Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Voice Master Pro Communicatios Speaker Help

Reviews Summary for Voice Master Pro Communicatios Speaker
Voice Master Pro Communicatios Speaker Reviews: 25 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $129.95
Description: External communications speaker specifically designed for SSB, FM. AM and CW.
More info: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180519356359&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT.

You can write your own review of the Voice Master Pro Communicatios Speaker.

K4RYR Rating: 4/5 Jul 14, 2011 14:03 Send this review to a friend
Flex Radio Fix  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Previously I had written a review about how well the unit worked on my TS-570 but was a problem on my Flex-5000. Since that write up I feel it is only fair to write a new review with regard to operation with the Flex-5000. If you have a Flex Radio or any other radio with a stero output you can solve the problem of unbalancing the output and causing a poping noise by simply connecting the right channel to one side of a 5K pot and the left channel to the other side of the pot and taking your audio off from the center wiper. Then you simply adjust the pot until the poping noise goes away and away you go! My Flex now works great with the speaker with no problem. I rate it as "4 Good" because in my view a "5" in my view makes it perfect and I don't thnk anyone has the perfect speaker yet, but this one is as close as you can get!!

K9SL Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2011 13:44 Send this review to a friend
Looks Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my Voice Master Pro speaker. I unpackaged it and was pleased to note that it was very well supported in the box by custom styrofoam that tightly held the speaker. The finish is excellent. I have it sitting in my operator station but have not yet hooked it up. It is a great looking speaker and as soon as I finish installing all of the cabling I will use it. Steve K9SL

W4DSN Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2011 19:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Speaker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had a variety of ham speakers, including top end Icoms and Kenwoods, with all the filters in the speaker. I was a bit concerned that the VoiceMaster Pro did not have filters, but I decided to take a chance since there is a money back guarantee.

I learned a lesson about speakers. Here is the truth (if you can handle it!). You DON'T need filters in the speaker. How many high end audio systems have filters in the speakers? None that I know of. The filtering should be done in the receiver, and the job of the speaker should accurately reproduce what the receiver sends it. Filters in the speaker cabinet, at best, only make up for shortcomings in the speaker itself. More probably, they add distortion and warp the response curve. High level filters are not a good idea, even if they look pretty cool.

The VoiceMaster Pro does its job well, and produces very accurate audio. My PRO III has a variable bandwidth filter that takes care of adjusting what needs to be done.

In short, I am extremely satisfied with the VoiceMaster Pro and recommend it without qualification.

W1ZN Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2011 16:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent voice quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This speaker is a big improvement over all speakers I have used. Voice articulation is excellent. Lack of his and static is excellent. Nice looking. Excellent build quality.

NP3K Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2010 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Speaker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my VM Pro a few weeks ago, but wanted to give it a run before posting my review.
After trying differnt speakers on the market, this one did the job, bought this one based on reviews. It has natural sound and easy to listen.
Love the rectangular shape, it fits on the shelf along with the radio just perfect. Shipping was quick and very well packed. You won't be dissapointed.

JUNKMAN Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2010 15:49 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful Sound  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my Voice Master Pro station speaker and all I can say is WOW!! Talk about beautiful sound and this is it! I've never had any other speaker sound this good. Easy to drive with any radio and room filling sound. HiFi audio is excellent with this speaker since it passes enough lows and highs to hear everything that these transceivers are pasing. Very attractive wood veneer cabinet and cloth grill makes this very nice looking sitting beside any transceiver. Stop wasting money on the thin sounding factory "matching" speakers and give this one a try you will be very well pleased as I am.

KZ3X Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2010 18:15 Send this review to a friend
Big Sound  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking to replace a Kenwood speaker that I recently sold and found the Voice Master Pro speaker on eBay.

Over the years, I have owned speakers from Icom, Yaesu, and Kenwood. While they looked nice, sounded ok and matched their respective transceivers, none of them can hold a candle to the Voice Master Pro.

The speaker is about 17 inches wide and you may have to shift items around on your operating console to make it fit, but the difference in sound compared to one of the 4 or 5 inch matching speakers from the "big 3" is amazing. I am wiring all of my radios to this speaker in the shack with a switch so I won't have to listen to tinny audio again.

Alan shipped the speaker fast after I ordered it and it arrived without a scratch. The amazing thing about this speaker is that the price is about the same or less than the matching units that are being sold today by the big 3.

N2OGK Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2010 21:48 Send this review to a friend
A Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered it on eBay and it was shipped immediately and got it the next day. I am very glad I did as it made a big difference in my shack. The best speaker I have ever owned. Great audio. No hiss and no bass vibration. Like wearing Headphones you hear everything. You will not be sorry you bought this one.

SHEETS_GUY Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2010 06:34 Send this review to a friend
As Good As Advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this one based upon eham reviews and have not been disappointed. The best comm speaker I have ever heard and much better in a MW/SW set-up than expensive hi-fi speakers (I had a $700 pair of NHTs in my shack previously).

Strong but not boomy bass, crystal clear voice and built like a tank. One of the few pieces of equipment that actually performed to the level I had hoped for.

N2YPI Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2010 18:41 Send this review to a friend
Great Speaker !!! Good Price!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my Voice Master Pro Communication speaker today. What a great Speaker. I use it with my Icom 756 pro 3 . It brings in the weak station so clear. Wish i had purchased it sooner.
I wrote alan on ebay and asked him to call me because I had a question. With in 2 to 3 hour later he called . Great service Dont wait buy one and you have 30 days to test it out. If you dont like it they will refund you money. You just have to pay the return Postage.