Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | Mosley TA-33jr WARC Help

Reviews Summary for Mosley TA-33jr WARC
Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $$399.00
Description: 5 band 20-10 meter beam
More info: http://www.mosley-electronics.com/amateur.htm

You can write your own review of the Mosley TA-33jr WARC.

N8FVJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2001 20:01 Send this review to a friend
Udate!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Per my review with installation of the Mosley TA-33jrWARC last spring, the antenna has held up well in northern Michigan. My QTH is on top of a hill at 1450 feet. The antenna is above the surrounding tree line, thus fully out in the elements. Ice storms have come and gone. Winter winds of 70+ mph with gusts has not damaged this antenna. I even had a guy wire in the worst storm fail, but not the antenna and thankfully, the roof mounted tower. The elements and boom have held up to a lot of ice loading. This is a well constructed antenna!

N8FVJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2000 20:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a Mosley TA-33 jr WARC beam in April of 2000. The assembly was simple once I studied the plans. In fact, the assembly of the parts are color coded. I installed the compact beam (12 foot boom) on a roof mounted tower at approximately 30 feet. The antenna SWR on all bands is excellent, in fact, well under 2 to 1 at band edges and under 1.2 to 1 at center of frequency. I was considering the Cushcraft MA5B, but was concerned with the high winds at my QTH. Indeed, the Mosley is well constructed and offers higher gain on 20, 15 and 10 meters. The Mosley is rated at 1200 watts pep, however a higher power version is available. For a somewhat larger beam antenna than the Cushcraft MA5B, I feel the approximate $130 difference was well spent.