Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | PSK-40 Small Wonder Labs Help

Reviews Summary for PSK-40 Small Wonder Labs
PSK-40 Small Wonder Labs Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $115
Description: 40 Meter PSK transceiver kit. Direct interface to computer sound card. Auto transmit/recieve switching using internal VOX type circuit. ~ 4 watts
More info: http://www.smallwonderlabs.com

You can write your own review of the PSK-40 Small Wonder Labs.

AD6KA Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2013 07:02 Send this review to a friend
Rig Discontinued  Time owned: more than 12 months
"I do think Dave should offer a 7.035 MHz version, it does seem to be the more popular frequency."

Agreed, but Dave discontinued the PSK Series
at least two years ago. A sad day, they were great. I had the original "Higher Parts Count"
PSk-40 and, like the PSk-20 model that appeared on the cover of QST, the receiver was phenomenal.runnng 3 watts into a dipole up 30 feet....
I worked VK2 from California on my second call,

KB3MHB Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2010 14:52 Send this review to a friend
Great qrp rig added eu band.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Well I built my SWL 40 meter rig around Feb. 2010. It went together just like the 20 meter version. Also added the "EU" band which was very easy to add. I now have a switch in the back to switch between bands. The "EU" band is very active so I have made alot of contacts.

Bert M. Thompson KB3MHB/0

KB1NLW Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2009 12:02 Send this review to a friend
Added 2nd frequency  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I previously built a PSK-20 and enjoyed building it and using it so much I ordered the 40meter variant. The PSK-40 worked without any issues, just like the PSK-20

One dilemma, in the US we use 7.070 MHz but Europe and most DX is on 7.035 MHz. After building the design for 7.070 MHz I built a second small oscillator daughter board with a 11.9495 MHz xtal I obtained from Kens. This oscillator shared R49. Switching between the two oscillators is accomplished by switching power (Vr) between the two oscillators. The bandpass is wide enough to cover both frequencies.