Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS Help

Reviews Summary for CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS
CLEAN RF   VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS Reviews: 23 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS
SPLATTER VIEW
AM MODULATION MONITOR
Various models and combos.
More info: http://www.cleanrf.com/index.html

You can write your own review of the CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS.

N4ULX Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2013 07:42 Send this review to a friend
Model - Variable RF-SM  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Love this product, best support from (Tyler)owner of the company. The product performed exactly as described. Would recommend this product and will purchase more equipment in the future.

K5HG Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2012 15:05 Send this review to a friend
RF-AM excellent product.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I held off purchasing one of these units for some time because of comments about the price. Should have bought it sooner! Great product and well worth the money for several reasons. First, with the external trigger out the scope no longer dances all over the place. Locks right on. The demodulated audio output to the headphones is first-rate. The unit is solidly built. Also, Tyler was very helpful and communicated promptly via phone and email. I would recommend CleanRF's products.

N1NAZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2011 19:21 Send this review to a friend
A Necessity for adjusting Modulation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very well built and a nice addition to the shack. With a scope and the sampler inline you can monitor your modulation and adjust for clean transmissions.. As far as price is concerned, after spending money to setup a nice shack why would you skimp on (quality) test equipment that keeps your transmissions sounding great, and in speck.

KG8LB Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2011 08:03 Send this review to a friend
They work well as claimed . Excellent support.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well done !
Price comments aside, there is a cost for doing business. Clean RF provides a fine website that is a virtual bible on clean RF and audio. The products are very nicely made, fully supported and they do what they claim . Yes, there are many ways to do this, using these products makes the job clean and easy. It would be nice to see scopes and the ability to demonstrate proper use should be mandatory on all SSB rigs, especially when running amplifiers.
The Clean RF products and support are helping to clean up the arirwaves wherever they are in use ! TNX , Clean RF .

K2WS Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2011 14:31 Send this review to a friend
Quality test gear will last a lifetime  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I first got on high power in the mid 60's with 4 837's in Grounded grid I used an HO-10 Monitor scope. Tuning for best linearity was simple using that old scope in trapezoid mode and my HT-37 and 4 837's routinely produced clean SSB, AM and CW signals. I learned very early to AVOID overdriving the finals and tuning for maximum smoke - because it produced a non-linear signal causing splatter and reduced the life of the finals!
Today I use Clean RF's demodulator and RF sampler units with a Tektronix 2225 dual trace scope. The scope presents a large RF trapezoid whenever the linear is on. I depend on the test gear to spot trouble! It doesn't make sense "to cheap it out" here.
Clean RF has produced a quality product that works as advertised and will last a long while.

K5ZYO Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2011 00:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product Quality Manufactured  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered this product from Tyler based on both his well done web pge overview (pics, block diagrams,txt), and a fellow amateur who was already using it who highly recommended it. I already had a Tektronix scope and had previously built my own basic directional coupler, but this one is far superior to mine. Have a home brew amplifier I built (pair 813's), but wondered how the linearity really would look on a good scope when tuning. Now I know, thanks to Tylers excellent product. Also of note, Tyler is very prompt and informative after the sale, when communicating with him via email. I am very happy with this product.

KB9YSJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2011 03:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Tool  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was Tuning my QRO 2500DX for years thinking I was doing it correct. Then I bought the Clean RF samplers because I had a Scope for years and was not using it. I hooked it up and saw my pattern, I saw shocked at how crappy it looked. Not linear at all.I was able to re tune the amp so it was a good trapezoid.I will never be with out the Clean RF sampler again.Now I build my own amps, and this tool helps immensely..Thanks Clean RF, Well made.

AC8DE Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2011 07:40 Send this review to a friend
Well Made Product, Well Supported  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
These products work very well. They are well made with high quality components. They work exactly as advertised and can be tweaked easily for any set-up quickly. I was looking to make such boxes knowing the time it would take when I found these from Clean RF. I am glad I found them commercially available.

What I paid for these boxes is a fair value at todayís costs, for the time it would take to DIY it. For the day I would lose to make them and still not end up with such a well made and nice looking end product, it was worth the $200+.

As far as I know, he makes the only commercially available product like this for a reasonable cost. (Since station monitors are no longer in vogue, you canít find such devices anymore.)

Recap - A very well made product. Does what the manufacturer claims it will do. The manufacturer supports them well and everything is well documented. Custom parts high quality parts are used in the manufacture. I didnít have to experiment for week to make them, because I certainly donít have the time to do so. Kudos Tyler. Take Ďem to Hamvention for the masses! Lots of us hams use amplifiers and still there are too many splattering on the bands since they have no way of monitoring their ampsí outputs.

KE7TRP Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2010 19:59 Send this review to a friend
Got AM5K. Love it! Great product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used old style RF pickup for my O scope and I also used typical ham monitor scopes like the Yo100 and SB610.

I found this product and thought I would give it a try. The AM5K has features that others do not. There is an audio output so you can monitor your RF without using a Reciever. You also get a variable output for the feed to the scope. This unit also has a Trigger output for your scope. This produces a nice clean picture that is in sync with your voice. You can also set your scope so that the picture is blank and when you key up, the scope shows your RF envelope.

Even after having a nice watt meter (power master) I found my SSB station was out of tune. After I saw the pattern and retuned the amp, I was shocked at how clean my pattern was. I came on the morning net and people actualy noticed without me even mentioning a change.

For AM use this is really mandatory now. I can tune up any of my AM transmitters with ease and watch my envelope to KNOW, I have a clean signal.

You can build your own pickup, but realize what the extra features of this unit do before you waste your time!

K3GC Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2009 10:47 Send this review to a friend
Well worth it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I read the reviews that complained about cost. I think this criticism misses the boat. First of all, Splatterview 2k does exactly what it says it will do.
It monitors thew linearity of the amplifier signal and does it well.
If you have the knowledge and ability to build your own you should do so. I went into this barely knowing what an oscilliscope looked like far less having the ability to make it work.
Tyler was extremely helpful both pre-sale and post-sale and got me up and running with minimum effort. It would have taken me literally weeks without his support.
The value of a product is as much in quality and support as the actual cost of the parts.
I could not be more pleased and recommend the Splatterview product to anyone who wants to take control of their signal and have the comfort of knowing it is clean.