Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Bury-Flex 50 ohm RG-8 type coax Help

Reviews Summary for Bury-Flex 50 ohm RG-8 type coax
Bury-Flex 50 ohm RG-8 type coax Reviews: 23 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $0.59 per foot
Description: 50 ohm cable with double shield yielding 100% shield coverage, consisting of a 97% braid shield which is tinned for ease of soldering and corrosion protection, PLUS a bonded foil shield for added moisture protection. The velocity factor is 85%. With a loss factor of 2.9 dB/100 ft @ 400 MHz, it is quite competitive with 9913 and LMR 400 (the latter which requires expensive connectors). BURY-FLEX uses standard PL-259's or the standard N connector. Quite important is the fact that this cable uses a PE (Polyethylene) outer jacket which is highly abrasion resistant, as compared to PVEC which is not nearly as durable. This product is direct buriable and PE is non-contaminating to its dielectric or to other cables it is bundled with.
More info: http://www.davisrf.com

You can write your own review of the Bury-Flex 50 ohm RG-8 type coax.

W8ATA Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2016 19:27 Send this review to a friend
All runs Bury-Flex  Time owned: more than 12 months
All my 5 coax runs for HF and VHF are Bury-Flex from shack and up the tower. Easy to work with and easy to run. Also I find it resistive to critter munching.

73, Russ

K0UA Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2016 16:46 Send this review to a friend
Its the best of its type  Time owned: more than 12 months
What can I say that hasn't already been said? it is the best coax of this size and type. Mine has been up for over 13 years and is still performing and looking like new.

K0MD Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2010 14:01 Send this review to a friend
Great Cable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought BuryFlex from Craig at Radio Ware earlier this year. It is a great cable for long runs, especially up towers. My runs go up 100+ ft and the cable works flawlessly. It is a great product and I plan to order more when I need coax!

KJ2P Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2009 07:18 Send this review to a friend
Top Notch  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased three Buryflex assemblies from Davis, with N connectors installed. Cables arrived within the week. Connectors were better looking than I can do, and were shrink wrapped with weather resistant marine heat shrinks.
Swept the cables before and after installation in a two inch conduit. They met the excellent loss spec. Flexibility and PE jacket made the install a breeze.
The whole experience was top notch

WD4MTW Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2009 16:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I buried about a 35' run of Bury-Flex and buriable sprinkler wire from my house to my garage where I had my AH-2 coupler mounted in 2001. Recently I had to move my operating position and replaced the old line with 80' of Bury-Flex with the untrenched portion pulled under the crawlspace of the house. The old line was in excellent shape 8 years later after being buried a foot under wet soil and the remaining 4' above ground that was exposed to the sun. Rather then replace the exposed section, it still remains as the jumper between the coupler and line isolator. The new line easily handled abrasions being pulled around some of the concrete block foundation with ease. Regular RG-8 jacket wouldn't have survived. As some of the other reviewers have noted premium,silver-teflon pl-259's are the best bet soldering for this cable. I had to remove a few strands to pass the center conductor as well. It's a bit more stiff then working with regular RG-8, much like '9913, but worth the extra effort. This is the best choice if you want to directly bury your cable to conceal it from view. Dealing with Davis is always a pleasure. You couldn't expect better customer service.

KD4KWQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2007 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Sturdy stuff  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The last coax I handled was RG-8 stuff from Radio Shack years ago, so I don't have a lot to compare it to. But after putting a PL259 on Buryflex last night, I'm convinced this stuff would survive WWIII. Davis is a great company to deal with - fantastic customer service. The only thing I wish they offered was an online shopping cart. BTW, someone needs to update the price - I paid over .80 per foot.

AB1FY Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2007 07:22 Send this review to a friend
Great coax  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Easy to work with and very tough. The guys at Davis do a great job. There was a small problem with my order, and they fixed that quick. Great customer service. Will buy their stuff again. They have lots of great products for home brew antennas.

K2VI Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2006 15:52 Send this review to a friend
last forever  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have this coax feeding my dipole which has been up 50' on a roof tower and mast since 1991.that 16 years,this coax will go another 16 year because the outer jacket still looks new.unbelivable long life coax.I would not think of buying anything but this remarkable coax.Radio works sells it here in virginia for around 58 cents a foot.This is the best coax money can buy.please stay in bussiness davis rf.thanks for a great product.

N4NYY Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2005 14:59 Send this review to a friend
Super !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have it in a swamp. Works as good as advertised. Better than LMR-400, because it is not as stiff.

I purchased it based on reviews here, and didn't disappoint.

W7IS Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2004 17:58 Send this review to a friend
2000 V High Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bury Flex costs 30% more than the bargain basement Rg213 type coax but in return you get twice the quality. Although Rg213 is rated for 4000V breakdown, the Bury Flex is rated 2000V. So you would want to keep that in mind if your planning on running a full 1.5kw at a HIGH SWR. Below 3 to 1 swr the Bury Flex would be more than adequate at 1.5kw. A word of caution about soldering on coax fittings with this coax. The 9 gauge stranded center conductor wont fit through a standard Pl-259 unless you remove one strand of wire from the center conductor. Also, the tinned braid shield is very small tinned wire. So when using a knife to cut off the outer covering, use caution to not knick the braid. If you use silver plated teflon connectors it makes soldering to the tinned braid faster and easier. What I use is a fine tipped propane torch in order to heat the Pl-259 faster, as a regular heavy duty soldering iron just wont get the fitting hot enough. This is some great coax that should outlast any of the other bargain basement coax by many years.