Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Voice Master Pro Communicatios Speaker Help

Reviews Summary for Voice Master Pro Communicatios Speaker
Voice Master Pro Communicatios Speaker Reviews: 25 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $129.95
Description: External communications speaker specifically designed for SSB, FM. AM and CW.
More info: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180519356359&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT.

You can write your own review of the Voice Master Pro Communicatios Speaker.

KJ7CY Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2013 12:56 Send this review to a friend
Nice Sounding Speaker  Time owned: more than 12 months
I did not accept the $5.00 refund in order to leave this review. I have owned this speaker for a little over a year now and I am very pleased with it. I have used it on a Ten Tec Orion, Omni C, and Corsair II as well as a Yaesu FT-100D. The speaker is built of high quality stained wood, and the cabinet looks very nice. It is fairly large and heavy so it will not slide off the desk. I have used it on SSB,CW,FM,and AM with great results. It has just the right amount of lows and highs for communication with out the high frequency hiss that comes from a lot of speakers I have used in the past. It is a great improvement over the Yaesu External Speaker with the filters built in that I was using before I got this one. A bit spendy but worth it for me.

K1PJR Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2013 07:21 Send this review to a friend
Very nice speaker  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had this speaker since March. Much better than the internal one which is obvious. I have nothing to compare it to but it does sound very nice. I have no complaints. It is built very well. Very solid. It sits in a shelf above my radio at ear level right in front if me. The black wood cabinet will compliment any station. I'm happy!

NA6D Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2013 18:54 Send this review to a friend
Very well made and sounds great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very quick shipping and well packaged. When I pulled it out of the box, I was impressed with the cabinet build and the appearance of the speaker overall. Hooked it up to an old Ten Tec Omni 6 plus and was a huge improvement over the rig's internal speaker. The audio presentation on SSB is very good, not too many highs or lows. It seems to be an accurate speaker in terms of frequency response. I am pleased with my purchase. It looks really good on my operating desk.

KA9HJZ Rating: 4/5 Nov 6, 2012 15:39 Send this review to a friend
nice looking very well made  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I dont know what kind of speakers other hams were useing to be able to say WOW or best speaker i ever had. its a good speaker nice looking and wont slide off of your shelf or desk but for me its a 4, i didnt use test instruments to check the sound quality. I just used my ears, i also asked others to listen to it and got the same responce as mine. i wired up two old speakers i had, one about a 7 inch and the other a 9 inch and hooked them up in parallel and put one on each side of me about 3 feet from my head and wow, thats a nice speaker system.I will admit i like a more trebel sound for voice. My headphones still work the best for me. i also have a ten tec speaker and a kenwood sp-31 which are good but nothing to brag about. but if you want something thats well built, has a decent sound and looks good in ur shack, get a voice master.there is no money involved in my review.I used a Ten Tec Jupiter to test it.

N8DUY Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2012 15:45 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME SPEAKER!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used MANY speakers in my 35+ years of radio and this speaker is just AWESOME! On SSB the voice response is just incredible! On CW (800hz) the speaker reproduces the tone without oscillating the speaker enclosure like so many factory models do. For the best performance as an audio engineer I recommend putting the speaker directly in front of your operating position. Every room acoustics are different so you might want to experiment. Setting your radio up with the proper filter settings will also make it sound even better! In my operating position it is almost like wearing head phones and visitors can hear good clean audio! The speaker is VERY WELL constructed and looks like it was made for my shack!

KD0UTQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2012 11:29 Send this review to a friend
My ears have never been happier!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I’ve positioned and played with my Voicemaster Pro speaker and must admit that my other speakers will gather dust. I was extremely glad to “HEAR” that my JRC-nrd 545DSP tone control actually worked and wasn’t useless. Alan, was very responsive and I was very pleased with the transaction. The quality of the speaker construction is much better than the photo depicts. The wood is black stained hinting the wood grain beneath it and finished as well a piece of expensive furniture. The speaker grill stands forward about a half inch from the frame and is beveled all around covered with black grill cloth. My ears have never been happier. Thanks Alan.

N7QZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2012 08:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Asset to My Station  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had the Voicemaster speaker long enough to evaluate it, as an outstanding asset to my station. The Voicemaster brings all contacts to within an easy armchair listning. I can easily hear the weak stations without straining my ears. I cannot say enough about how well this has helped my hearing and getting the tough contacts. Voicemaster is easy to hookup and no knobs to turn for sound adjustments, it pulls in the station as if it were right there. I have tried several other speakers and the Voicemaster definitely is the only one I would recommend to my friends.

WB5HAK Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2012 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Product, Fast Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was at the point of selling my K3/100. I just couldn't find a combination of speaker or speakers that made it sound like I wanted the rig to sound. A friend had recommended the Voice Master Pro to me before, and I decided to give it a try. With the 30 day guarantee, all I could lose was shipping costs. Well, now the K3 sounds just fine and gets a reprieve. I am sure that this speaker will get a LOT of use with my other rigs. You will see some of my other manufacturer's speakers for sale, but NOT this one!! The Voice Master Pro will become the shack speaker (unless I buy yet another one of them for other places in the shack!!). Thanks for a great product, and the fast shipping you provided, Alan.
Don, WB5HAK

N5PI Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2011 05:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Speaker!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using a Kenwood speaker which is an ok speaker but sometimes had a hard time understanding a lot of people. I've used the Voice Master and on AM I've been able to hear and understand much better. There also seems to be much less noise. Great speaker, would buy again.

N2ULF Rating: 4/5 Jul 15, 2011 06:54 Send this review to a friend
Only One Minor Complaint  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this speaker after reading all the glowing reviews here on eHam. I have to say that it really is great. It's necessarily large, well built, and most importantly sounds great in all the modes I've tried. My only minor complaint is that after buying the speaker I was offered a $5 "refund" to write a review here on eHam. Even though the offer didn't stipulate that it had to be a good review, the offer still rubbed me the wrong way, and made me wonder if many of the other great reviews here were "bought" with the refund offer. The fact that so many reviews are from people who have owned the speaker 0-3 months seems to support that theory.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with offering an incentive to write a review, I just may have taken the reviews with a grain of salt had I known about the financial incentive to post one. I hope my review gives others the added info they need to make an informed purchase. If the speaker didn't perform as well as it does, I'd have an even bigger problem with the refund.

I'd rate the speaker a 5 on looks, price, and performance. So crazy as it may sound, I've dropped my overall rating to a 4 after being offered some of my money back, for the reasons stated above.

Note that I will NOT be asking for the refund now that I've written the review!