Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Bury-Flex 50 ohm RG-8 type coax Help

Reviews Summary for Bury-Flex 50 ohm RG-8 type coax
Bury-Flex 50 ohm RG-8 type coax Reviews: 21 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $0.59 per foot
Description: 50 ohm cable with double shield yielding 100% shield coverage, consisting of a 97% braid shield which is tinned for ease of soldering and corrosion protection, PLUS a bonded foil shield for added moisture protection. The velocity factor is 85%. With a loss factor of 2.9 dB/100 ft @ 400 MHz, it is quite competitive with 9913 and LMR 400 (the latter which requires expensive connectors). BURY-FLEX uses standard PL-259's or the standard N connector. Quite important is the fact that this cable uses a PE (Polyethylene) outer jacket which is highly abrasion resistant, as compared to PVEC which is not nearly as durable. This product is direct buriable and PE is non-contaminating to its dielectric or to other cables it is bundled with.
More info: http://www.davisrf.com

You can write your own review of the Bury-Flex 50 ohm RG-8 type coax.

N3YV Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2004 22:41 Send this review to a friend
VERY,VERY GOOD!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Simpley the best coax i ever used,easy to handle,super strong cover and very good customer service.

K5YC Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2003 12:28 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC STUFF!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought some certified rg213 fromTHE WIRE Man to use on my new antenna. Well this stuff is certified for what? Junk! maybe good for cb.
Going to pull it down and throw into thrash! Then i will replace it with Bury Flex from Davis RF!
Great wire porducts. Less loss and easier to work with. Measured SWr ON Wire Man cable and on Davis RF and no comparison. Davis wins easily!
This is the coax to use. Davis coax has a better
outer jacket that will last.

W0JSB Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2003 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Very excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Not much more I can say that others haven't said - other than to add my 5 rating to the list.

I purchased ready-made 100' runs from Radio-Ware.com - included Amphenol connectors. Excellent work.

N4UM Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2003 19:32 Send this review to a friend
Good Stuff!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using this stuff for more than a year. I have two runs of it; one about 220 feet, and the other about 260 feet. The last 70 feet of one run is under salt water, varying in depth from 4 feet to about 10 feet. The stuff has held up very well. I got quick, personal responses to my e-mail queries about its properties from the company. I'm very happy with the product and with the company.

W4TME Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2003 17:31 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have just finished a re-cabling of my very modest antenna farm using Bury-Flex to connect my HF, VHF and UHF antennas. I was previously using just a single run of Bury-Flex with various other brands and types. After a year, the others showed signs of wear, but not the Bury-Flex. Being able to get an additional 3 db gain on VHF just by upgrading the coax is a lot cheaper than buying an amp. The performance characteristics are great! Low loss and high velocity in an almost indestructible PE jacket is a great combination. I recommend it for any and all uses.

KC1MK Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2002 17:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent cable, very durable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I installed 130 feet of Bury-Flex to my GAP Challenger vertical about a year ago, and it performs very well and has held up with no problems. Most of the run is buried, with some above ground before it enters the house. Both the buried and above-ground portions of the cable show no deterioration.
It costs a bit more than some other cable, but given it's performance and durability, it's probably cheaper in the long run, and certainly saves the hassle of installing new cable as frequently.
It's the only cable I use now, and I will be using it to feed an 80-meter full-wave loop as soon as I get around to installing it.

KB0ETC Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2001 20:33 Send this review to a friend
RF-9914F Bury-FlexTm Coax  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have 150' of this running above ground. I would have buried it, except I am at a rental QTH. Works great! I have it running to a vertical multi-band antenna. We have a large yard, and I wanted something that had some UV and waterproof qualities to the outer jacket. Very well sheilded, will last for many years above or below ground. Kinda expensive, but well worth it!

W9WIS Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2001 13:56 Send this review to a friend
Bury-Flex is great stuff !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I agree with the others who have reviewed Davis RF's Bury-Flex. I've had mine in use for two years now and it's still showing no signs of deterioration or water infiltration. Previously I was using a major manufacturer's RG-213. After two years the jacket started to go "soft" and water getting in the coax was a problem. Much of the water infiltration was caused by rodents actually chewing the coax and making holes in the jacket, actually stripping "slots" in it. I have had NO problems with rodent damage with the Bury-Flex... it's very hard and tough and apparently they don'
t care for the taste. Steve Davis is a first class act. Although their main clients are large commercial enterprises he hasn't forgotten his Ham friends. Davis really provides great prices and advice with no B.S.!

K1TP Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2000 10:50 Send this review to a friend
Simply the best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was looking for a product that I could use to hide the antenna from my xyl...not only did it hide the coax, it works great. I have 150 feet under ground to my 80 meter dipole and run 15oo watts regularly...a great product. Most important Steve, the owner of Davis RF, stands behind everything he sells and he knows his product. This should be your only choice for all your coax, wire, and connector needs...jon k1tp

KQ6EA Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2000 13:39 Send this review to a friend
Great Stuff!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I agree with the previous posting. I've been using Bury-Flex for about 4 years now, and it really holds up well strung across my roof. The original runs I put up still look (and test) like new. I've seen other coax deteriorate in two years, or less, out here in the California sun and smog. This stuff just hangs in there! It takes a little more skill, and the correct connector, to terminate the ends, but it's well worth the extra effort. The customer service is just outstanding, and they can get almost any type of odd-ball connector or other coax you may need. They'll ship by any method you choose, and whatever you order gets to you in a timely manner.