Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Acom 1011 Help

SWR: 1:3 Max. (=240W Ref. Max), extra Tuner not needed
Bypass: SWR < 1.1:1, max. 200W
Intermodulation: Better than 35dBc at nominal Output
Side Wave Supression: Better than 50dB at nominal Output
Freq.: 1.8 to 29.7MHz (160 to 10m)
Power: 500W continous (at 60W Input), 700W PEP (11dB Gain)
2 Antenna Connectors
Power Supply: 85-132 V/170-264 V AC, 50-60 Hz, one phased, 1200VA
Weight: 32Lbs (18Kg)
Size: ~ 16 Wide, 12 deep, 7 Heigh (measured in Inch)
Operating Tempreture: 32°F to 122°F (0° to 50°Celsius)
Fits FCC and CE Standards, Several Safety Circuits
Manual in English www.difona.de/pdf_en/acom1011_manual.pdf
For more Product Information Call Producer in Bulgaria: 359 2 920 9655
More info: http://www.acom-bg.com/

You can write your own review of the Acom 1011.

DL1TTX Rating: 3/5 Jul 19, 2011 14:33 Send this review to a friend
Good Amp - BUT...  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very good Amp - but a lot of trouble - eat's the tubes alive. Send it back 2 times within
6 month - tubes where gone with no indication of
overload - wonder what the protection circuit is
good for ? Today I received the Acom - Modkit -
Input Protection PCB from my dealer ( for free by Acom )and installed it.The Mod - Kit is for
all Acom 1011 build before May 2011.So there must
have been more trouble with this machine around
the world.
Sorry for the 3 , I hope that the Mod will give me a more reliable PA , because when it works ,
it is an easy to tune very good machine.
SEE YOU - HEAR YOU
73 HELMUT

NY0A Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2011 20:33 Send this review to a friend
Top Quality Amp  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased the Acom 1011 in August, 2010, and am quite pleased with it.

Bob, W5OV, at Array Solutions, was very helpful during the purchase process. I wanted to pick up the amp in person, and Array Solutions did a check-out of the amp before my arrival.

Setup in the shack was straightforward. Easy to tune, and the 30 second warm-up time is nice. Construction is first rate.

The fan is much quieter than my previous amp, the Icom 2KL.

I could have saved about $800 by purchasing a popular single 3-500 amp with a little more power out, but the Acom build quality and ease of tuning made the extra expense worth it to me.

I wish Acom offered a 6 meter or 6 & 2 meter version of this amp - I’d buy one without hesitation.

G4OER Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2010 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Top-flight product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This amplifier is a real gem. Superb build-quality. Easy to tune using the led's. Supplied by Vine (Ron Stone) and usual first-class service.

KY5G Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2010 12:47 Send this review to a friend
very nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
ordered the acom 1011 from jay at array solutions. they bench tested and set it up for 120v prior to shipping. replaced an sb-200 amp with it at a weekend cabin and it dropped right in and works great. the tuning method is fast and easy--i have an alpha-99 and the acom tunes in a similar fashion, though the indicators are slightly different. as a comparison, the acom is much easier to tune than the sb-200. it feels solid, as do the controls--no slop. fan noise is acceptable--somewhat less than what the sb-200 produced in the same space.

it's an expensive amp and there are less expensive amps available at this power level, but i wanted to buy quality gear that i wouldn't have to continually service.

i have not tried QSK with it yet and can't comment on that aspect.

i recommend the amp and especially array solutions. i think their test and setup service, which is at no charge, is valuable protection against DOA.

G8CVF Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2010 15:47 Send this review to a friend
A wonderful INVESTMENT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my 1011 getting on for 12 months and given it 'stick', and it's come back smiling, WHAT AN AMPLIFIER !! I have had several OTHER amps over the years but this is just AWESOME, if you are wondering wonder no more, get yours NOW you won't be sorry I can assure.

I did have a little problem, the fan noise was a little OTT, but on mentioning this Acom sent me a replacement almost by return post (arranged through Ron at Vine, thanks Ron) this cured it and now it couldn't be better.

Go on SPOIL yourself, you deserve it !!

Pete

LA8KHA Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2010 12:59 Send this review to a friend
Acom fixed it.I,m happy now!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After some 14 days with several houres of use after Acom Company came up with new tubes and some minor mods.adding a resistor at the screen grid it`s fair to give a new review.My amp works very good and the response from the Acom Company is just fantastic.
I,m happy again.