Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | T-Comm Help

Reviews Summary for T-Comm
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: A full service repair center for all your communications needs. "Results not Excuses"

T-Comm
7918 Rattler Lane
Mission Tx 78572

phone 956-259-8266
E-mail: sales@tcommtx.com
More info: http://www.tcommtx.com/

You can write your own review of the T-Comm.

KC5WBG Rating: 4/5 May 15, 2013 08:48 Send this review to a friend
Great Job  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned and Ameritron AL 500 mobile HF amp for 13 years. Something happened to it not sure what caused it to fail. I had this amp looked at by several entities. After I had expensive finals changed out, I could never get the 600 watts out of it like I used to. Long story short I spoke with the TCOMM Tech at length and explained my situation to him. He was very knowledgeable and courteous. I sent the amp to TCOMM with the understanding that it may be time consuming to fix. However,The Tech Fixed the amp faster than I expected and found the issue that no one else had found. He replaced the output combiner Capacitors that were out of value. It was a cheap and easy fix that NO ONE else found. My amp is now back to Full Power working like new. Thanks TCOMM.

WB9YCJ Rating: 2/5 Nov 8, 2009 14:42 Send this review to a friend
You Decide  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am being fair in my review.
They received my radio in need of service on august 18, 2009
I told them I was in "no hurry" - they took me literally.

During the next two months most of my phone calls and eMails went unanswered.
I remembered telling them I was in no hurry, so I cut them some slack.
Seems the tech gets called away to other cities in Texas for commercial jobs.
I get the impression Ham repair may be a sideline.
Then, on October 26th, 2009 I got an eMail from them.

Direct quote:
"Hey Ken,
The tech can't seem to duplicate the problem with the radio, so we will be sending it back to you this week at no charge to you. We applogize for the delay."

Three days later, on October 29th, the tech left me a voice mail message saying they made a mistake. Earlier, they had placed my radio's repair tag on another radio. The radio they said they couldnt find my problem on, was actually another hams radio.
In the phone message, he mentioned something about finals being removed - my heart dropped as I knew my my radio did not need finals or transmitter work. Would my radio have the same personality when I got it back?

I was reminded of those patient surgery mix-ups.

After T-Comm discovered the mix-up, the tech indeed fixed my radio's problem. As a kind gesture he (the tech) told the billing department to charge half price on labor. After two months, a mix-up and anxiety challenge, I was happy I would soon get my radio back...

A few days later, I arrived home to see an interesting box sitting on my porch. This box was about half the size I was expecting.
I opened the box to find my radio not wrapped in plastic preventing smaller packing peanut particles from migrating well into the caverns of my radio.

My heart dropped again, when I realized the AF gain/squelch concentric pot had been damaged. More sufficient packing methods such as placing "bubble wrap" in front of the radio or totally around it would have been prevention.
T-Comm (rep) told me to talk to the shipping carrier.
Considering the way the radio was packed, and after years of packing and shipping electronics myself, I do NOT hold the carrier responsible for this.

Recently, I phoned the popular "Land Air Communication" repair service on the east coast to send in a radio, I told him I would tripple box the radio for shipment, he said NO - quad box it. I tried to "twist his arm", but still "no". I shipped it quad boxed. He returned it quad boxed.