Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Nagoya NA-702 Help

Reviews Summary for Nagoya NA-702
Nagoya NA-702 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $12.90 + S/H on eBay
Description: 11.5 Inch 144/430 MHz Dualband Antenna, BNC, SMA-F, SMA-M
More info: http://www.nagoya.com.tw/

You can write your own review of the Nagoya NA-702.

K4ISR Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2016 13:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for 220  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a great antenna when used with its intended frequencies, 1.25m band 220MHz. It is not as good (3/5) on 2m 144MHz band, but this is antenna is made primarily for 220. The 701 is better for 70cm, and 771 is better for 2m.

W2SNJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2015 19:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a fantastic antenna for 220 use. It stinks on 2m and it should. 1/4 wave for 2m is 19 inches. 1/4 wave for 220 is 11 inches. This antenna is getting a bad rap because of 2m. Guys, use your brain. This antenna was meant for 220.

OK2ZO Rating: 1/5 Nov 21, 2014 10:56 Send this review to a friend
Unusable - no buy..  Time owned: more than 12 months
I give one point only, that it improves signal of VHF broadcasting on my VX-3. :-)
If SB try cutting lenght on analyzer, let me know the final lenght..

N5SWE Rating: 1/5 Dec 13, 2011 10:55 Send this review to a friend
poor  Time owned: more than 12 months
It works but not as well as original antennas. Now in junk box.

WH6C Rating: 0/5 Dec 12, 2011 22:43 Send this review to a friend
Poor performer, high SWR  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have model NA-702SM which is the SMA female version of the antenna. I tried it out on my FT-60R noting the received signal strength from distant repeaters and found it lacking on both 2m & 70cm. The antenna is longer than my original Yaesu antenna so expected it to perform better. Unfortunately, when I checked it with my MFJ antenna analyzer, the 2m SWR was about 2-to-1 at the max frequency of my meter (170Mhz); anything below that frequency increased the SWR. In contrast, my stock Yaesu antenna was 2-to-1 at both 144 and 148Mhz, with a 1.5-to-1 midband at 146Mhz. I don't have a UHF analyzer but my suspicion is that the stock antenna would have similar readings on the UHF band and the Nagoya would perform as poorly as it did on 2m. Save your money and buy a more expensive antenna from a reputable company. This one may "sound" like a Japanese company but it's made in China.

N1KSN Rating: 3/5 Nov 4, 2009 05:40 Send this review to a friend
Good on 2m, not that good on 440  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this antenna because of its length and my satisfaction with a longer dualband model from this manufacturer. It works well on two meters but isn't as good on 440 MHz as it should be.

When I compared it to the shorter stock dualband antenna for the Icom IC-T7H and the shorter stock monoband antenna for the Icom IC-04AT, the signal strength was not as great. Useable perhaps, but not what it could be.

For these reasons, I've put it on a two meter only rig where I find the length just right for my use. You may want to do the same.

If I could, I'd give it a 3.5 score.