Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Palstar SP30 H Help

Reviews Summary for Palstar SP30 H
Palstar SP30 H Reviews: 39 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$179.95
Description: An extended range communications speaker
More info: http://palstar.com/sp30h.php

You can write your own review of the Palstar SP30 H.

KL2D Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2017 11:42 Send this review to a friend
Like it so much I bought a second one.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It is hard to add anything to what has already been said. Bottom line, if you want a high quality speaker then this is it. I liked the first one I bought so much I bought a second one and am using them to take advantage of the two channel audio out from my Flex-6700.

One note, if you have line level out from your radio you will need an audio amplifier like the Rolls MA252 or similar. This is what I am using and with it I can run the audio from my Flex-6700 and mix in the audio from my computer through the amp to the speakers.

They are fairly big, but the sound is great and really makes listening at low volume (to avoid disturbing the XYL) a pleasure. Higher volumes are good too if you really need to dig out a faint signal. What others have said is true, I hear as well with these as I do with my RadioSport headset.

Expensive, but worth it IMHO.

73!

Justin
KL2D

KQ4KK Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2016 08:16 Send this review to a friend
Not a better Speaker out there  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've owned a lot of the big three HAM external speakers, BOSE speakers, and lots of junk speakers. They all work, some better than others. The big Palstar is perfect. Sound is clear, nothing added, nor taken away.

Has many different connection choices on the back. Very well made, solid. I just saw on the Palstar web site a new SP30 that is over $300, "better" speaker and a piano finish..I'm good with the 30H.

WX4C Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2016 14:09 Send this review to a friend
Simply the Best!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Over the past 36 years, I have been enjoying the Ham Radio Hobby, the Palstar SP30H Speaker is the best I have ever heard. Over the years, I have had many Speakers. The SP30H beats them all hands down. It helps to make the Stations with poor audio sound better. I now have two of these Speakers in my Shack and my only regret is that I did not buy them sooner.
Don, WX4C

M0AUW Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2016 02:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Speaker!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Easily the best speaker I've used to date. Good tones throughout. I bought mine when I suffered a stroke in early 2015 and my hearing seemed to be effected. The day it arrived I never looked back, a pleasure to listen to! Brilliant for CW, put those headphones away!

KC9YY Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2016 13:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a super speaker.
Its sound quality is superb, I very seldom have to use the muffs even with QRN.
It is also a very nice appearing speaker.
Highly recommended by this OM with poor ears.

AA4XE Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2015 15:23 Send this review to a friend
Good for 83 year-old Ears  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was an AF MARS NCS for over 25 years, but resigned when I could no longer reliably hear what was being said in all kinds of propagation. I then joined an Alabama Net hoping to be able to hear better, and I could - for strong stations.
Having a high regard for Palstar products, I read all of the Eham.net reviews, but was particularly interested in a review from KD4INV, who was similarly afflicted with bad hearing. Despite hearing aids costing thousands of dollars each, I still had trouble; then it dawned on me - hearing aids only magnify sound; they do not enhance it. I ordered my SP30H and tried it out. More help than good headphones!
Believe all of the comments; you will not be disappointed!

K4TIN Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2014 06:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought one for a Christmas present--for me! With today's ultra compact radios, you can only shrink a speaker so much. And where they are placed is usually an afterthought: top, or even bottom. If your QTH has room for it, it's a worthwhile addition to any shack. Fills the upstairs rooms of the house with pleasant audio.

AE4X Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2014 16:13 Send this review to a friend
FABULOUS speaker!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Simply beautiful audio. The difference in using this speaker was immediate. Produces a well balanced robust sound
Probably the best speaker I've used. Will be ordering more soon!

W2HLD Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2014 09:18 Send this review to a friend
Simply a GREAT speaker  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using this speaker for over two years, with my vintage Collins 51J4 for AM communications. The performance has been excellent and far surpasses the quality of the usual radio manufacturer accessory offerings. You can really hear the difference especially on AM, but this also does a great job as well on ssb. The price is well worth it!!

KC6RCM Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2014 18:06 Send this review to a friend
Put away your headset.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use this speaker with my VHF/UHF station. It really does help bring out the weak ones on SSB and CW. If you can't hear the signals with this speaker, they don't exist.