Reviews Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | LDG ALK-2 Audio Linear Key Switch Help

Reviews Summary for LDG ALK-2 Audio Linear Key Switch
LDG ALK-2 Audio Linear Key Switch Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$49.99
Description: The ALK-2 is a switch box for speakers, keying lines, ALC lines or whatever you need. It has two switched and one common set of jacks in the back: 1/8th inch stereo and RCA jacks in parallel. On the front, a push-in/push-out selects the port, and an LED lights to indicate the selection. For instance, you can switch one speaker between two radios, or two radios between one speaker.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/6/44/1

You can write your own review of the LDG ALK-2 Audio Linear Key Switch.

GW3NOT Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2015 07:35 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant Gizmo !!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This little switch box, as described in a previous review, has to be a 'Best Kept Secret'. Sadly I couldn't find one on sale in UK (Is it a discontinued line?), but found one in Poland - New, but at 30 dollars more than the RRP. Still worth every penny. With just a push of the button on the fascia, it switches my Linear Amp ALC and PTT Lines between two transceivers, and simultaneously the Ext Spkr leads from each transceiver to my Audio DSP (a bhi NES)....
As stated by a previous reviewer, it doesn't go amiss to put clip on ferrites on to all of the lines, I feed all three (Audio, PTT and ALC)into a larger sized one at the back of both transceivers.
If you have a use in mind similar to the way I use it... buy, if you can find one.

KC6RCM Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2014 18:58 Send this review to a friend
Useful product.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For my VHF UHF station, I use a separate mono external speaker and straight key for my two rigs. The LDG ALK-2 addressed my needs perfectly and switches the speaker and key to the respective transceiver.

As the other reviewers noted, there are other applications for this useful product.

KI7DG Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2011 10:16 Send this review to a friend
Best kept secret  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The LDG ALK-2 has to be one of the best kept secrets. I have a Kenwood TS2000 and an ICom 756 and I wanted a second Amp, one for each radio. By accident I ran across the previous post and determined that I could tie both radios to the one amp. I ordered the LDG ALK-2 thru R&L Electronics and was pleasantly surprised that LDG also included cables for hook up. I now operate both radios thru one Amp (a savings of $1000). The relay and ALC from both radios are routed thru the ALK-2 switch to the Tokyo Amp and with its adjustable ALC control was able to find an acceptable level of operation for the AMP. LDG puts out some fine products but I have not seen this switch in any of their ads. Would I recommend this to friends - YES would I buy it again - YES. The switch is working as advertised.

WE1X Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2009 05:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Convenience  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased the ALK-2 about 2 months ago to connect an FT-950 and FT-2000D to a Tokyo Hy Power HL-1.2Kfx amp. The ALK-2 allows me to easily switch the desired transceiver to the amp without disconnecting and reconnecting the Key Line and ALC cables.

Depending upon your shack configuration and amp, you may need to use snap ferrite beads on you cables to minimize any RFI. This may be particularly true with solid state amps. Other than that the ALK-2 performs well.