Reviews Categories | Ham radio kits | HAMKITT ( TS-2000 DISPLAY BLUE LIGHT MOD ) Help

Reviews Summary for HAMKITT ( TS-2000 DISPLAY BLUE LIGHT MOD )
HAMKITT     (   TS-2000 DISPLAY BLUE LIGHT MOD  ) Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$34.95
Description: HAMKITT.com offers a modification to any Kenwood TS-2000 which allows it's owner to switch the Display from a amber or yellowish display to a "COOL BLUE COLOR"... Making the Kenwood's display very similar to the Yaesu Ft-847's display color.. This modification kit comes with very detailed step by step instructions & parts needed to complete the modification...
More info: http://www.hamkitt.com

You can write your own review of the HAMKITT ( TS-2000 DISPLAY BLUE LIGHT MOD ).

KM9E Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2010 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding mod!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I actually bought the mod for the TS-570 and love the difference it has made on this radio. The kit says an evening to complete, however, I had the radio back together in 1.25 hrs! Of course, I run a two way shop & have experience in working with electronics/radios. Even with modest tools & soldering iron, anyone could do this in 3 hours or less. The instructions are outstanding w/color pics to lead you through every step of the process successfully. Shades of Heathkit, but multitudes better. Great job, Joe & gang!

W0IW Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2009 09:08 Send this review to a friend
I HAVE HAD GREAT SUCCESS WITH THIS MOD!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this modification for several years now and love the new cool blue look of my ts-2000...

Being the owner of this modification I am of course biased.. But it was a pleasure doing this modification, and now I am looking at several other lines to convert from amber/yellow to blue.. Including Icom,s 718 Yaesu's Ft-920, and Kenwood's Ts-570 & Ts-480 etc.. I have had very favorable comments about this product, and try to help any and all of my buyers out when they might have a question or a problem with the install..

Like all mods tho one must know the hot end of the iron, and understand this is nor a Kenwood approved modification.. So one must be very careful when modding a $1500 radio.. 73

Joe Leto