replacement parts.
More info: http://www.hamradiorepairfix.com

You can write your own review of the Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa).

KA1WPD Rating: 1/5 Jul 7, 2014 15:11 Send this review to a friend
over 6 months to find that radio was not repairable  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Update repair emails on radios sent from Lee are few and far between. I sent my radio for repair in December 2013 and I just received it back in June 2014, with an email that says that unit cannot be repaired...

Sorry Lee but your repair firm is off my list. Not good...

$50.00 wasted on shipping to and from.

WO4K Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2014 19:28 Send this review to a friend
Great service at a reasonable price.  Time owned: months
My trusty FT-1500 quit transmitting so I sent it up to Lee for repair. Got it back a few weeks later, working as-new. Lee's work is excellent and reasonable. He has a great reputation among our local hams in SW Florida, and it is well-deserved. Just be patient, as he's getting a lot of business these days. It may take a while to get your radio to the head of the line, but the wait is worth it.

NW0LF Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2014 19:54 Send this review to a friend
Finest Kind!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I talked to Lee about a Kenwood TS-940 that i managed to lock into transmit mode via the send button w/o an antenna attached( don't ask). I was sure the radio was finished. It did take some money and a bunch of time, but the radio functions as new. I live in the Daytona Beach area so I drove it out there and picked it up. I found Lee to be professional, courteous and friendly. I hope to never have to deal with him again, but will, without question, if necessary.

AI4DD Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2014 14:03 Send this review to a friend
Great Job  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just received my IC-746PRO back, I bought it in 2002. Ed had it for less that two weeks. I had blown the drivers out because of my own fault, but now It works great, just like new. I am very pleased with Ed and his willingness to share his knowledge me. Oh!, the cost, very reasonable.

KG3Z Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2014 10:02 Send this review to a friend
ANOTHER fine job  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having degenerated to an appliance operator over the last 50 years, I successfully created my own D-104 problem. I sent a message to Lee and within a few hours received the response "I can do that". Sent it off and in a week it was on the way back, BEFORE I sent the payment. A man of few words, but words you can depend on. Well done, thank you, Lee.

K7RDX Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2014 18:55 Send this review to a friend
A+++ highly recommended  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my TS-950S to Lee after a local tech nearly destroyed the PLL and he restored this radio to like new condition.Very reasonable and knowledgable repair from a guy who cares!Thanks Lee! Jim,K7RDX..

KA7NIQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2014 08:21 Send this review to a friend
Keeps The Costs Down!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I took my FT 1000 to Lee for repair, and it was found to have a bad RF Board. Lee advised me to find a used replacement board vs him spending countless hours repairing the bad one. He save me a lot of money. My FT 1000 was returned to me working great. So, I decided to take my Kenwood TS 850 to him. The Kenwood 850's have a well known issue of leaking capacitors, and Lee opened the radio up right in front of me. It turned out the Caps had already started leaking. Lee was able to repair the circuit board, again saving me tons of money!

KD4UWD Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2013 15:47 Send this review to a friend
Fixing My Icom-730's  Time owned: more than 12 months
Lee is a very knowledgeable Tech, he brought back to life 2 Icom-730's that I still have at a very fair price.

K5BAK Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2013 17:43 Send this review to a friend
TS-940 with several isues  Time owned: more than 12 months
Talked with lee about what I had and what I wanted, even wrote a list. Lee explained to me some of the problems that he encounterd with the 940 and some things that would improve them. I sent it to him to take a look and he found the obvious ones and some others. These rigs are getting old and parts are starting to be hard to find. But the rig is back home in as good shape, no I think in better shape maybe than new. Unbelievable might be a good discription of its operation qualities. Thanks Lee

W2EJG Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2013 04:38 Send this review to a friend
Good experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hard to find honesty and integrity today, but Lee has both.
Sent my problem 8800 to him and after exhaustive testing, the usual problem: my error.
He keeps in touch and very reasonable rates.