Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS Help

CLEAN RF   VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS Reviews: 28 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Varies
Various models and combos.

You can write your own review of the CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS.

N9HLL Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2018 09:08 Send this review to a friend
Great Product and Fantastic support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great company to work with, Tyler went above and beyond to make a minor modification on mine due to my unique operating conditions with a high gain amplifier and very low drive levels. Great build quality and works perfectly, Highly recommended.
AG4F Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2018 11:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product, excellent service and communication!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just started using both the RF sampler and demodulators from CleanRF / Tyler. I tried the direct connection to the unused tuner port first instead of the sampler, but couldn't get good consistent results. The devices from Tyler are very well made and very easy to use. The documentation on his website is fantastic, allowing even someone unfamiliar with the use of a scope in ham radio (i.e. me) to start getting valule immediately. The order was shipped very quickly. Tyler sent me several emails with detailed information and responded to my emails very quickly. If you want to monitor your linearity, digital waveforms, etc. this is the way to go.
WR6G Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2018 12:46 Send this review to a friend
Very professional product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tyler builds a quality product and provides excellent customer support! If you care about your transmitted signal this is the way to go. Buy the combo and make your scope useful instead of it collecting dust on the bench. If you do not have a scope they can be purchased cheaply on ebay. You wont regret it!
WA6AM Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2017 10:49 Send this review to a friend
Great product.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Clean up your tx signal.Very EASY to set up and priced fairly. Support is fantastic Thanks Tyler!
K7OME Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2017 11:19 Send this review to a friend
Simple and Effective  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Splatter View arrived faster than expected. The package contained everything required to install the product and connect to my o-scope. I read over the downloaded manual and had no trouble with the initial setup and calibration. I think I sent three emails to Tyler with simple questions that probably should have had obvious answers but Tyler answered them all within the hour with patience and thoroughness. Tyler is the best! He helped me get past the new amp jitters and into the world of legal limit power. I highly recommend this product!
WK6F Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2016 13:53 Send this review to a friend
tyler gave great help  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tyler will help you till all is operating correctly.
to keep you within 3kHz bandwidth,the need of these rf samplers is a must while running a legal limit amplifier.I was told I WAS 7KHZ WIDE BY A OFFICIAL OBSERVER SO THE NEED TO SEE MY AMP WAS LINEAR IS A MUST. NOW TRANSMITTING WITHIN 3KHZ. you can not go wrong so buy one!
WA4IRE Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2015 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I discovered that my amplifier was not operating in a linear fashion due to improper tuning. It was very easy to correctly tune the amplifier for linear operation by making a test count into the mic and adjusting the amplifier for the classic trapezoid pattern.

It was also very easy to detect amplifier overdrive issues on SSB and AM when viewing
the trapezoidal pattern. Reducing the exciter power output until the trapezoidal pattern looks normal corrects the problem. Adjusting the modulation level to 100% on SSB and AM is
a breeze when monitoring the trapezoidal pattern on the scope.

The Splatter Viewer is a great product and I highly recommend it!

KD1AB Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2015 06:17 Send this review to a friend
No More Guess Works!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
USPS 2nd day Priority became 5th day delivery, and I got RF-S2K / RF-D samplers yesterday. They really work. I have checked all my three amp's linearity ranges. I am working on my microphone settings.
I have been ham for over 50 years - all those years guess works have become no more guess works!!
Nice product, Tyler!
KC4MOP Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2015 06:41 Send this review to a friend
Very Revealing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the Splatter View components. After careful adjustment of the oscilloscope and calibration; it showed me that I have been pushing the linear amp way beyond its capabilities of a nice fully modulated signal. Great for AM and SSB. The 'scope is the only way to REALLY see the absolute PEAK ENVELOPE POWER from the amp. And straight lines in the trapezoid trace. You must follow directions for connecting the units to your station.
NS3L Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2015 13:54 Send this review to a friend
IMHO "Required" for Station monitoring..  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently I purchased two Tektronix scopes (2215A & 2213A) for my multi-station build.. Looking at what is available on the market and seeing that commercially built samplers were available, I contacted Tyler at CleanRF. After a short time and a very productive conversation I ordered the RF-S2K (2KW Variable RF Sampler & Demodulator system) which is now connected to my Tek 2215A.

I'm now able to see exactly what the signal quality was at position #1 with my IC-7600 and ACOM 600S Linear during transmission. I was able to see visually the PEP envelope and various wave forms of my signal.

After receiving the samplers a few days later, I was able for the first time to really see what my station was doing and they helped me identify some incorrect settings that required tweaking. The quality of my transmitted signal is far better now since the samplers were added.

The CleanRF system works.. Connected to your equipment then to your oscilloscope, it gives you a clear picture of what your station's transmitting and what the wave forms look like..

For my position #2, I've also recently purchased a RF-SM Station Monitor from Tyler so I could monitor my non-linear IC-7000 connected to my Tek 2213A. Again, I now have the ability to monitor my outgoing signal and both have helped me keep an active eye on my signals and equipment overall...

If you're considering using an oscilloscope to do serious monitoring of your station, then don't hesitate to contact Tyler at CleanRF Systems. The website is packed with information and the products are top notch.. Well worth the price and the piece of mind they bring.....

Feel free to check out my QRZ page and scroll down to see the units monitoring my equipment..

Steve NS3L