Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | KF7P Metalwerks Coax Standoff Arms Help

Reviews Summary for KF7P Metalwerks Coax Standoff Arms
KF7P Metalwerks Coax Standoff Arms Reviews: 16 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $30 per arm
Description: Protect your expensive coax and other cables with these standoff arms for
telescoping towers. Top arm has gentle radius and can hold the weight of all
cables below it. No more kinked or ruined cables! The lower arms guide the
coax and allow it to self-coil on the ground as the tower lowers. Cables do
not need to be disconnected or cut in order to install.
More info: http://www.kf7p.com/KF7P/Coax_Standoff_Arms.html

You can write your own review of the KF7P Metalwerks Coax Standoff Arms.

WB6MMV Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2011 22:03 Send this review to a friend
Great product quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the top standoff arm for the US Tower TX-455 to replace the original stock standoff. Chris does a great job with a curved arm that holds the weight of my two antenna cables, rotor and steppir cables. The quality of construction was excellent as was the powder coating. It installed easily and I had my tower back on line very quickly. Workmanship is excellent and customer service is also excellent. Great product!

C6APG Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2011 17:29 Send this review to a friend
Product and service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I cannot say enough about Chris and the service he provides, including pictures when needed. He customized an antenna standoff for my tower and kept me advised all through the process. I am completely satisfied and the quality of the product is outstanding; it should provide many years of service. I would purchase the coax standoffs, but I do not need them.

K7EE Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2011 18:09 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I finally decided it was time to do something about the mess of cables around my crank up tower and ordered a set of standoffs from Chris. I made a huge mistake right from the start by guessing the size needed for this custom cell tower, and the standoff's didn't fit. Chris graciously allowed me to return the set, had me send pictures and measurements, then engineered a set especially for this tower at no additional cost. I don't know about the rest of your experiences with situations like this, but I feel extremely fortunate to have done business with Chris.

Ron K7EE

K6BR Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2010 19:50 Send this review to a friend
Huge improvement over OEM for LM-470  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had many problems with the standard Tri-ex/Tashjian coax stand off’s with cables snagging etc. on my LM-470. The main problem with the originals is the way they clamp to the tower. It is impossible to get them tight enough because you have to open up the clamp with a pry-bar to get them over the tower leg and then squeeze it closed to get the bolt in to tighten them. I never could get them tight enough so that they would not move in a strong wind with two coax cables, Steppir cable and rotator cable offering a large wind resistance.

Chris made me a set for the LM-470 utilizing two U-Bolt clamps on each of the standoff’s, this enables me to position the standoff’s in any position on the tower legs, so if you want to offset the standoff’s recommended by Tri-ex/Tashjian Towers and clamp the coax bundle to each standoff so cables are looped and held without touching the ground this can be done. If you want to have the standoff’s aligned under each other so the coax bundles coil on the ground this can be done easily as well.

Chris has made the standoff hoops oversize, actually four plus inches diameter to accommodate large bundles of coax and cables without snagging, plus the split hoop wire is overlapped to such an extent that the cables can never escape or become trapped but it still remains easy to slide the cables into the hoop.

Chris, KF7P makes cable standoffs for almost any tower; you can’t beat the price for such a quality product.

73, Mike K6BR

KE7FBY Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2009 06:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Craftmanship  Time owned: more than 12 months
Chris (KF7P) built a custom set of these cable arms for my tower, and I've been very happy with them. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is excellent and they have met my needs flawlessly.

K7UA Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2009 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Fine product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Chris, KF7P, built some custom coax stand off arms for me to use on my Force 12 low profile tower. I have had problems in the past with the coax snagging while cranking the tower up. Once a snag even ripped the control cable connector out of my rotor. I have been using the arms for several months now. They are first rate. No more problems and they are bargain priced. The picture of the green tower on the KF7P web is mine. I gave Chris that picture only because I give this product my highest endorsement. 73, Bryce K7UA