Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa) Help

Reviews Summary for Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa)
Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa) Reviews: 36 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $35 per hour +parts
Description: Most makes and models. Fast turn-around. Well stocked with original equipment replacement parts.
More info: http://www.hamradiorepairfix.com

You can write your own review of the Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa).

AI4DD Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2014 14:03 Send this review to a friend
Great Job  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just received my IC-746PRO back, I bought it in 2002. Ed had it for less that two weeks. I had blown the drivers out because of my own fault, but now It works great, just like new. I am very pleased with Ed and his willingness to share his knowledge me. Oh!, the cost, very reasonable.

KG3Z Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2014 10:02 Send this review to a friend
ANOTHER fine job  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having degenerated to an appliance operator over the last 50 years, I successfully created my own D-104 problem. I sent a message to Lee and within a few hours received the response "I can do that". Sent it off and in a week it was on the way back, BEFORE I sent the payment. A man of few words, but words you can depend on. Well done, thank you, Lee.

K7RDX Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2014 18:55 Send this review to a friend
A+++ highly recommended  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my TS-950S to Lee after a local tech nearly destroyed the PLL and he restored this radio to like new condition.Very reasonable and knowledgable repair from a guy who cares!Thanks Lee! Jim,K7RDX..

KA7NIQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2014 08:21 Send this review to a friend
Keeps The Costs Down!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I took my FT 1000 to Lee for repair, and it was found to have a bad RF Board. Lee advised me to find a used replacement board vs him spending countless hours repairing the bad one. He save me a lot of money. My FT 1000 was returned to me working great. So, I decided to take my Kenwood TS 850 to him. The Kenwood 850's have a well known issue of leaking capacitors, and Lee opened the radio up right in front of me. It turned out the Caps had already started leaking. Lee was able to repair the circuit board, again saving me tons of money!

KD4UWD Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2013 15:47 Send this review to a friend
Fixing My Icom-730's  Time owned: more than 12 months
Lee is a very knowledgeable Tech, he brought back to life 2 Icom-730's that I still have at a very fair price.

K5BAK Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2013 17:43 Send this review to a friend
TS-940 with several isues  Time owned: more than 12 months
Talked with lee about what I had and what I wanted, even wrote a list. Lee explained to me some of the problems that he encounterd with the 940 and some things that would improve them. I sent it to him to take a look and he found the obvious ones and some others. These rigs are getting old and parts are starting to be hard to find. But the rig is back home in as good shape, no I think in better shape maybe than new. Unbelievable might be a good discription of its operation qualities. Thanks Lee

W2EJG Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2013 04:38 Send this review to a friend
Good experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hard to find honesty and integrity today, but Lee has both.
Sent my problem 8800 to him and after exhaustive testing, the usual problem: my error.
He keeps in touch and very reasonable rates.

W4LWZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2013 15:14 Send this review to a friend
First Rate Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The CI-V port on my Icom IC-7800 quit on me. I took the rig to Lee at Technical Specialists in Tampa. I felt a lot better taking the rig to a local service center rather than packing it up and shipping it. There is always the risk of damage in shipping and the cost to ship a piece of heavy equipment across the country.
Lee was very professional and he diagnosed the problem the week after I dropped it off. He ordered the necessary parts and installed them the day after he received them. I picked up the completed rig and set it up in the shack. It works perfectly and I now can use Ham Radio Deluxe.
I highly recommend Technical Specialists for any radio service work

K7KY Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2013 19:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service  Time owned: more than 12 months
An off shore electrical storm damaged two Yaesu FT-857D's. Both were stuck in CW/TX. I sent both radios to Yaesu repair in LA,CA. Both radio had damaged main boards, but Yaesu would only repair one. The other radio was first sold in Hong Kong, unbeknownst to me, and they suggested I ship it to their repair facility in Hong Kong, an $80 one way shipping fee. Yaesu replaced the mainboard in the US radio for $182 including return shipping.

Next, I sent the alien radio to a midwestern Amateur repair shop that thought they could fix it, but Yaesu wants $580 for the main board to outside shops, so the radio returned home again still broken. I put it on the shelf and ran a eHam classified looking for a main board from another broken 857. A few months later I found the Technical Specialists review @ eHam. I contacted Lee and sent him the radio. He found that some circuit traces beneath the microprocessor were zapped and he removed the chip and repaired the traces. I don't think there are very many bench technicians capable or willing to repair fine PC circuitry today.

Lee did an outstanding job and saved my radio at reasonable cost. I can recommend him very highly. He's not only competent, but personable and user friendly. I rate Lee 5.0 for outstanding service. Thanks again Lee!

W4FBI Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2013 08:12 Send this review to a friend
GREAT!!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Lee brought my Yaesu FT-890 back from the dead! Bubba had previously been inside the unit so Lee had quite a challenge. Also, a previous attempt by another "repair service" made it worse before I sent it to Lee.

VERY highly recommended!!!!!!!!!