Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | GenesisRadio Genesis G3020 Help

Reviews Summary for GenesisRadio Genesis G3020
GenesisRadio  Genesis G3020 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $159
Description: All mode 30m + 20m duoband SDR (Software Defined Radio) transceiver kit.

G3020 comprises of 440 classic through-hole components that build into a serious performing 5W QRP 30m+20m dual band transceiver. Professionally manufactured PCB.
Designed for advanced kit builders looking for performance and value for money. Yahoo gorup support.

Ideal for DIGI modes, WSPR, PSK and CW/SSB.
More info: http://GenesisRadio.com.au/G3020

You can write your own review of the GenesisRadio Genesis G3020.

W5LL Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2010 12:47 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME Kit!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a intermediate SDR kit. Don't let the fact that it contains all thru hole components fool ya. This is a complex kit that isn't for beginners. But if you take things slow and do it right you'll have one heck of a SDR in the end. Getting SSB transmit going was a bit tricky but with the help of the Genesis Yahoo group I was able to get it up and running. My one and only complaint is that Genesis doesn't offer a enclosure for the radio.

N2BHA Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2010 16:56 Send this review to a friend
Thrilled!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been thrilled with the G3020 from start to finish. I had a great time building it and now I am having a fantastic time using it. I have gotten very nice reports on the air and it has generated a lot of curiosity. One fellow from Ireland told me that our QSO likely was going to cost him some money. While the kit is not designed for beginning kit builders it is very manageable if you have a few kits under your belt. In addition to the very supportive folks at Genesis, you can draw on a wealth of knowledge and experience by signing up for the GenesisRadio Yahoo Group. It was a very rare occurrence to post a question without getting a number of responses very rapidly (in some cases within an hour!). I have been interested in SDR for a while now and I am very happy that I selected this rig to break into this relatively new and exciting aspect of our hobby.

LA2MOA Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2009 15:41 Send this review to a friend
An excellent piece of equipment!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Do you have a computer with a capable processor, at least 1 GB RAM and a good sound card? Do you have better than average/intermediate soldering skills, as well as the ability to understand what the SDR-concept really is about? Are you able to solve solve some technical problems just by using your own logical thinking, as well as with some assistance from a group of other SDR-addicts? Well, then this is the rig, or should I say, the kit for you. Properly built and properly aligned, this little baby runs in "figure eights" around any transceiver/receiver I've ever used during my 19 years as a radio amateur. That includes the FT-902DM, FT-102, FT-107, the Elecraft K2, TS-850, TS-830 and a number of other rigs. No, I'm in no way affiliated with Genesis Radio, I'm just one happy owner (and builder) of this little gem! It's truly amazing!

I just can't wait until the 160-6 meter G59 SDR transceiver is released to the general public...

Well done, Genesis!

WJ2V Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2009 07:49 Send this review to a friend
Cutting Edge SDR  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a complex kit with a lot of parts, and a lot of work. For your efforts, if you build slowly and carefully, you will have a working, QRP transceiver that can operate in all modes with excellent abilities. It is not for unassisted beginners, I would say. It is an SDR radio, and you have to have a fast computer with a good sound card, as this kit provides the hardware to allow your computer to function as a high level Software Defined Radio. The Genesis 3020 is not a stand-alone transciever, but a very nicely designed backbone, so you can run high end (free) SDR software on your computer. With the Genesis 3020 I have made contacts worldwide with this rig, and have have a ball using digital modes as well, such as WSPR and PSK31. I found that a fan was required for digital modes and slightly reduced power, but that's par for the course. SSB/CW out is around 5-6 watts. See their website for details, and also check out the Yahoo Group: GenesisRadio. Online support is very good, and the owners are there online in the group to assist. WJ2V