Reviews Categories | Ham radio kits | HAMKIT TM-V7A DISPLAY MOD & FIX Help

Reviews Summary for HAMKIT TM-V7A DISPLAY MOD & FIX
HAMKIT  TM-V7A DISPLAY MOD & FIX Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$34.95
Description: I have developed a very successful modification to the troubled Kenwood TM-V7A. This Mod allows that blurry & dimming blue dispaly to pop out to be Nice and bright and three toned for better overall contrast.. This Modification wont take away all of the dreaded lcd lines that comes from aging lcd/ic' in the radio giving out.. But if your radio has been dimming and is hard to read in daylight or just a pain... This modification will fix the radios display better than
when it left Kenwood the day it was brand new...

THIS KIT INCLUDES ALL THE PARTS YOU NEED
TO FIX YOUR TM-V7A DISPLAY!!!
More info: http://www.hamkit.com

You can write your own review of the HAMKIT TM-V7A DISPLAY MOD & FIX.

K4VBB Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2016 21:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Kit, Good Results  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Firstly, the installation is rather straightforward, and does not take an overt amount of skill to perform. The kit comes with 1 extra LED just in case you mess up, which I did. Pay close attention to the orientation of the LED, as there is an Anode and Cathode side, and they do not work in reverse.
The instructions are excellent, as are the results. The improvement is so vast that I cannot stop looking at the display. This in an excellent solution to such a disappointing problem.

W7SFO Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2016 08:44 Send this review to a friend
WOW WOW WOW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I really hated my TM-V7 for one reason. The display. Even in the shack I had to adjust the display as it warmed up.

On a friends advice I ordered the kit from HAMKIT.

Took me a hour and a half to do the entire job.
The moment I turned the radio on I was IMPRESSED! This has transformed my TM-V7 into a whole new radio!

If ya don't like your TM-V7 display and hate having to adjust the contrast, this mod is for you.

I am by no means a electronics expert, but following the detailed instructions and not rushing it I had fantastic results on the first try.

N7IGW Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2015 22:34 Send this review to a friend
Awesome product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The display in my V7a was getting dim, this kit solved the problem and made the display bright a very clear
Now it is very easy to read in any light
The instructions with the kit are very well written and easy to follow I had no problem replacing the leds and I am 71 with not so good eyesight.
You will need a good small soldering iron not a rat shack cheepo
I used a Hakko FX 901p and it worked very well

n7igw Ed

AK4YW Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2015 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Great product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am an older ham needing reading glasses with shaky hands... If I can do it, you can. This kit has well written instructions on how to do the mod, and he even includes solder and copper braid in case you over-solder. The improvement in the display is amazing.

KB0QDX Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2013 04:33 Send this review to a friend
Lights for Kenwood TM V7  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Brighten the display up so it can be seen in the sunlight. Kit was easy to install and instructions were well written. Pay attention to the polarity of the LED or you get to do it again. Did 4 displays and all work great.

KD7OLP Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2013 18:24 Send this review to a friend
Display led upgrade.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My display went dim shortly after the radio was new. It kept getting worse until almost useless. I like the radio and the features.
I purchased this kit a couple of years ago. I just now got up the nerve to take the iron to my radio.
The directions were spot on, well written with clear pictures as well as some possible problems to look for. I can't believe how nice the display is now. Well worth the cost and effort.

PE1PQX Rating: 4/5 Sep 28, 2012 08:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent MOD  Time owned: months
As others already stated: display is clear and very good readable!

Works also on the TM-V7e (Euro model)
Fast and good delivery.

One drawback: I think bright white 3mm leds could also do the trick, that is why a 4/5.

W5AKU Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2012 13:03 Send this review to a friend
Unbelievable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Kenwood TMV-7A was headed for the Junk-Box until i installed the kit. The results are amazing, the display is better now, than it was ,new, out of the box. A super improvement for a good price and a small effort. TNX JOE.

AA2YS Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2012 11:08 Send this review to a friend
Works fine  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the TM-V7a kit, and had it in my hands within a couple of days.

The instructions were fast, clear, and well done. After installing the replacement LEDs, my head unit is MUCH MUCH brighter and more readable.

No complaints at all. I'd be happy to recommend this kit to anyone with a dim display.

W3TWG Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2012 06:54 Send this review to a friend
Inexpensive brick revival!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Someone turned me on to this exact page and I looked at the HAMKITT site, paid for the kit and had it in my hands in a matter of days. Installation was as simple as everyone says it is, and if you are visually impaired or otherwise not trustful of yourself to not muck it up, it is no time at all and for that matter very little money to have a local tech do the job.
The face of my TM-V7 came out as advertized, and it is now my easily seen fixed station VHF/UHF rig.
Thanks Joe/W0IW!