Reviews Categories | DC Power Supply Distribution Panels | TENMA 72-6627 Help

Reviews Summary for TENMA 72-6627
TENMA 72-6627 Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $$47.99
Description: 35A Multiple DC Outlet Strip. Similar to MFJ1118.
More info: http://WWW.TENMA.COM

You can write your own review of the TENMA 72-6627.

W8ROB Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2013 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Great buy and quality!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought this in place of a MFJ. Good quality and price. MCM Electronics has it on sale every so often too! Have one on my bench at work also. Can't be beat!

WB4TJH Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2011 07:05 Send this review to a friend
Great buy for the money.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This unit has NINE DC connections and is much better quality and a much cheaper price than the MFJ strip. I don't use Anderson powerpoles and did not want to have to invest in a seperate tool for them. The Tenma is very well built, and has two DC amp meters on it. For the money it is a much better buy than the MFJ strips. There isn't much to go wrong with a product like this, but MFJ's lousy quality control is enough reason to buy the Tenma, even if it cost the same. But not only is it a better product, but it is less expensive.

KB2WXV Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2011 20:53 Send this review to a friend
wonderfull  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
received it as christmas gift from my wife(kb2wey)this year and couldnt be more pleased.well made,heavy,and looks great.works as it should,high quality heavy metal and made in the usa. showed to a fellow ham and he went out and ordered one for himself.
mfj should be ashamed of them self for the ones they offer for much more money.

KB2WXV Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2011 20:52 Send this review to a friend
wonderfull  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
mfj should be ashamed of them self for the ones they off for much more money

K7MBL Rating: 3/5 Sep 11, 2010 10:23 Send this review to a friend
Good and Bad!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I really liked the 72-6627, that is, until I connected my radio to the 15 amp circuit. Instantly blew the fuses!! Upon closer inspection, the red & black weren't positive & negative as expected. In fact, they were just the opposite! I re-fused, fully expecting my radio to be toast. It fired up, I got lucky!

I emailed Tenma and included photos. I got a 15 word, generic "sorry" in an email. For what it's worth.

At any rate, it seems to be a sturdy unit and has otherwise worked great with my TM-G707, IC-706 & tuner, RFC 2-317 and various scanners and other goodies. Though a little disgusted, I would consider buying again.

K5WMG Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2010 14:32 Send this review to a friend
Love it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I too was looking for a way to distribute dc in the station and thought I was stuck with a MFJ unit (which I what I had in the past). But I wanted quality - something I've found MFJ often lacking (at least, in my opinion and based upon past experiences with their equipment). I discovered the TENMA and could not be more satisfied. The quality is high and it is heavy, well-built, and it looks good - a hard combination to beat. Price is less, unit is solid and heavy, and it works great. K5WMG

AL7F Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2009 16:32 Send this review to a friend
Works good and great price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was going to buy the MFJ1118, but I found the TENMA on line for a much better price. I have had it for about 1 month and have had no problems. It sure looks like the MFJ1118, but has 2 Amp. meters, 1 switched and 1 non switched.