Reviews Categories | Ham Work Bench Tools & Test Equipment | CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS Help

Reviews Summary for CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS
CLEAN RF   VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS Reviews: 17 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS
SPLATTER VIEW
AM MODULATION MONITOR
Various models and combos.
More info: http://www.cleanrf.com/index.html

You can write your own review of the CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS.

KB9YSJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2011 03:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Tool  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was Tuning my QRO 2500DX for years thinking I was doing it correct. Then I bought the Clean RF samplers because I had a Scope for years and was not using it. I hooked it up and saw my pattern, I saw shocked at how crappy it looked. Not linear at all.I was able to re tune the amp so it was a good trapezoid.I will never be with out the Clean RF sampler again.Now I build my own amps, and this tool helps immensely..Thanks Clean RF, Well made.

AC8DE Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2011 07:40 Send this review to a friend
Well Made Product, Well Supported  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
These products work very well. They are well made with high quality components. They work exactly as advertised and can be tweaked easily for any set-up quickly. I was looking to make such boxes knowing the time it would take when I found these from Clean RF. I am glad I found them commercially available.

What I paid for these boxes is a fair value at todayís costs, for the time it would take to DIY it. For the day I would lose to make them and still not end up with such a well made and nice looking end product, it was worth the $200+.

As far as I know, he makes the only commercially available product like this for a reasonable cost. (Since station monitors are no longer in vogue, you canít find such devices anymore.)

Recap - A very well made product. Does what the manufacturer claims it will do. The manufacturer supports them well and everything is well documented. Custom parts high quality parts are used in the manufacture. I didnít have to experiment for week to make them, because I certainly donít have the time to do so. Kudos Tyler. Take Ďem to Hamvention for the masses! Lots of us hams use amplifiers and still there are too many splattering on the bands since they have no way of monitoring their ampsí outputs.

KE7TRP Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2010 19:59 Send this review to a friend
Got AM5K. Love it! Great product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used old style RF pickup for my O scope and I also used typical ham monitor scopes like the Yo100 and SB610.

I found this product and thought I would give it a try. The AM5K has features that others do not. There is an audio output so you can monitor your RF without using a Reciever. You also get a variable output for the feed to the scope. This unit also has a Trigger output for your scope. This produces a nice clean picture that is in sync with your voice. You can also set your scope so that the picture is blank and when you key up, the scope shows your RF envelope.

Even after having a nice watt meter (power master) I found my SSB station was out of tune. After I saw the pattern and retuned the amp, I was shocked at how clean my pattern was. I came on the morning net and people actualy noticed without me even mentioning a change.

For AM use this is really mandatory now. I can tune up any of my AM transmitters with ease and watch my envelope to KNOW, I have a clean signal.

You can build your own pickup, but realize what the extra features of this unit do before you waste your time!

K3GC Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2009 10:47 Send this review to a friend
Well worth it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I read the reviews that complained about cost. I think this criticism misses the boat. First of all, Splatterview 2k does exactly what it says it will do.
It monitors thew linearity of the amplifier signal and does it well.
If you have the knowledge and ability to build your own you should do so. I went into this barely knowing what an oscilliscope looked like far less having the ability to make it work.
Tyler was extremely helpful both pre-sale and post-sale and got me up and running with minimum effort. It would have taken me literally weeks without his support.
The value of a product is as much in quality and support as the actual cost of the parts.
I could not be more pleased and recommend the Splatterview product to anyone who wants to take control of their signal and have the comfort of knowing it is clean.

NU9N Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2009 16:36 Send this review to a friend
An Excellent Accessory For Any Ham Shack!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The CleanRF RF Demodulators and RF Samplers work as advertized and are an excellent value for anyone needing precise monitoring of their RF envelope or amplifier linearity.

While the inside components are basic, they are high quality and are the exact values needed to properly calibrate for the power being used.

Yes, you could build your own RF sampler or RF demodulator and save a few bucks, but for those who want to just plug and play, these units are very simple to install. By time you purchased all of the parts (case, components, cables, and adapters needed), the time and cost to build one yourself starts to add up.

I have owned my "Splatter View" for over two years, trouble free, and have found it an indispensible part of my RF monitoring, knowing what's going on at every instant.

As far as I'm concerned, every serious ham should have the ability to properly monitor their RF signals, and these units make it simple to do so when used in conjunction with a good oscilloscope.

-John Anning, NU9N

N0SP Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2008 19:09 Send this review to a friend
Exactly as advertised  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two of these units, one for AM transmission, other for SSB use with the amplifier. This unit is a quick, clean, easy way to interface your station with an oscilliscope. Not much is "cheap" these days, (except for some hams) it's not made in China, looks sharp, takes up little space and come complete with every connector and cable needed for immediate installation. You don't have to buy ANYTHING to put this to work. Instructions are easy to understand.
As for the previous reviewer's negative comments... notice he says nothing about it's performance. He complains "I could have built it myself!" Yes, I knew from the start that I could home-brew it. Many of us can home-brew lots of things we buy. I saw hams with home built demods for their trapezoid display when I was 13 years old. This AB9 guy (BTW, his call not in database) was evidently unaware that it's a pretty simple circuit. I remember teasing a ham who paid $39 for the "RX Noise Bridge"... I opened it up and found a bunch of styrofoam, two diodes, a resistor, and a pot. He simply said "It does what I want"... Well, so does the CleanRF gadget. Works fine.

W4VOL Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2007 09:11 Send this review to a friend
Unique, great idea!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Any amp, if not adjusted properly, can be capable of casuing splatter. The Splatter View enables you to adjust your amplifier so that it is in fact linear. The Splatter View consists of two boxes. The coax from your rig goes to one box and from there goes to your amp imput. The output of your amp goes to the other box, and from there goes to your antenna or antenna tuner. The output of each box goes to scope input. Splatter View makes it ultra-easy to peak your amp and at the same time maintain a perfect trapezoid pattern. The reason I give it a 5 is that it works perfectly, is a no-brainer to install, and absolutely guarantees that you are able to operate knowing that you are not splattering. The units are of highest quality construction and work easily as advertised. I know of nothing comparable on the market at this time.