Reviews Categories | Receive Accessories | K1FZ KB5 FLAG ANTENNA TRANSFORMER Help

Reviews Summary for K1FZ KB5 FLAG ANTENNA TRANSFORMER
K1FZ KB5 FLAG ANTENNA TRANSFORMER Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $~ $70.00
Description: Bruce Clark makes an excellent transformer for FLAG and Pennant receive antennas.

The KB-5
includes:
* 900 ohm balanced low capacitance primary antenna connection.

* Separate 180 degree physical isolated 50 ohm coax feed secondary.

* Same high quality as other K1FZ products.

* The KB-5 uses a FT140-77 core as well as a non inductive termination resistor with each KB-5 transformer . The resistance value is customized to the users needs.

Clark Electronics
65 Patterson Hill Road
Belfast, ME 04915 USA
Tel. (207) 338-0474
k1fz@MyFairPoint.net
PayPal accepted (www.paypal.com)

Bruce is easy to contact and will share info and suggestions with you.
More info: http://www.qsl.net/k1fz/kb5/index.html

You can write your own review of the K1FZ KB5 FLAG ANTENNA TRANSFORMER.

W9BB Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2009 05:27 Send this review to a friend
Works Great! Thanks Bruce!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don't know what happened to my review but here goes again.

I recently erected a FLAG antenna for 160 Meter receive but found it still kinda deaf. I stumbled across Bruce's website and contacted Bruce about my set up.

Turns out the transformer I was using was either defective or not appropriate for the FLAG antenna, contrary to what that company posted.

I obtained Bruce's KB5 and WOW. What a big, big difference! Noise is low and receive signals are way up. Are they S-5? No. But with no or low noise, an S-1/2 signal is easily diecernible.

Bruce will answer questions, offer suggestions and help you out. Thanks fro Bruce, I am on the right track now whereas before, I wasn't hearing much and contemplating taking the FLAG antenna down.

Thanks Bruce! I really appreciate your help!!!