Reviews Categories | Ham radio kits | HAMKITT TM-V7A DISPLAY MOD & FIX Help

Reviews Summary for HAMKITT TM-V7A DISPLAY MOD & FIX
HAMKITT  TM-V7A DISPLAY MOD & FIX Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$34.95
Description: I have developed a very successful modification to the troubled Kenwood TM-V7A. This Mod allows that blurry & dimming blue dispaly to pop out to be Nice and bright and three toned for better overall contrast.. This Modification wont take away all of the dreaded lcd lines that comes from aging lcd/ic' in the radio giving out.. But if your radio has been dimming and is hard to read in daylight or just a pain... This modification will fix the radios display better than
when it left Kenwood the day it was brand new...

THIS KIT INCLUDES ALL THE PARTS YOU NEED
TO FIX YOUR TM-V7A DISPLAY!!!
More info: http://www.hamkitt.com

You can write your own review of the HAMKITT TM-V7A DISPLAY MOD & FIX.

KB0QDX Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2013 04:33 Send this review to a friend
Lights for Kenwood TM V7  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Brighten the display up so it can be seen in the sunlight. Kit was easy to install and instructions were well written. Pay attention to the polarity of the LED or you get to do it again. Did 4 displays and all work great.

KD7OLP Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2013 18:24 Send this review to a friend
Display led upgrade.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My display went dim shortly after the radio was new. It kept getting worse until almost useless. I like the radio and the features.
I purchased this kit a couple of years ago. I just now got up the nerve to take the iron to my radio.
The directions were spot on, well written with clear pictures as well as some possible problems to look for. I can't believe how nice the display is now. Well worth the cost and effort.

PE1PQX Rating: 4/5 Sep 28, 2012 08:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent MOD  Time owned: months
As others already stated: display is clear and very good readable!

Works also on the TM-V7e (Euro model)
Fast and good delivery.

One drawback: I think bright white 3mm leds could also do the trick, that is why a 4/5.

W5AKU Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2012 13:03 Send this review to a friend
Unbelievable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Kenwood TMV-7A was headed for the Junk-Box until i installed the kit. The results are amazing, the display is better now, than it was ,new, out of the box. A super improvement for a good price and a small effort. TNX JOE.

AA2YS Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2012 11:08 Send this review to a friend
Works fine  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the TM-V7a kit, and had it in my hands within a couple of days.

The instructions were fast, clear, and well done. After installing the replacement LEDs, my head unit is MUCH MUCH brighter and more readable.

No complaints at all. I'd be happy to recommend this kit to anyone with a dim display.

W3TWG Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2012 06:54 Send this review to a friend
Inexpensive brick revival!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Someone turned me on to this exact page and I looked at the HAMKITT site, paid for the kit and had it in my hands in a matter of days. Installation was as simple as everyone says it is, and if you are visually impaired or otherwise not trustful of yourself to not muck it up, it is no time at all and for that matter very little money to have a local tech do the job.
The face of my TM-V7 came out as advertized, and it is now my easily seen fixed station VHF/UHF rig.
Thanks Joe/W0IW!

All the BEST! - Mike/W3TWG

KG6LSB Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2011 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Great fix for an annoying problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've successfully revived 5 V7A radios with this kit. The full color instructions are so detailed that it is almost impossible to make a mistake.
Joe gives super fast service if you have questions or need more leds.

WA6E Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2011 12:16 Send this review to a friend
Great product.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Kenwood TM-7V's had the dim display problem - in fact you could hardly read the display at all. Bought and installed this kit and all was again well. The display is again bright and clear whether in reverse or positive mode. Easy to follow instructions made this mod a breeze. If you aren't comfortable with a soldering iron you might ask a friend for help. Otherwise no great problem installing. I recommend this mod to anybody with the Kenwood TM-7V display issue.

WA7EBH Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2011 19:38 Send this review to a friend
Great kit and instructions.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easy to follow color photo instructions. Completed two radios in about 30 minutes. Great kit, good price.

KE4U Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2011 05:32 Send this review to a friend
Great fix!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The kit was complete, straightforward to follow instructions and once completed the display brightness was better than new. I can see the dislay in the car with my polarized sunglasses. The price is right and covers the engineering and support. The LED cost is just a couple of dollars or so.

Well worth the purchase!