Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS Help

Reviews Summary for CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS
CLEAN RF   VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS Reviews: 23 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS
SPLATTER VIEW
AM MODULATION MONITOR
Various models and combos.
More info: http://www.cleanrf.com/index.html

You can write your own review of the CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS.

WK6F Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2016 13:53 Send this review to a friend
tyler gave great help  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tyler will help you till all is operating correctly.
to keep you within 3kHz bandwidth,the need of these rf samplers is a must while running a legal limit amplifier.I was told I WAS 7KHZ WIDE BY A OFFICIAL OBSERVER SO THE NEED TO SEE MY AMP WAS LINEAR IS A MUST. NOW TRANSMITTING WITHIN 3KHZ. you can not go wrong so buy one!

WA4IRE Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2015 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I discovered that my amplifier was not operating in a linear fashion due to improper tuning. It was very easy to correctly tune the amplifier for linear operation by making a test count into the mic and adjusting the amplifier for the classic trapezoid pattern.

It was also very easy to detect amplifier overdrive issues on SSB and AM when viewing
the trapezoidal pattern. Reducing the exciter power output until the trapezoidal pattern looks normal corrects the problem. Adjusting the modulation level to 100% on SSB and AM is
a breeze when monitoring the trapezoidal pattern on the scope.

The Splatter Viewer is a great product and I highly recommend it!

wa4ire

KD1AB Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2015 06:17 Send this review to a friend
No More Guess Works!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
USPS 2nd day Priority became 5th day delivery, and I got RF-S2K / RF-D samplers yesterday. They really work. I have checked all my three amp's linearity ranges. I am working on my microphone settings.
I have been ham for over 50 years - all those years guess works have become no more guess works!!
Nice product, Tyler!

KC4MOP Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2015 06:41 Send this review to a friend
Very Revealing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the Splatter View components. After careful adjustment of the oscilloscope and calibration; it showed me that I have been pushing the linear amp way beyond its capabilities of a nice fully modulated signal. Great for AM and SSB. The 'scope is the only way to REALLY see the absolute PEAK ENVELOPE POWER from the amp. And straight lines in the trapezoid trace. You must follow directions for connecting the units to your station.

NS3L Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2015 13:54 Send this review to a friend
IMHO "Required" for Station monitoring..  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently I purchased two Tektronix scopes (2215A & 2213A) for my multi-station build.. Looking at what is available on the market and seeing that commercially built samplers were available, I contacted Tyler at CleanRF. After a short time and a very productive conversation I ordered the RF-S2K (2KW Variable RF Sampler & Demodulator system) which is now connected to my Tek 2215A.

I'm now able to see exactly what the signal quality was at position #1 with my IC-7600 and ACOM 600S Linear during transmission. I was able to see visually the PEP envelope and various wave forms of my signal.

After receiving the samplers a few days later, I was able for the first time to really see what my station was doing and they helped me identify some incorrect settings that required tweaking. The quality of my transmitted signal is far better now since the samplers were added.

The CleanRF system works.. Connected to your equipment then to your oscilloscope, it gives you a clear picture of what your station's transmitting and what the wave forms look like..

For my position #2, I've also recently purchased a RF-SM Station Monitor from Tyler so I could monitor my non-linear IC-7000 connected to my Tek 2213A. Again, I now have the ability to monitor my outgoing signal and both have helped me keep an active eye on my signals and equipment overall...

If you're considering using an oscilloscope to do serious monitoring of your station, then don't hesitate to contact Tyler at CleanRF Systems. The website is packed with information and the products are top notch.. Well worth the price and the piece of mind they bring.....

Feel free to check out my QRZ page and scroll down to see the units monitoring my equipment..

Steve NS3L
Nazareth, Pa.

W3AFC Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2015 10:58 Send this review to a friend
A "Must-Have"  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works great, just as advertised. I have the RF-AM1K model with the variable AM audio and RF out + scope trigger ports. Very professional workmanship. Using a splitter/combiner, I can send the sample RF out to my Tek scope, AND my Hammarlund HQ-170C receiver. The 170 has an RF control that lets me use it even with my 400 watt Swan 700 rigs. So I can not only SEE my SSB output, but I can HEAR it as well. Tyler mentioned that these units were not intended for that use, but I had to give it a try and it works! And of course the scope trigger and AM audio functions work perfectly also. I'm glad I bought one!

WU2O Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2014 07:32 Send this review to a friend
Model RF-S2K  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works as advertised. Had a problem with a cable on delivery and Tyler made it more than right, and quickly. He certainly stands behind his product.

N8RWS Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2014 14:46 Send this review to a friend
Great product, well made, reasonably priced  Time owned: more than 12 months
As an amateur radio operator it is our duty to insure the transmitted signal is clean and pure. Initially I used both of the samplers (RF-S5K & RF-D) to provide Splatter View trapezoid monitoring using my oscilloscope. When I first installed the samplers and set my scope to provide the Splatter View, I was surprised how non linear I was operating using my standard tune up procedure. Using the Splatter View monitor it is very easy for me to insure the transmitted signal is pure and clean.

I have found two additional benefits using CleanRF products.

1) AM Audio Monitoring: The AM audio demodulator provides me with a quick easy read on my actual transmitted audio. I use the RF-Ds TRS audio out to drive my computer sound card / mixer. With a simple mouse click, I can monitor my AM transmitted audio in real time with a frequency response of 10 Hz to 16 kHz.
2) PureSignal IMD Reduction: I use the RF-S5Ks BNC output for Splatter View monitoring and to provide post amplifier RF sampling to my ANAN100 SDR transceiver. The RF sample is used by PureSignal IMD reduction software. PureSignal is a technology currently being used with the Apache Labs ANAN SDR transceivers and OpenHPSDR mRX to dramatically reduce IMD. Google PureSignal for more information.

K4LED Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2013 17:40 Send this review to a friend
Great product; well built and WORKS!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great product. Works great and provides the best way to monitor your actual RF output. Giving several ways to view your signal and to detect any problems such as an over driven PA and IMD issues. Fantastic PEP power monitor. Perfect for all voice and digital modes. Would highly recommend this fine product to all hams. NOte: With older scopes such as the Tek 7603 you can get the best X Y display for a trapezooidial dispalyby removing the horizontal module and replaceing it with a vertical module. The RF goes to the V and audio to H.

K6KOI Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2013 07:49 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
An RF sampler is a must if you use an O-Scope, spectrum analyzer, frequency counter, etc. with high output signals. This one does the job and even has a variable output pot which is a bit unusual and rather helpful. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my order included cables as well as a coax adaptor. I was also impressed that before the product was shipped, I received an email inquiry about my intended use to assure the product would meet my needs. After I detailed my intended use, an additional output BNC fitting was added at no additional cost! What a quality company.