Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | NAGOYA UT-102 Help

Reviews Summary for NAGOYA UT-102
NAGOYA UT-102 Reviews: 14 Average rating: 0.9/5 MSRP: $21.00 (approx.)
Description: Mini mag-mount dual band mobile antenna

You can write your own review of the NAGOYA UT-102.

VA3PKR Rating: 1/5 Nov 12, 2012 05:38 Send this review to a friend
Very poor  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently purchased antenna. Magnet seems to hold at highway speeds, I like the length of the cable. Very small antenna, seems barely ok on 2M but unusable on 70cm. Could not activate repeater on 70cm within 1.5km line of sight from repeater.

Do not purchase this antenna at any cost!!

VE3BOC Rating: 3/5 Apr 27, 2012 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Good performance for city mobile use  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Have had this antenna for about six months and put it through the ringer. Used on a vehicle with a VX-6R HT on 5 watts and external speaker/mic. Magnet is solid and holds perfectly at highway speeds. Performance is good on both VHF and UHF for use within a city radius of local repeaters. However, highway performance is very low. You will need to be within 15 km of the perimetre of city limits for the antenna to be useable.

Driving between Barrie and Sudbury, I had be entering or exiting the city of Parry Sound before I could activate the repeater. For Sudbury, I actually had to be within the city to hit the repeaters. Again for the Barrie repeater, I needed to be right near the city boundary.

Of course the performance does not compete with a simple 1/4 wave whip, which I have compared it to on my travels, but it does work. I don't know in what circumstance the other reviewers were using their antennas, but mine functioned reasonably well.

Keep in mind that it is what it is, a quick simple antenna for local mobile communications.

KIERONR1 Rating: 0/5 Jan 3, 2012 07:34 Send this review to a friend
Worst Ever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
These things are an absolute joke, in fact if it wasn't so serious it would be almost hilarious. When it arrived I thought it was something out of the puppet serious "Thunderbirds". It really does not qualify for anything other than a toy. I would not even attempt to transmit as much as a micro watt of power through this thing.Cheap, shoddy, mass produced crap. I just regret i hadn't seen the previous review of this thing and saved myself some money. BUYER BEWARE.

WS5J Rating: 0/5 Nov 23, 2009 23:40 Send this review to a friend
What a piece of JUNK!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just had the misfortune of purchasing this JUNK antenna from a retailer on eBay. Waited 3 weeks for the antenna to arrive from Hong Kong, then was very sad to find that the antenna would not resonate on any frequency. Performance was non existent. I was unable to find any band or frequency that this antenna would work on. When I complained to the seller, he wanted me to return the defective junk to get another piece of the same crud (no refund). Pay $15 to return a $20 antenna then wait 3 weeks for the seller to receive it and another 3 weeks for the replacement. All with no guarantee that the replacement would be any better than the first antenna. DO NOT WASTE YOU MONEY ON THIS JUNK!!