Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Opek VH-1220 2M 5/8 & 6M 1/4 Help

Reviews Summary for Opek VH-1220 2M 5/8 & 6M 1/4
Opek VH-1220 2M 5/8 & 6M 1/4 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $< 20
Description: Opek mobile antenna for 2 meters and 6 meters. Comes with a 3/8x24. Approx 55 inches long, handles 500 Watts
More info: http://www.opektech.com/Mobile_Antennas.html#vh1220

You can write your own review of the Opek VH-1220 2M 5/8 & 6M 1/4.

N2OTY Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2010 13:24 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased this antenna at a hamfest brand new for under $20. It has out performed any 2 meter antenna I have had on a vehicle so far. The 3/8x24 connector was kind of an annoyance at first, but I found a PL-259 to 3/8x24 adapter so I have it mounted on a comet CP-5M mount on the back door of my truck. This antenna is very flexible so even with a full size pick up it just bends when you drive under things and springs back up when you pull out. This antenna also handles 500 Watts! I did use it with my RF Concepts 2-317 at 170W and it worked very nice. I did have replace the oem coax that came with the CP-5M because it was only capable of 75w on 2m. Probably one of the best $20 I have spent since I got into the hobby in 1991. Also doubles as a 6m 1/4 wave. For the price, performance and versatility this antenna is a definite 5/5.