Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | COMTEK ACB-Series Four Square Antenna Systems Help

Reviews Summary for COMTEK ACB-Series Four Square Antenna Systems
COMTEK ACB-Series Four Square Antenna Systems Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $400.00 depends on band
Description: COMTEK Phased Array Systems are used worldwide because they are affordable, simple to install and easy to use. COMTEK makes mono-band phased array switches from 160-10 meters. The standard system includes a control console which operates from 115 VAC - a 230 VAC controller is optional. The optional factory tuned-to-frequency cable feed system for the vertical array will provide the best performance. See the web site for complete product and ordering information.
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/Default.asp?DeptID=46

You can write your own review of the COMTEK ACB-Series Four Square Antenna Systems.

K5WA Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2009 15:59 Send this review to a friend
80M sounds SO good now  Time owned: more than 12 months
Copy of my note to Comtek:

I just wanted you to know how happy I am with my Comtek 80M 4 square. I finally got it erected in an optimal country side location using Rohn 20 as the radiators and elevating the entire array up 15 using fiberglass rods between tower sections. I only have a single radial on each element so far, but the results are truly stunning. From southern Texas, I have been regularly holding my own into Europe and Russia in the early evening against East Coast and Canadian stations. This past Saturday morning, I worked BA7NO who was 20 over S9 here. I will probably do a single band 80M effort in CQWW CW just to test it against big contest stations.

I want to thank you for such a fine product. When I originally bought the ACB-80 7-8 years ago, I had it installed in an extremely compromised location and got so-so results, but now that I have it installed as perfectly as I can get it, I must say that it is the most startling antenna I have heard. What a difference it makes between any of my previous antennas for 80M.

Bob Evans, K5WA