Reviews Categories | Ham radio kits | HAMKITT ( TS-2000 DISPLAY BLUE LIGHT MOD ) Help

Reviews Summary for HAMKITT ( TS-2000 DISPLAY BLUE LIGHT MOD )
HAMKITT     (   TS-2000 DISPLAY BLUE LIGHT MOD  ) Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$34.95
Description: HAMKITT.com offers a modification to any Kenwood TS-2000 which allows it's owner to switch the Display from a amber or yellowish display to a "COOL BLUE COLOR"... Making the Kenwood's display very similar to the Yaesu Ft-847's display color.. This modification kit comes with very detailed step by step instructions & parts needed to complete the modification...
More info: http://www.hamkitt.com

You can write your own review of the HAMKITT ( TS-2000 DISPLAY BLUE LIGHT MOD ).

W4GLM Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2013 06:43 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very recently ordered the kit for my newly acquired TS-2000.
Arrived in yesterday's mail and after coffee this morning, I warmed up my old soldering iron and began dis-assembly.

pay attention to the dis-assembly, hot coffee helps...................

Way way easier than I thought, upon reassembly fired right up and set my brigtness.

WOW WOW WOW

I B liking the display, much easier on a set of older tired eyes

KC4ZPL Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2012 12:32 Send this review to a friend
HamKitt led mod  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the kit and was so surprized to see it arrive so soon. The time spent doing this mod took about 1.5 hours and the instruction sheets step ya thru the whole thing very well. I was grinning from ear to ear when I finished the mod an turned on my TS-2000!! The blue backlit display was AWESOME! Same night I turned it on again in the same room with no other lights on an WoW! The display looked fantastic an had my display screen just how I wanted it to look. This mod is very-well worth the price.

W3DDF Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2012 03:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the Hamkitt TS-2000 blue display kit. Joe was very helpful during the installation process. Just need to take your time and everything will go well. The blue display is a great improvement. Highly recommend this kit.

W6DRG Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2012 06:46 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely Stellar  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought Joe's kit and had it the next business day. Was pretty nervous about taking the rig apart but followed the instructions carefully and within an hour it was working beautifully. Great kit, Great price, Nice Fellow! I will be looking for other kits made by Joe.

WA2E Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2012 12:18 Send this review to a friend
Nice kit!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received this fine kit this past weekend and installed on Sunday. My eyesight sure isn't what it used to be so inspected everything with a magnifier before putting it all back together. Looked good so the reassembly began. Crossed my fingers and turned the rig on to a much nicer blue display that will outlast me. Take your time, be careful and follow the instructions. If I can do it so can you. Love the new display.

Mike

K1FPV Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2010 13:47 Send this review to a friend
Terrific Mod, makes for a cool display!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased a TS-2000 to use for satellite work. I like the radio and it isn't too bad on HF either as a backup rig. However, I just didn't like the yellow display. It was a little hard on my eyes. I saw a review for this kit here on eHam, so I decided to try it on my new TS-2000.

It wasn't hard at all to perform. It took a little over an hour. The cool blue is much easier on the eyes. In communicating with Joe, I learned that in time they will eventually make up kits for other radios. If you don't like the look of your drab old yellow display, I highly recommend this kit. You won't be disappointed!

KM9E Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2010 19:12 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding -- Cool Blue  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I liked the mod on the TS-570 so much, I ordered the kit for my TS-2000. This mod is only slightly more complex than the TS-570DG due to more ribbon cables & tighter "quarters". With a little patience & attention, this mod will turn out great, just as mine did. The kit says an evening to complete, however, I had the radio back together in 1.25 hrs! Of course, I run a two way shop & have experience in working with electronics/radios. Even with modest tools & soldering iron, anyone could do this in 3 hours or less. The instructions are outstanding w/color pics to lead you through every step of the process successfully. After doing the 570 & 2000's, I wish I had a TM-V7 to do .... hi hi. Shades of Heathkit, but multitudes better. Great job, Joe & gang!

KM9E Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2010 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding mod!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I actually bought the mod for the TS-570 and love the difference it has made on this radio. The kit says an evening to complete, however, I had the radio back together in 1.25 hrs! Of course, I run a two way shop & have experience in working with electronics/radios. Even with modest tools & soldering iron, anyone could do this in 3 hours or less. The instructions are outstanding w/color pics to lead you through every step of the process successfully. Shades of Heathkit, but multitudes better. Great job, Joe & gang!

W0IW Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2009 09:08 Send this review to a friend
I HAVE HAD GREAT SUCCESS WITH THIS MOD!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this modification for several years now and love the new cool blue look of my ts-2000...

Being the owner of this modification I am of course biased.. But it was a pleasure doing this modification, and now I am looking at several other lines to convert from amber/yellow to blue.. Including Icom,s 718 Yaesu's Ft-920, and Kenwood's Ts-570 & Ts-480 etc.. I have had very favorable comments about this product, and try to help any and all of my buyers out when they might have a question or a problem with the install..

Like all mods tho one must know the hot end of the iron, and understand this is nor a Kenwood approved modification.. So one must be very careful when modding a $1500 radio.. 73

Joe Leto