Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | HA1YA ME1200-H Amplifier Help

Reviews Summary for HA1YA ME1200-H Amplifier
HA1YA ME1200-H Amplifier Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: GS31b-based HF Amplifier, 1400W PEP output power (1000W continuous carrier), 1.8-29.7MHz WARC included

You can write your own review of the HA1YA ME1200-H Amplifier.

DL7AT Rating: 3/5 Jan 1, 2015 16:02 Send this review to a friend
ME1200-H  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently receivd my ME1200-H from M+E in Hungary. The order was easy and I got it soon from M+E.
All the questions I had about the amp in advance were answered quickly.

I received the amp in a safe packing. Unfortunatlly during the transport the amp had some damages.
The damages were not on the box or case, but inside the amp the tupe (GS35B) were out of the aluminium-ring
Unfortunatly the tupe is not fixed with an original tupe-socket !
The attachmet from the tupe is made by a simple aluminium-ring and in this aluminium-ring is just
one little srew which is srewed against the tupe for mounting.
Here I would have liked a more stable fixation, e.g. such as a tupe-socket!
For this reason also two capasitors and one resistor were demolished from one of the
Well, I was sending an email to M+E Company and Gabi (HA1YA) send me during few days the needed
capasistors and the resistor to repair the amp.
Unfortunatly there was another resisistor-leg broken, which I saw not at first time.
I send another email to M+E, but I got no help at this time, I had to buy the needed resisitor
with my money by meself (poor service from M+E) !
After I finished the repair the amp was running. Unfortunatly the outputpower were
between 650 and 900 watts max., by 100 watts input and 230V AC !

good price
easy to repair
personal contakt to Gabi, HA1YA
quick email response from Gabi, HA1YA
cheap price for the tupe
fan noise not loud (regulated temp. Fan)

poor tupe-connection by aluminium ring with one srew
output power max. 900 watts (10m only 650 watts)
no help during my second problem with the broken resisitor

DL7AT, Andy
DL9GWD Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2010 13:05 Send this review to a friend
ME1200-H in use of DL9GWD  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hallo from DL9GWD

I Used this amplifier since March 2009 mostly in contests like WPX , CQWW , WAE , BARTG-RTTY. I bougth this PA as second hand ( 2.5 years old ) incl. an unused GS31B tube for 1300.00 Euro.
On all bands 80 to 10 metres PEP is over 1000 Wtts. Solid power also in RTTY and SSTV with no problems in QTC exch. in the WAE-RTTY contest. One error with an destroyed high power C. But god support from HA1YA ( after the warrenty time he send in 7 days a new one for free ). (( DL3KWF tells me about a production error in some old russian doorknob C. Pricing in 49.00 US $ for 5 pcs )).
I worked > 16.000 QSOs with this PA mostly in contests. We used it also for our constest club call DF5A / DL0HGW . PA worked more stable on 15 , 12 and 10 m than my old AL811H-HEX. Overload controll was very save.
In our club also DL9GTB now use the new variant of this PA. ( Now with digital power,Ig , SWR metre ).

1. PA used a russian GS31B tube ( in Germany abt ---95 Euro - in QRO-parts abt. 130 US $ ).
2. Easy tuning. I need 10 - 20 sec. in band ___changing.
3. Full power also in RTTY.
4. Security : Higth Temperature, Overload , High ___IGg
5. Input for full power 60 till 90 wtts.
1. Warming up time 180 sec.
2. Only direct buy from HA1YA.

I dislike miss this amplifier in contesting.