Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa) Help

Reviews Summary for Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa)
Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa) Reviews: 30 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $35 per hour +parts
Description: Most makes and models. Fast turn-around. Well stocked with original equipment replacement parts.
More info: http://www.hamradiorepairfix.com

You can write your own review of the Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa).

W2EJG Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2013 04:38 Send this review to a friend
Good experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hard to find honesty and integrity today, but Lee has both.
Sent my problem 8800 to him and after exhaustive testing, the usual problem: my error.
He keeps in touch and very reasonable rates.

W4LWZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2013 15:14 Send this review to a friend
First Rate Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The CI-V port on my Icom IC-7800 quit on me. I took the rig to Lee at Technical Specialists in Tampa. I felt a lot better taking the rig to a local service center rather than packing it up and shipping it. There is always the risk of damage in shipping and the cost to ship a piece of heavy equipment across the country.
Lee was very professional and he diagnosed the problem the week after I dropped it off. He ordered the necessary parts and installed them the day after he received them. I picked up the completed rig and set it up in the shack. It works perfectly and I now can use Ham Radio Deluxe.
I highly recommend Technical Specialists for any radio service work

K7KY Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2013 19:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service  Time owned: more than 12 months
An off shore electrical storm damaged two Yaesu FT-857D's. Both were stuck in CW/TX. I sent both radios to Yaesu repair in LA,CA. Both radio had damaged main boards, but Yaesu would only repair one. The other radio was first sold in Hong Kong, unbeknownst to me, and they suggested I ship it to their repair facility in Hong Kong, an $80 one way shipping fee. Yaesu replaced the mainboard in the US radio for $182 including return shipping.

Next, I sent the alien radio to a midwestern Amateur repair shop that thought they could fix it, but Yaesu wants $580 for the main board to outside shops, so the radio returned home again still broken. I put it on the shelf and ran a eHam classified looking for a main board from another broken 857. A few months later I found the Technical Specialists review @ eHam. I contacted Lee and sent him the radio. He found that some circuit traces beneath the microprocessor were zapped and he removed the chip and repaired the traces. I don't think there are very many bench technicians capable or willing to repair fine PC circuitry today.

Lee did an outstanding job and saved my radio at reasonable cost. I can recommend him very highly. He's not only competent, but personable and user friendly. I rate Lee 5.0 for outstanding service. Thanks again Lee!

W7EJT Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2013 08:12 Send this review to a friend
GREAT!!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Lee brought my Yaesu FT-890 back from the dead! Bubba had previously been inside the unit so Lee had quite a challenge. Also, a previous attempt by another "repair service" made it worse before I sent it to Lee.

VERY highly recommended!!!!!!!!!

Alan, W7EJT
Myrtle Beach, SC

KC5MNA Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2013 07:48 Send this review to a friend
TS-940 No Power/No Fan  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my TS-940 to Lee at Technical Specialists due to no power on. Lee was great to deal with. Lee fixed a lot of bad solder joints which were common on the 940s. He repaired my power supply. He soldered in the new diodes and resitors. Also did the fan mod and best of all IT Works like new or better again. I highly recommened Technical Specialists.

KD5TCW Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2013 07:04 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased Again  Time owned: more than 12 months
After lee did such a great job on the first one - I decided to give him a try on my other 2 Kenwoods which had also been condemned by the fore mentioned tech in GA. I had been told that one had a bad Eeprom and the other had so many problems they were too much to be worth it. Got them both back from Lee after 3 weeks with a very reasonable price and working perfectly. he changed some leaky caps in both and some bad solder in the 690 as well. They are perfect. Now, the s-meters read like my other radios (Icoms). They never did show the same as my Icom or Yaesu. He'll get all my business.

W4FJS Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2012 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Aways does me right  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have been using Lee for a very long time and has always come thru for me and my shop. I send everybody that I know needing work done to him and have done so for about 20 plus years. Always stands behind and in front of his work. Lee is a very good friend to me and many many more operators that I know. His prices are more then fair. Thanks Lee for all your help in the past

KG3Z Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2012 07:22 Send this review to a friend
Super Service, Great Prices, Fast turnaround  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When my FT-920 (I'm the 3rd. owner) just stopped transmitting for no apparent reason, I contacted shops in Ga. and Fla. From exorbitantly high prices, to being told the 920 had lousy signal processing and wasn't worth repairing I was ready to stuff it in the attic. THEN I found LEE. One email and a phone call later the 920 was on its way to Tampa. Lee let me know that the rig arrived ok, and within a week he had a verbal estimate and description of what he saw. The repairs were completed his estimate held, THE COST WAS MORE THAN FAIR and I have what I consider a new FT-920 thanks to LEE's honesty and integrity. Not to mention he warrants his work for 3 months! Without any reservation I recommend LEE. AND This entire process took only two weeks!

WB1DXD Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2012 20:56 Send this review to a friend
Service is the very best I have experienced !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had sent my Yaesu FT 102 to Lee back in 2009 for repair. I liked the way he explained to me about what he had found was the problem and what the next step was to complete the repair.I recently encountered a problem with the Yaesu FT 102 (29 years old) again. I had called Lee up on the phone/emailed him to give the information on what problem I was having. Lee was very glad to repair the radio for me again and with his experience and the price was right in line with my budget. I would recommend Lee to anyone looking for there radio to be repaired.
Jim WB1DXD

KD5TCW Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2012 09:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Work- Great price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my TS-450S to Georgia (not saying any names)for repair after a storm took it out. The estimate was $350.00, with a $125 minimum. Didn't want to give up on this baby so I paid the bench fee and sent it to Lee. He doesn't charge for the estimate. Nothing to lose, right? 3 weeks later got it back. It was perfect! Maybe even better than before the storm, he even straightened out a few bugs I had been dealing with on the meter readings. And the price? Less than half of what the other guys quoted. They make some good money just giving quotes. Lee done some changes (pin diodes and a transistor) in the RX and made the receive even better than ever. Recommend him? YES Use him again? Always