Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa) Help

Reviews Summary for Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa)
Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa) Reviews: 43 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $35 per hour +parts
Description: Most makes and models. Fast turn-around. Well stocked with original equipment replacement parts.
More info: http://www.hamradiorepairfix.com

You can write your own review of the Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa).

NR1FD Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2015 14:34 Send this review to a friend
Highly Recommended -Very Pleased - Super Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
NR1FD Bill

Highly Recommended - Very Pleased Super Service

Bing in Florida in winter month's , I keep my FT897 rig in Florida. Janurary I notice when I hook up my rig , I was only delivering half the power with NO ALC reading. Looking at E-Ham.net reviews Teck Specialists was only 40 mile south . So I gave Lee a call and Lee told me bring it to his shop, Few week latter Lee gave me a call,explain what the proplem and part needed and I gave the OK to repair, The Next day went to pick-up my 897, Lee told me what the IF staged was the problem , he replace the bad diode's, and also explain how to pervent it to happen aging,
I Got back to my ham shack from Lee shop and hook up my rig and started made contact with good receaving report's (QTH from Springhill FL)
Thank's to Lee and also SPECIAL Thank's to Staci (his wife)for taking my phone call's

(PS)I have a FT767gx that need TLC and I know Lee can help When I return to FL

W5CIA Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2014 12:20 Send this review to a friend
A++++ Finally someone you can trust  Time owned: months
Technical Specialists, LLC is the best around and economical. Lee is able to repair what others condemn as unrepairable i.e. Kenwood, Icom and Ten Tec repair centers. Been to those and won't waste my time or money any more on the manufacturers.

Technical Specialist offers free estimate, yes free!
Due to his ability, he is in high demand and usually has a backlog however if you want it fixed right, Lee is the guy. He is both professional at the bench and in communication. A lot more than I can say about the other independents that have no customer service skills.

After sending many rigs to him, I am more that happy and will continue to send the "unrepairables" to have them come back to life.
Steve
W5CIA

WY4J Rating: 0/5 Nov 6, 2014 16:29 Send this review to a friend
Not a good experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
Gave this company a couple of rigs. The first ones were a set of Kenwood Twins. After about a month I was told that they were perfect now. Paid them their $200 and picked them up personally. Decided that these were not for me I never even turned them on. Sold them to another old time Florida ham who told me that the transmitter had been butchered real bad. He sent it out for repairs and had to dish out $400 to get the transmitter back to the original configuration. I had also sent in my 32 year old Kenwood TS-830 that I had purchased new in 1981. the original tubes were a little tired and the hv capacitors needed to be replaced. After a few months I finally lost my patience and asked for the rig back. They replaced the hv capacitors but they had no 4186's on hand and it would take a couple of weeks to get them. Now, I have two complete spare sets of of hybrid tubes in my tool box and I do not make my living repairing hybrid radios. The return via USPS was a total comedy of errors. Just to make a long story short, under no condition will I ever recommend or do business with this company ever again.

WB1DXD Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2014 08:00 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommended, Great Job Lee!!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had bought a Yaesu FT 102 and it needed to be repaired. I had called /emailed Lee about the radio, so I had sent the radio down to him and he repaired several problems. Great job again Lee!

KA1WPD Rating: 1/5 Jul 7, 2014 15:11 Send this review to a friend
over 6 months to find that radio was not repairable  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Update repair emails on radios sent from Lee are few and far between. I sent my radio for repair in December 2013 and I just received it back in June 2014, with an email that says that unit cannot be repaired...

Sorry Lee but your repair firm is off my list. Not good...

$50.00 wasted on shipping to and from.

WO4K Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2014 19:28 Send this review to a friend
Great service at a reasonable price.  Time owned: months
My trusty FT-1500 quit transmitting so I sent it up to Lee for repair. Got it back a few weeks later, working as-new. Lee's work is excellent and reasonable. He has a great reputation among our local hams in SW Florida, and it is well-deserved. Just be patient, as he's getting a lot of business these days. It may take a while to get your radio to the head of the line, but the wait is worth it.

NW0LF Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2014 19:54 Send this review to a friend
Finest Kind!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I talked to Lee about a Kenwood TS-940 that i managed to lock into transmit mode via the send button w/o an antenna attached( don't ask). I was sure the radio was finished. It did take some money and a bunch of time, but the radio functions as new. I live in the Daytona Beach area so I drove it out there and picked it up. I found Lee to be professional, courteous and friendly. I hope to never have to deal with him again, but will, without question, if necessary.

AI4DD Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2014 14:03 Send this review to a friend
Great Job  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just received my IC-746PRO back, I bought it in 2002. Ed had it for less that two weeks. I had blown the drivers out because of my own fault, but now It works great, just like new. I am very pleased with Ed and his willingness to share his knowledge me. Oh!, the cost, very reasonable.

KG3Z Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2014 10:02 Send this review to a friend
ANOTHER fine job  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having degenerated to an appliance operator over the last 50 years, I successfully created my own D-104 problem. I sent a message to Lee and within a few hours received the response "I can do that". Sent it off and in a week it was on the way back, BEFORE I sent the payment. A man of few words, but words you can depend on. Well done, thank you, Lee.

K7RDX Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2014 18:55 Send this review to a friend
A+++ highly recommended  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my TS-950S to Lee after a local tech nearly destroyed the PLL and he restored this radio to like new condition.Very reasonable and knowledgable repair from a guy who cares!Thanks Lee! Jim,K7RDX..