Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Log Window Help

Reviews Summary for Log Window
Log Window Reviews: 35 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $89.95
Description: Log Window is a Windows based software program designed for the specific use of Amateur Radio operators to keep a log of the contacts that were made with other radio operators around the world.

Log Window is designed to be used in Amateur Radio contests, Emergency situations, and for general record keeping of conversations with friends around the world.

More info: http://www.logwindow.com

You can write your own review of the Log Window.

WB5ZIF Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2004 11:19 Send this review to a friend
Support IS there  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had some problems loading my callbook on to my hard drive. Contacted SCO and Les worked with me until we got the problem solved. He is there and ready and willing to work with you. We discovered that QRZ does not work well with Log Widow. Recommend a different callbook. Give log window a chance and you will be glad you did. Very easy to operate.

NK7J Rating: 3/5 Dec 31, 2003 15:41 Send this review to a friend
Fair to OK.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well I have been using this program for several years now. I just recently upgraded from version 3.7xx to the latest 4. something. I was suprised to find some of the same bugs the earlier one had. One is using the keypad to enter RST while trying to control a radio. It automatically dumps you back to the frequency field and instead of 14.231 you now have 59 as a frequency. This to me is VERY annoying to say the least. It is a very stable program for the most part but I ran into another glitch, I cannot bring up my logbook that I was using on the previous version, it just comes up gibirish.
For the money there are much better programs. I recently switched over to ACLOG for several times lower cost. It works good and for me is layed out better.
The support for LOGWINDOW is ok, I have emailed SCO several times with problems and do get a quick response but not usually very helpful. For instance I emailed him with a complaint about everytime I used the TAB key to move between fields I got an error. The response was "logwindow does not support the use of the TAB key". What? Since when? Almost all windows programs use the tab key! Well come to find out I had a virus cuasing all kinds of wierd problems but not knowing your own software supports TAB is a bit strange. I have had several questions about the program and the responses have been about the same caliber.
So in short if it were I, I would save some bucks and look elsewhere.
Jack

KC4TVN Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2003 21:45 Send this review to a friend
A word about support  Time owned: more than 12 months
The vast majority of reviews are very favorable. There's no question the software is a solid product. The issue since December of 02 has been concern about support. I just wanted people to know I had a very positive experience recently when I bought a new computer. Support was quick and helpful. I plan to use Log Window for the forseeable future and look forward to the next upgrade.

KB0NAZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2003 15:31 Send this review to a friend
STILL THE BEST  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is by far still the best logger there is!! I have used this for years with dozens of different radios from all manufactures,Kenwood,Icom,Yaesu.. The only "improvement" should have been to allow autolog contacts in realtime with MixW and Digipan instead of the sorry integrated PSK in version 4.it does work,I just prefer to use Digipan.All in all,an excellent logging program.someone needs to step in and continue support for this fine logger..

KE4HBE Rating: 2/5 Dec 27, 2002 01:24 Send this review to a friend
Uh-Oh  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I really like the program alot, I used it for 6 mos with a ft-840 and no problems, got a ft-920 and it won't control the rig, so I email for support and was directed to a email reflector that I cannot get to for the solution, very disappointing. I give it a "2-needs help" because thats what I need with this and cannot find any....

WA3KTZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2002 11:54 Send this review to a friend
It Does the Job Well  Time owned: more than 12 months
I hope someone will post where we should go for support after 12/1/02! The product does more than I need, is easy to use, and up to this point, has good tech support. I'd like to know where we can go to make sure that the software's data base can be updated as needed.

KC8RQH Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2002 13:32 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It has all the features that I need. I have been using this software for 8 months and I love it. It can turn my beam, it has dx clusters built in,
WAZ, WAS, DXCC, US-CA, VUCC, IOTA, CQ ZONES. Awards the best program there is.

KC8RQH

VE3YF Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2002 12:25 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Logging Program  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using Log Windows for the last 3 or 4 years and this software is an excellent performer. I have never had lockups of any kind under Windows 98 and ME systems. It has worked flawlessly on a daily basis. The product support has been excellent from the beginning and still the same today. Rick at CSS always answers questions promptly and even invites a wish list from the users. This program meets all the needs that I and sure others want in a logging program. I am currently using the latest version and can't wait for an updated version to come out to futher enhance my shack.

W7BX Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2002 12:12 Send this review to a friend
Solid performance - SUPERIOR support  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bells and whistles are always great .. but solid functionality and performance combined with superior (and prompt) technical support make LogWindows worth buying.

I have not tried all the leading software programs ... but I did do some research. I love technology, but do NOT want a half-dozen windows all over the place for my logging ... one or two are all I want to see. I've been an LW user for both the 16-bit version (3.07.35.02 is great) and the newer 32-bit version (4.03.03) which has the best future for enhancements. The 32-bit version lets me do all kinds of log sorting with my 27,000 plus QSOs, which I could not do on the 16-bit version. I love having rig control, packet cluster support, callbook CD interface, rotor control and now integrated PSK31 support. I'm now truly an automated appliance operator! There have been some hiccups in the development, but what other program has FULL-TIME technical support? Rick, W4PC at CSSinc. has responded to issues and problems very quickly ... occasionally within minutes ... even after midnite .. but that should be (but isn't) rare. ;-) The program is a truly solid performer and does everything I need for DXCC, WAZ and WAS award chasing. County Hunting and IOTA chasing are supported ... but if you're really serious about those awards, you'll probably need the "official" record books published by the respective award sponsors.

Bottom line: the most important aspect of purchasing LogWindows, or most any important software, should be its functionality, reliabilty and ... technical support. The LogWindows technical support is superior to any software product I have ever purchased .. ham radio related or not. When I see a bug or other issue come up .. I KNOW it will be resolved, so I have no fear .. can't say the same for other products I've purchased. LogWindows (4.03.03) Buy it .. you'll like it. 73, Sandy W7BX@arrl.net

KA6DWN Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2002 15:03 Send this review to a friend
User friendly  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very easy to use. Works great with Ken TS2000. Customer service from Rick, OUTSTANDING. Waiting for final release of version 4.0.