Reviews Categories | Ham Work Bench Tools & Test Equipment | CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS Help

Reviews Summary for CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS
CLEAN RF   VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS Reviews: 16 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS
SPLATTER VIEW
AM MODULATION MONITOR
Various models and combos.
More info: http://www.cleanrf.com/index.html

You can write your own review of the CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS.

N8RWS Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2014 14:46 Send this review to a friend
Great product, well made, reasonably priced  Time owned: more than 12 months
As an amateur radio operator it is our duty to insure the transmitted signal is clean and pure. Initially I used both of the samplers (RF-S5K & RF-D) to provide Splatter View trapezoid monitoring using my oscilloscope. When I first installed the samplers and set my scope to provide the Splatter View, I was surprised how non linear I was operating using my standard tune up procedure. Using the Splatter View monitor it is very easy for me to insure the transmitted signal is pure and clean.

I have found two additional benefits using CleanRF products.

1) AM Audio Monitoring: The AM audio demodulator provides me with a quick easy read on my actual transmitted audio. I use the RF-Ds TRS audio out to drive my computer sound card / mixer. With a simple mouse click, I can monitor my AM transmitted audio in real time with a frequency response of 10 Hz to 16 kHz.
2) PureSignal IMD Reduction: I use the RF-S5Ks BNC output for Splatter View monitoring and to provide post amplifier RF sampling to my ANAN100 SDR transceiver. The RF sample is used by PureSignal IMD reduction software. PureSignal is a technology currently being used with the Apache Labs ANAN SDR transceivers and OpenHPSDR mRX to dramatically reduce IMD. Google PureSignal for more information.

K4LED Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2013 17:40 Send this review to a friend
Great product; well built and WORKS!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great product. Works great and provides the best way to monitor your actual RF output. Giving several ways to view your signal and to detect any problems such as an over driven PA and IMD issues. Fantastic PEP power monitor. Perfect for all voice and digital modes. Would highly recommend this fine product to all hams. NOte: With older scopes such as the Tek 7603 you can get the best X Y display for a trapezooidial dispalyby removing the horizontal module and replaceing it with a vertical module. The RF goes to the V and audio to H.

K6KOI Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2013 07:49 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
An RF sampler is a must if you use an O-Scope, spectrum analyzer, frequency counter, etc. with high output signals. This one does the job and even has a variable output pot which is a bit unusual and rather helpful. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my order included cables as well as a coax adaptor. I was also impressed that before the product was shipped, I received an email inquiry about my intended use to assure the product would meet my needs. After I detailed my intended use, an additional output BNC fitting was added at no additional cost! What a quality company.

N4ULX Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2013 07:42 Send this review to a friend
Model - Variable RF-SM  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Love this product, best support from (Tyler)owner of the company. The product performed exactly as described. Would recommend this product and will purchase more equipment in the future.

K5HG Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2012 15:05 Send this review to a friend
RF-AM excellent product.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I held off purchasing one of these units for some time because of comments about the price. Should have bought it sooner! Great product and well worth the money for several reasons. First, with the external trigger out the scope no longer dances all over the place. Locks right on. The demodulated audio output to the headphones is first-rate. The unit is solidly built. Also, Tyler was very helpful and communicated promptly via phone and email. I would recommend CleanRF's products.

N1NAZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2011 19:21 Send this review to a friend
A Necessity for adjusting Modulation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very well built and a nice addition to the shack. With a scope and the sampler inline you can monitor your modulation and adjust for clean transmissions.. As far as price is concerned, after spending money to setup a nice shack why would you skimp on (quality) test equipment that keeps your transmissions sounding great, and in speck.

KG8LB Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2011 08:03 Send this review to a friend
They work well as claimed . Excellent support.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well done !
Price comments aside, there is a cost for doing business. Clean RF provides a fine website that is a virtual bible on clean RF and audio. The products are very nicely made, fully supported and they do what they claim . Yes, there are many ways to do this, using these products makes the job clean and easy. It would be nice to see scopes and the ability to demonstrate proper use should be mandatory on all SSB rigs, especially when running amplifiers.
The Clean RF products and support are helping to clean up the arirwaves wherever they are in use ! TNX , Clean RF .

K2WS Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2011 14:31 Send this review to a friend
Quality test gear will last a lifetime  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I first got on high power in the mid 60's with 4 837's in Grounded grid I used an HO-10 Monitor scope. Tuning for best linearity was simple using that old scope in trapezoid mode and my HT-37 and 4 837's routinely produced clean SSB, AM and CW signals. I learned very early to AVOID overdriving the finals and tuning for maximum smoke - because it produced a non-linear signal causing splatter and reduced the life of the finals!
Today I use Clean RF's demodulator and RF sampler units with a Tektronix 2225 dual trace scope. The scope presents a large RF trapezoid whenever the linear is on. I depend on the test gear to spot trouble! It doesn't make sense "to cheap it out" here.
Clean RF has produced a quality product that works as advertised and will last a long while.

K5ZYO Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2011 00:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product Quality Manufactured  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered this product from Tyler based on both his well done web pge overview (pics, block diagrams,txt), and a fellow amateur who was already using it who highly recommended it. I already had a Tektronix scope and had previously built my own basic directional coupler, but this one is far superior to mine. Have a home brew amplifier I built (pair 813's), but wondered how the linearity really would look on a good scope when tuning. Now I know, thanks to Tylers excellent product. Also of note, Tyler is very prompt and informative after the sale, when communicating with him via email. I am very happy with this product.

KB9YSJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2011 03:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Tool  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was Tuning my QRO 2500DX for years thinking I was doing it correct. Then I bought the Clean RF samplers because I had a Scope for years and was not using it. I hooked it up and saw my pattern, I saw shocked at how crappy it looked. Not linear at all.I was able to re tune the amp so it was a good trapezoid.I will never be with out the Clean RF sampler again.Now I build my own amps, and this tool helps immensely..Thanks Clean RF, Well made.