Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | PstRotator Help

Reviews Summary for PstRotator
PstRotator Reviews: 35 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $21
Description: PstRotator - handles just about every controllable rotator in common use, provides automatic tracking for satelites and EME, and lots more
More info: http://www.qsl.net/yo3dmu/index_Page346.htm

You can write your own review of the PstRotator.

K3AJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2014 16:12 Send this review to a friend
You Need This Software - Best $20 You Will Ever Spend  Time owned: more than 12 months
It is no wonder that every other review without exception is a "5." I am adding my voice to the chorus. It is amazing how well thought out and flexible this software is. There are so many ways to point your rotator with this thing: enter the heading, click on the compass, or use a bunch of pre-sets you can establish, and some really cool options, like typing in the DXCC prefix or the grid square designator. This last one is absolutely invaluable when operating VHF. Once you start using this program, you would never want to go back to twiddling knobs and pushing switches on your rotator control box. It works with a mind boggling array of control and logging programs (I use it with both N1MM and DX Lab). It has many specialized features you can use if you need/want to such as programmable offset (say, if your antenna shifts on the mast due to the wind), 90 degree offset and on and on. When you use offset, the software still keeps track of where your stop is, so no danger of running the antenna into the stop - the software knows in advance which way to turn. You can program in your antenna beam width and see that graphically on the display. You can switch between LP and SP when pointing to a DXCC entity, call or grid square with a click on a button. I use mine with an Idiom Press Rotor-EZ modified Ham IV rotator. And as the late Billy Mays (a well known television sales huckster here in the US) would say if he was here - "But wait - there's more!" The program also includes SteppIR automation through another very well-designed window you can open and a simple three-wire null modem cable you can make yourself. It works flawlessly. I am so glad that I used this product to automate my SteppIR. And yes, you can even select the 180 and bi modes with a mouse click, and a software defined "dead band" on retuning the SteppIR is included. As others have said, the support that Codrut provides is amazing. Not being very computer competent, I needed help on two occasions since buying this software (despite the good troubleshooting resources available on line) and in both cases Codrut provided the solution promptly and cheerfully. He is a great guy. No charge for software updates or support. A no-brainer for a one time $20. Buy this software if you have an RS-232 capable rotator control - you need it.

LA8AW Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2014 14:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Must be one of the best programs for the HAM community. Codrut - YO3DMU, the developer of this excellent program implement new request faster than we can upgrade the program !!!

Requests are implemented very fast, and the most important addition is the WX setup, which automatically turn your beam into the wind, or 90deg off. Your choice! You can select your own WX station or one in your neighborhood - as long as the wx station connect to the a weather-station on http://www.wunderground.com . I have tested it -and it works great !!! Well worth to buy the full version!!! A few dollars/euros can save you thousands....

GW0PPO Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2014 07:48 Send this review to a friend
Added PTT feature  Time owned: more than 12 months
I gave this application a rating of 5 (Great) because Codrut is a very attentive customer focused software engineer. I requested that a Foot switch control feature be added to his PSTRotator program and he delivered. Much better than having to use the cursor to enable PTT via HRD for my remote controlled FT-950. Now all I have to do in clamp my size 10 down on my Herga Foot Switch and I am on the air. Just right for contest operation. Codrut's rate of development of customer requested features is exemplary. This software is well worth the price. 73 Clive GW0PPO

GM6TVR Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2013 11:09 Send this review to a friend
Another first.....  Time owned: more than 12 months
Update on my previous post:
Had to do a factory reset on my desktop PC recently, all went pear shaped during renewal of my Kaspersky product, PC was unusable and it refused to do what was asked of it.
On getting back to basics, I found that my serial port which was fitted by PC World, and working prior to the reset, could not be recognized, carried out all the usual updates and driver searches without success.
Had tried various serial port to USB adaptors without success before having the serial port fitted.
So, an email off to Codrut this afternoon got an immediate response from him, I downloaded TeamViewer which gave Codrut access to my PC, but due to family visitors and dinner, it was two hours before I got back in the saddle.
When I did, I found that the PC had been shut down and restarted, and PST Rotator was in full control of my PST-71 rotator once again, and not only that, but via one of the USB inputs!!!
Have emailed Codrut, thanking him.
This type of input and service is difficult to find in this day and age, the man is a genius, thank a million Codrut

AB7R Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2013 13:11 Send this review to a friend
Best program for Rotor control  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've found PSTRotatorAZ to be the most versitile rotor control program I've used. It has its own maps for Click 'n rotate, works well with myriad software packages for getting the call information to determine the correct AZ (tracking), uses its own current DX database and I think its compatible with just about every rotor available. There are many more features but I also think one of the best is the support. If you find yourself with a problem Codrut (author) is very very quick to respond with a solution. While not free, the registration fee is not very much compared to the value you receive in return. Very highly recommended.

Greg
AB7R

M0KGV Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2013 08:11 Send this review to a friend
Great Software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very easy to use, operates flawlessly, would like to see a multi rotator version of this great software.

IT9PQJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2013 03:55 Send this review to a friend
Simply wonderful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not too many words... Simply great software!

IH9YMC Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2013 10:14 Send this review to a friend
Full of functions  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Excellence software for ours rotators , full of functiones and features.
I give you only an advice , if you consider to use a usb to serial converter think to a cable converter with FDTI chip , this one is very stable , speedy ,and it will have no conflic with others virtual com .
73.

AC2FO Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2012 16:09 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Everyone else has already commented what i wanted to say. This is what I needed to finish my remote base.

Running Ez Rotor, SteppIr and Ham Radio Deluxe. All work together effortlessly. Codrut will reply to your questions in a very timely fashion. Support Ham Made products, and this is a good one.

W7JMW Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2012 18:21 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Software and Support   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I grabbed this software when I was looking for a replacement for the old Ham ADF program. What a surprise I was in for. Both programs are nothing short of amazing. Very comprehensive and easy to use with a bunch of other fantastic features thrown in. I had trouble bringing up Google Maps on my PC and Codrut (the developer and fellow ham) spent three weeks and many emails to get it working. He actually rewrote the software and provided updates three times! Do yourself a favor and buy this software. Virtually every rotator is covered and a large amount of third party tracking/logging software also. There is nothing out there that even comes close to this product.